For those who have Limewire

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its like renting a DVD and then putting it onto your computer, and not paying to keep it forever. IT IS ILLEGAL!

Yes, limewire is illegal.
So are the majority of programs to download files. Bearshare, Aeris(sp?), Limewire, Kazaa etc...Downloading music over the internet is pirating, but everyone does it so why make it a big deal? I don't think the internet police are going to be knocking on our front doors to take us and your computers away. Let them handle the pedophiles online lol.

In the meantime, relax :( downloading music or movies or whatever will not give you cancer, it will not bite you, it will not harm you. If your program is freezing, sounds like your computer is having troubles of its own. I'd get that checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are the majority of programs to download files. Bearshare, Aeris(sp?), Limewire, Kazaa etc...Downloading music over the internet is pirating, but everyone does it so why make it a big deal? I don't think the internet police are going to be knocking on our front doors to take us and your computers away. Let them handle the pedophiles online lol.
In the meantime, relax :( downloading music or movies or whatever will not give you cancer, it will not bite you, it will not harm you. If your program is freezing, sounds like your computer is having troubles of its own. I'd get that checked.
Good explanation. Actually it says bearshare is legal because the people who own it pay for us. (That totally makes no sense.) I just say when something bad happenes while using limewire or those others uinstall it. Though be careful what you do. :D :huh:

Yeh it is illegal, I used to download songs off it when I was younger, I was young and not in the know. I don't use it now but I have many sonsgs on my iTunes that have been downloaded by me and my family, and it will take ages to get them off and sort em all out. But i told my cousins it was illegal and they didn't beleive me at first, now they do. :furawatchi:

TC

Kazaa is know legal, the payed $100 million in damages to the music industry. Anyway no matter what way you look at downloading music, it is illegal and that's that. My aunts friend was find 20,000 in a court case for downloading music, so it just shows you can get caught.

SFF

lime wire is perfectly legal its used by milions of people and if it was illegle it would of been shut down by now

lime wire is perfectly legal its used by milions of people and if it was illegle it would of been shut down by now
No it's not shut down because the software is legal but downloading music from limewire is illegal. So you can have limewire just not use it to download anything.

It isn't shut down because it only got sued as I have herd. It will shut down when it is pronounced officially illigal. They know it is illigal though they havn't announced it to the public as an official note.

No it's not shut down because the software is legal but downloading music from limewire is illegal. So you can have limewire just not use it to download anything.
ya but people download millions of songs per week and down loading illegal songs and movies are easy to detect and it will be traced and that person would get arrested.

wait i change my thought i now realized that if it was legal where would lime wire get permision to allow people to down load songs (i am sooo off lime wire)

thank u for making me realize that:) :furawatchi: :) :( :)

If your program is freezing, sounds like your computer is having troubles of its own. I'd get that checked.
Most if not all problems caused on computers, is caused from downloading. Compressed files, Music, videos and so on bring in the most viruses. They cause the most serious viruses such as, trojans. Other problems that cause your computer to freeze are to do with overheating, due to a fault with your cooling fans.

Something I found on Wiki-

The Limewire software itself is not illegal - that is why the site is still up and why you can still download it. However - if you download a song from the program and you do not pay copyright on it then that is illegal. Songs from the 1950's or before are legal to download because their copyright has expired. Anything from after that is illegal to download. However - you are all going to do it anyway so this just makes you aware!

ya but people download millions of songs per week and down loading illegal songs and movies are easy to detect and it will be traced and that person would get arrested.
wait i change my thought i now realized that if it was legal where would lime wire get permision to allow people to down load songs (i am sooo off lime wire)

thank u for making me realize that:) :D :) :D :)
NP. I stopped using limewire now I use www.imeem.com

Does anyone watch movies online? without downloading. I do and I am not sure if that's illegal or not, because I am not downloading them I'm just watching them.

Can I just make a note. Many people say that Limewire is illegal because it is downloading music, BUT like all people I know say...Limewire is legal because it is SHARING music. People upload their music and share it then people just downlaod which i consider is saving that music.
If I am wrong sorry I didn't look at the article yet.
Nope, its Illegal, Its illegal to share music aswell.

Also, your not paying for it.

All the time, Your Internet Server is tracking what you do, What you download, What sites you visit.. Ect..

And if they find you downloading illegal software, you can be banned from your internet Server.

Good explanation. Actually it says bearshare is legal because the people who own it pay for us. (That totally makes no sense.) I just say when something bad happenes while using limewire or those others uinstall it. Though be careful what you do. :D   :D
Yeah it doesn't make sense at all lol. Totally different story from what I heard. I haven't had problems with limewire. Kazaa I avoid just because it installs lots of advertising spyware on your computer :D

And as for that lawsuit against someone downloading music, that's the first I've heard of someone actually getting caught. Sounds more like wrong place, wrong time on the net or something. so 99% of the time you can get away with it and maybe 1 out of a million people get caught. What a scary ratio :D not lol.

I also want to point out as my older sister once did, downloading and burning CD's for your personal use is okay. If you rip CD's, download albums to sell for profit, that makes the downloading of music illegal. So I figure what you do with your stuff is fine, its if you're cheating stores and artists by selling unlicenced copies, then yeah that's bad.

I think this is a debate that will keep going on and on. Everyone has there own views and morals, so we should leave it at that. Just be aware though, that you may get caught at some stage and remember it wont be you paying the fine, it will be your parents. Happy surfing!!!

The Limewire software itself is not illegal - that is why the site is still up and why you can still download it.

However - if you download a song from the program and you do not pay copyright on it then that is illegal.

Songs from the 1950's or before are legal to download because their copyright has expired. Anything from after that is illegal to download. However - you are all going to do it anyway so this just makes you aware!

Does anyone watch movies online? without downloading. I do and I am not sure if that's illegal or not, because I am not downloading them I'm just watching them.
I know one site, but it infected my PC with a Trojan Virus x.x Im glad the virus is gone though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back