"Friend"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh!

Reaction score
Okay.

Well, I have this "friend", and i'm in a difficult situation with her...

*To make this easier i'm going to call her L.*

Okay, well, from the beginning I didn't like L, when I first went over to her house I left without even telling her because I was so uncomfortable, but it's not as bad now and she's changed. So in the beginning of this summer she's been starting to want to hang out with me ALL THE TIME, and the worst part is that she lives across my cul-de-sac. (or however you spell it. xD) So she can pop right in. Another thing, my mom arranged for her to come to my house every morning to walk with me to school, which really makes it harder. Her locker is also right next to mine! Now, if I actually liked her that would be great, but the thing is:

She is REALLY REALLY MEAN, and nosy too.

She can't go 1 day without putting me down, and whenever she comes over, she goes on my computer (which has very personal stuff) and my iPod (also kind of personal), even though I ask her not to, she does. She also doesn't even know WHO I AM, and yet she's constantly rude/mean to me about the way "I am." One time last summer she was SO MEAN it made me cry, because she was constantly being very hypocritical and rude to me. Then later she told me that she was sick of me, and yet she wanted to have a sleepover and hang out more? By then I had already told her to get out of my house, but she didn't listen. She criticizes every little thing I do, and, one time, she went on facebook (I told her not to, loudly.)and cussed a girl out, which caused me SO MANY problems.

Now, you'd think by now she would be out of my life and all that stuff. But, she's not, for a reason, which is probably stupid but I can't help it.

Her life is really hard. Her dad is VERRY VERY scary (he scares me so much, i wonder if he's mean), her big sister is a monster, and so much more. Since she trusts me, I know a lot about her that is really really sad. She's tried to kill herself twice, and what if I, (her best friend)left her? Would she try again? But I wish she hated me, because if she did, my life would be so much easier.

I would confront her, but for her, one thing goes in her head, and the next minute it's out. :/

Ooooh, this is a difficult situation.

I would say confront her. Tell her you really value her as a friend and tell her all the amazing things about her. But after that, mention what gets you down about her. Have a big heart to heart with her and tell her you how upsetting it is to hear your own friend say such mean things about you and that friends aren't supposed to make you cry. Maybe ask her to name some things she likes and doesn't like about you, and maybe agree to working on both changing a bit simply to make the friendship work.

If you're not into the whole trying to fix things thing and you'd really rather not associate with her whatsoever, then tell her. It will be difficult, but that's pretty much the only way you can be happy about this situation. And this might sound harsh, but don't let her get the sympathy vote. Don't put yourself into misery just because of her. Maybe, beforehand, introduce her to a couple of your other friends or let her venture out and make some new friends whom she'll feel comfortable with. And after that, let her know you think it's probably best if you guys don't stay friends. Or, if she does mean a bit to you, say you'd like to remain friends but drift off a little and don't stay best friends, just friends.

Whatever happens, I hope all goes well! :)

Well, if "L" was really your friend, she wouldn't be picking on you, but i can also see she relies on you to be there. <sigh> i wish i knew how to help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back