FOLIE A DEUX.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I heard.

I said to myself before I left that if they didn't have Folie I would spazz in the middle of the store xD

But it was right in the front. Despite the creepy guy getting about half a foot away from me and murmuring whether or not I needed help looking for anything xD

Want my review of it? Well here you go.

Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes: The first time I listened to this song I wasn't very impressed cause it sounds very much like just another FOB song... but the more i listen to it, I LIKE that about it. They start the album with a signature FOB Classic sound. I think its a good start. I mean, if you started an album with your best song, it would be a disappointment, wouldn't it? It's a good comfort for those any who worried their beloved FOB was changed or something. (I didn't really, but some people always worry their favorite sound is gonna change. EX. see: P!ATD to PATD...) Good song to start with.

I Dont Care: Okay, a song I'd heard many times and already knew. Its a really good song to introduce how the new album is different. Its musically different from anything FOB put out before. Vaguely more 'rock' and less 'pop'... I like!

She's My Winona: Pretty much one of the more 'pop'ish songs on the album. Nice lyrics. I especially like the 'life's just a pace car...' one. Pretty catchy song. Not my favorite, but definitely not bad. (Have to note that the world 'person' sounds like 'pu*sy' when he says it that fast... not sure why that's even relevant, but just a little note)

America's Suitehearts: Love! Seriously. Its got a taste of how sexy Patrick's voice gets on this album (Gah, see later songs for further details). It's pretty 'pop'ish, but not to much, cause its got a pretty awesome sound and catchy beat. A fun song to sing along to. Great lyrics. Very much approve of copious singing along and over-playing! I can see this one becoming a fan favorite.

Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet: Okay... just two words: Patrick's. Voice. Seriously, I wasn't aware his voice WENT that low! (I actually was suspicious of technological help at getting him that low. Until I saw a live performance on tv and he went that low!) They music is awesome, the song is pretty good. But the key factor is just this: Patrick's. Voice. I already knew the man was too perfect, but now, not only is HE rape-worthy... if it were physically possible, I'd rape his voice in this song! (ANOTHER FUN TO SING ALONG TO... except I cant go that low.) This song is either my second favorite, or possibly ties for my favorite from the album! IT'S WONDERFUL AND SEXY.

The (Shipped) Gold Standard: Nice lyrics. A bit too 'pop'ish for me a bit, but i still love it (I'll go ahead and say, I didn't dislike a single song on this album). Yeah, this one, is one of my least favorites... just cause its really a full on pop song. I will say, the easily mistaken 'my dad caught me a horseshoe crab'/'my dad called me a horseshoe crab' is very funny. Not as fun to sing along to, which is its main downfall really. Still pretty good.

(Coffee's For Closers): Pretty strings on the opening (and throughout really). Love the lyrics. Fun to sing along to (To a point... its not as fun as some). This one is really more 'classic' FOB sounding, and I love it.

What A Catch, Donnie: Okay, I don't even have to say it. I'm sure everyone knows this. BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! More beautiful voice, plus KICK A*S PIANO! The song has beautiful lyrics, the song is beautiful all together, and then seriously... Elvis Costello? AWESOME! Elvis Costello is the MAN! Then the back vocals near the end? perfect. I mean... it's BEAUTIFUL! It brings everything this band has done into real perspective! If I had to pick one song off the album this is it (Hell, I might go far enough to say this song is a good example of this BAND) By far one of the best songs ever. Okay, the breakdown of the backing vocals, since its hard to tell as low as they are (For me, at least... I had to Google it), really: Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy- Gabe Saporta; Sugar We're Going Down-Travis McCoy; Dance Dance- Brendon Urie (This was the only one I had NO trouble with. dang voice like a large black lady in church on Sunday, seriously);This Aint A Scene Its An Arms Race- Doug Neumann (NO idea who that is, really);Thnks fr th mmrs-Alex DeLeon; Growing Up- William Beckett (I knew that one too.)... So yeah... in short? BEST SONG! Made the album for me.

27- GREAT opening (and closing) lyrics! Nice music. Love it. Very catchy, I was singing it after one listen. I like it.

Tiffany Blews: Again, catchy start. Pretty 'pop'ish again, but not too bad. I still like it a lot. Not as fun to sing a long to, but still very good. Love Patrick's voice in it. I swear, the fact he can sing at the top (and out of.) my range, and then way below my range...it's just amazing in a TOTALLY unfair way. I mean I'm a girl. He can go higher than me without falsetto, and lower as well. I seriously question how his lungs and voice box don't overpower all his other insides and squish them, as tiny as he is, and as long as he can hold a note.

w.a.m.s.: (seriously, can someone tell me what that stands for? I don't like not knowing) Okay, another song with some of that sexy low voice. Fun to sing along to. Great music, seriously. (Don't really get the little part at the end where Patrick pretends he's an old man singing a prison-blues song from the... 30's or something. It's cool... just weird.

20 Dollar Nose Bleed: This song... is very odd content wise. I love Patrick's voice and of course, Brendon's amazing voice with Patrick's makes voice coaches all over spontaneously orgasm and cry at the same time cause their students cant ever be that good, no matter what. Very catchy song. Also, I didnt know exactly what Benzedrine was, I just knew it was some amphetamine. So I looked it up and supposedly it was an inhalant drug for asthma long ago that people started abusing, so it was made prescription only, and then its been backed away from, and isn't used much anymore But you think by the title it would be about a drug you snort. Benzedrine was either over inhaled, or they'd break the inhaler and eat the strip on the inside. It's referenced in pop culture all over as 'bennys' or 'bennies' when in the paper form. Oh well, it doesn't matter, the song is awesome. Who cares if my mom flipped out and demanded how I knew what Benzedrine is when I was singing the song at the fridge this morning.

West Coast Smoker: Okay, two words: Debbie Harry. Okay seriously? Elvis Costello and Debbie Harry all on one album? SERIOUSLY? Okay, the song is awesome, fun to sing with, very catchy, and Debbie Harry is AMAZING. Jesus, I love that woman. Now, having said I love the song, I'm not sure how I feel about the kinda mocking(?)of the holy trinity. I'm a bad christian, and I don't believe in a lot of my religions 'rules' but I don't like mocking that. I mean...that's not really...questionable 'ideals' or 'rules' in the bible. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost are like...yeah, you don't mock that. I'll sing the song, but I'll never not feel uneasy doing it.

So, all in all? My analysis is that it is awesome. I am still not sure if it is my favorite Fall Out Boy album, because Infinity Oh High was pretty amazing. I'd say its as good as, but not better than. If it had been better than, I'd probably have died from happiness, so thats probably a good thing. Another thing that was a total non-truth: Someone mentioned focusing more on the music than Patrick's voice, because (I believe the quote was) 'Patrick could sing the ingredients of Cheez-its and people would still buy it' and while that is true, and the music was beautiful and amazing, his voice still ruled the album. I'm not knocking it! I mean... ill be honest, if Fall Out Boy was the same exact music, but another person singing? They wouldn't be half what they are now. His voice? DOMINATES! I swear to God, he gets better as it goes, and he's AMAZING! (Sorry, Patrick makes me goofy in the head, ignore my near-fangirlyness.)

So, all in all? Probably as good as it could have gotten, honestly. Definitely best album of the year, that's for sure. This year has been pretty depressing as for albums released not living up to expectations, so this was refreshing!

Rating out of 10: ... I'll give it an nine, I mean... anything can get better, and a ten is totally not attainable unless something BLOWS MY MIND.

An overuse of ellipsis, capitals and exclamation marks. But whatever.

w.a.m.s.: (seriously, can someone tell me what that stands for? I don't like not knowing)
I was wondering what that stood for too.

So, I looked it up and someone said it meant "waiter, actor, model, singer."

I LOVE FOLIE A DEUX. <33

I love 'Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes' & 'She's My Winona', but all the songs rock. :D

~ Bethiee. :]

His voice? DOMINATES! I swear to God, he gets better as it goes, and he's AMAZING! (Sorry, Patrick makes me goofy in the head, ignore my near-fangirlyness.)
Welcome to the club xDD

And w.a.m.s. doesn't stand for waiter, actor, model, singer.

Pete said so on his blog.

I got it on the 20th, which was...3 days ago =P

How I got it was that my computer mouse stopped working (which I figured it would've soon since it had stopped clicking, clicking when I didn't want it to, just flipping out and going all over the place on the screen, etc.) and we went to Wal-Mart to get a new one, and since we were over to the electronics, I went over to the CDs and there it was on the "Newly Released" rack in all of it's glory xD I forgot that it had just came out, so I started jumping up and down and acting like a maniac XDD I think I've ever jumped that high before o_O Oh yeah, and it was on sale :D

Anyways, I'm listening to Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet right now, and it's probably my favorite song on the album other than What A Catch, Donnie and I also love I Don't Care. All good songs =]

~Mew

And w.a.m.s. doesn't stand for waiter, actor, model, singer.Pete said so on his blog.
Oh. Well, I looked it up. That person who said it was is wrong.

Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet: Okay... just two words: Patrick's. Voice. Seriously, I wasn't aware his voice WENT that low! (I actually was suspicious of technological help at getting him that low. Until I saw a live performance on tv and he went that low!) They music is awesome, the song is pretty good. But the key factor is just this: Patrick's. Voice. I already knew the man was too perfect, but now, not only is HE rape-worthy... if it were physically possible, I'd rape his voice in this song! (ANOTHER FUN TO SING ALONG TO... except I cant go that low.) This song is either my second favorite, or possibly ties for my favorite from the album! IT'S WONDERFUL AND SEXY.
Inorite? xD When I first heard it, I was all " :ichigotchi: What the freak? Patrick? Was that seriously him? O____o"

I didn't really believe it until I saw them preform it live on the internet =P

~Mew

Last edited by a moderator:
Inorite? xD When I first heard it, I was all " :huh: What the freak? Patrick? Was that seriously him? O____o"
I didn't really believe it until I saw them preform it live on the internet =P

~Mew
I believed it.

x3

Cause he went really low in a concert as well so hmm..

Anyways, I'm listening to Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet right now, and it's probably my favorite song on the album other than What A Catch, Donnie and I also love I Don't Care. All good songs =]
I can't choose a favourite song D:

It's a tie between Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet, Coffee's For Closers, 20 Dollar Nose Bleed, The (Shipper) Gold Standard, West Coast Smoker, Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes, She's My Winona, What A Catch Donnie, Tiffany Blews, w.a.m.s., and 27. D:

So, really. All of them except for I Don't Care. xD I like I Don't Care, but it's been out since Septemeber so I've been listening to it for a looooong time.

I believed it.
x3

Cause he went really low in a concert as well so hmm..
Lol.

Before I heard it, I could've sworn that he can't go that low, but I guess he can o.o

So I guess he has proved that he can hit very high notes (go listen to Dance, Dance, he gets pretty high =P) and very low notes XD

~Mew

Latest posts

Back