Fake Tamagotchis Are All over the Internet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of the "Kofun" pets but I haven't really messed around with them. However, they seem to run on the generic bunny rom as that was the first thing that popped up when I started it. I will say they have absolutely terrible construction and one of the screws in the back cover is just drilled into the plastic with nothing to hold onto. That renders it completely useless for anchoring and thus the whole device will shut off quite easily. I have tried prying off the metal connectors embedded to the back cover and just duct taping them to the batteries, which is much better. Just for reference, the Kofun pets are modeled after the Tamagotchi School/Tamasuku.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two of the "Kofun" pets but I haven't really messed around with them. However, they seem to run on the generic bunny rom as that was the first thing that popped up when I started it. I will say they have absolutely terrible construction and one of the screws in the back cover is just drilled into the plastic with nothing to hold onto. That renders it completely useless for anchoring and thus the whole device will shut off quite easily. I have tried prying off the metal connectors embedded to the back cover and just duct taping them to the batteries, which is much better. Just for reference, the Kofun pets are modeled after the Tamagotchi School/Tamasuku.
right... i consider buying it because am curious

I keep seeing these online and it makes me upset. You can get these fakes for a cheap price, but the Tamagotchi Connections of my childhood cost $35 or more now! And I did see a YouTube video of the fake Color from Wish. I was laughing when Patrick came on because a Nickelodeon character does not belong the Tamagotchi world.

I have seen these in public. I saw the heart variant of the Jia-Yun pet at both Hot Topic and Marshall's. Hot Topic also had a variant of the same pet that fooled you into thinking it was a Color, and to make matters worse, it was next to some real Tamagotchis.

The heart variant of the Jia-Yun pet also appeared in the Schooled episode "Tamagotchis and Bells" alongside some real ones. Coincidentally, this aired the same day I saw the same pet at Marshall's.

I keep seeing these online and it makes me upset. You can get these fakes for a cheap price, but the Tamagotchi Connections of my childhood cost $35 or more now! And I did see a YouTube video of the fake Color from Wish. I was laughing when Patrick came on because a Nickelodeon character does not belong the Tamagotchi world.

I have seen these in public. I saw the heart variant of the Jia-Yun pet at both Hot Topic and Marshall's. Hot Topic also had a variant of the same pet that fooled you into thinking it was a Color, and to make matters worse, it was next to some real Tamagotchis.

The heart variant of the Jia-Yun pet also appeared in the Schooled episode "Tamagotchis and Bells" alongside some real ones. Coincidentally, this aired the same day I saw the same pet at Marshall's.
I really agree with you about the fake tamagotchis matter, not only regarding to tamagotchis, fake goods are just people trying to rip off money on other peoples brand names while selling lies its actually disgusting, tho i checked the link you attached it says there "pixa pet" it doesn't look like a fake, just looks like a virtual pet device? 
im asking this because with the fake tamagotchis the matter is that they use the brand name on their package or claim its a bandai device but i guess there is no law against just making a virtual pet game.

@Arissu - You're right that it's not trying to fool anyone, though I think that the big problem with the Pixa Pet, there, is that it's using some actual Tamagotchi sprite-art on its surface, so it's still problematic in that regard. :p

@Arissu - You're right that it's not trying to fool anyone, though I think that the big problem with the Pixa Pet, there, is that it's using some actual Tamagotchi sprite-art on its surface, so it's still problematic in that regard. :p
True that it's problematic 😕 
I feel like there are a lot of grey areas in the law regarding this matter which makes it possible for sellers to find loopholes and do things like that..
I think the best thing to do as a costumer is really check out the package and look for logos, check the seller for certifications etc..really as costumers we should protect ourselves by learning and making research before buying anything.

Please please can someone help im looking to buy a tamagotchi v3 on ebay.... my daughter really wants one .... pleade help im scared to buy a fake one. 

I have saved up for months to buy her one for her birthday please please help me 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F124029407201

Im not looking for any specific colour just a v3 as one of her friends have this one. Im really scared to get scammed as its very expensive to buy on ebay please can someone send me a link to a few that are real if this one in the link is fake.

I was also looking at this one.... if i cut back a bit i can get her this one ... but is it real or fake please please help

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392657243099

I’d thought I’d share this; it’s a “V1” that’s “SUPER RARE” on eBay. Here it is, pretty funny! It’s obvious that there trying to “draw” (although I must comply, it looks a bit like a two-year old squiggled Memetchi’s eyes! :p) Mimitchi, Kutchipatchi and Memetchi, but can’t use Bandais design so try to pass them off as these.

Also, thank you so much for all of the comments, likes, and 12,000 views! Never in a million years would I think my blog post would get this far! :D  (I’m also incredibly grateful for this form being left open!)

(I’m also incredibly grateful for this form being left open!)
And we're glad that you posted it! :) This topic tends to attract substantial replies containing quality information and discussion, and that brings something worthwhile to the community.

As for that "V1", wow. A "SUPER RARE" virtual pet by "BANDAN"! :lol: And the shell design is more reminiscent of the Gen 1/Gen 2 era than the Connection line, to boot! I do wonder what software it runs, though.

And we're glad that you posted it! :) This topic tends to attract substantial replies containing quality information and discussion, and that brings something worthwhile to the community.
Why, thank you! :)  

I agree (I promise, I’m not being bias!), it’s been credited and mentioned in quite a few other forums (including your Fake Database!) and it makes me really happy to see people enjoying and using my post! (-: 

Knockoff Tamagotchis are very common in the market nearby my house. I saw some fakes there, including a talking Lovelitchi doll with lights and had her English voice (🤔). I’ll make a topic about it tomorrow maybe.

Knockoff Tamagotchis are very common in the market nearby my house. I saw some fakes there, including a talking Lovelitchi doll with lights and had her English voice (🤔). I’ll make a topic about it tomorrow maybe.
I've never actually encountered any fake Virtual Pets, apart from Poundland. Where I live, there aren't any major markets, so I think this just a matter of your location. I will say though, it would be pretty cool to find!  :blink:

I've never actually encountered any fake Virtual Pets, apart from Poundland. Where I live, there aren't any major markets, so I think this just a matter of your location. I will say though, it would be pretty cool to find!  :blink:
I know what you mean. Poundland wasn’t where I found my fake Tamas at though, I go to a shop where we have all types of goods.

The QPet Quolor has a new version with less bootleggery, but it still has Tamagotchi characters (like the kutchipatchi on my pfp)  :D
It's a good color tamagotchi that's kinda cheap. It cost me about 450 CZK, while the newer color tamas cost like 1000 CZK (I don't really use eBay and local sites have none). I love this thing :)
There is also an improved movie function with titanic and some others :p  

Latest posts

Back