Funkorogatchi: Morino

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu_Dee_Jay

Reaction score
So, I've just raised my first adult on my Morino and, unsurprisingly, it's turned out to be a Funkorogatchi. Looking at the growth charts available, it would appear to be the worst character of the lot. Is this the case?

Obviously, it's my first attempt with a Morino, and I've made an absolute tonne of mistakes with it. I've only caught about half of the predator attacks it's been subjected to, for instance; and the cocoon stage was a complete farce (I accidentally let it reach almost full temperature overnight, and then it had dropped straight to cold before I woke up next morning).

Has anyone else experimented more with the Morino and got some definitive results? Obviously, not being released in English seems to have played some part in online records of this particular Tamagotchi being very vague indeed.

Thanks for your input. How unusual! Can you basically jam it towards either hot or cold then and leave it there to get a result that way, or do you have to balance it somewhat?

Going off of what Tama_dude2010 mentioned, I wonder whether you've seen THIS particular chart yet (Pixelmood is another one of my favorite vintage Tamagotchi sites)? It depicts growth based on the hot/cold deviations. I still haven't figured out what one needs to do to get each of the types of cocoon (maybe this is where weight comes in?). Though it seems that the temperature meter moves of its own accord in the night (unless you pause it), I think you can adjust it yourself by using the "A" button to change the arrow's direction. After changing it, one would still need to keep an eye on it, I imagine.

Yeah, I've seen the hot and cold charts, but there's little to no documentation with regards to experimentation and results. I think I'm going to leave the meter pointing solely towards hot next time, and max-out the temperature for the full twenty-four hours and see what happens. I totally screwed the temperature up somehow this time, because I couldn't establish any patterns as to how frequently temperature changes occurred, and how frequently it was necessary to adjust the direction of the thermostat. I do know that some fluctuation occurs overnight, because the scale was at completely the opposite end to how i left it the night before. The problem here is that some sites speculate that overdoing the temperature either way can result in the death of your Morino; which we don't seem to know whether that is truth or merely speculation. Plus, I haven't even touched on the weight issue. It's very difficult for your Morino to gain weight purely because playing with it (obviously) lowers the weight gradually anyway.

All I do know is: pausing your Morino totally screws the internal calendar up by an entire day. Your Tamagotchi will age in the normal way, but it seems to cancel out any events that were set to happen in that day. For instance: I paused it for two nights opver the weekend, and my Tamagotchi went into its coccoon approximately two days later than it should have (it didn't enter the cocoon until it was five years old, as opposed to the documented three years.) I will have to do some experimentation of my own and post my results.

I can't believe I've just written an essay on what is essentially a child's toy...

I never liked the Morino until this year (I've had mine since high school and I'm in my final year of college now) until i figured out how NOT to get funkorogatchi! Like tama_dude2010 said, you want to get the weight pretty high. I've gotten it to 40g+ both of the last two times I've run it, and once (with a hot cocoon) I got mushibatchi (the one that looks like it has sunglasses) once and gejitchi once (the centipede-y looking one). They aren't the best characters, but I was thrilled not to get the dung beetle! I've read that you shouldn't leave the thermometer to one direction the whole 24 hours of the cocoon stage, that you should let it stay hot or cold, depending on what you want, for 18-20 hours and then switch to the other to avoid death. I want to get the ladybug (it's so cute!) Hopefully I figure out how to soon.

I really wasn't sure of what to make of the Morino when I first started with it, but all of a sudden I'm loving the mystery that surrounds most things to do with it. I think I'm next going to aim to get anything that's not Funkorogatchi and go from there also.

Thanks for the information with regards to the cocoon stage. I guess it'll all become clear with a bit more practice. I'm going to leave Funkorogatchi for a little while longer, and then restart the Morino from there armed with that little bit more knowledge about it. :)

i know this post is over a month old just joined recently, so sorryz. Ive had a morino tamagotchi for about 8 years now. Its still my favorite tamagotchi simply because it remains a mystery to me even now. Ive done many rounds of starting new eggs and i have to say ive only goten - minotchi hot and cold, funkorogotchi and chabitamatchi being my best. Ive tried mnany methods and yes weight has alot to do with it but its also not missing any attacks and from their keeping the cacoon at a nice balanced ratio. Im probably going to start a group hatch if anyone wants to join in. also would love to know anything about morino secret characters. I only have heard of rumors, it would be cool if someone were to actually get one.

I would love to join a group hatch!! My Morino is currently running - little Imochi. Guys, I was wondering, would it be possible for you to draw up "instructions" on how to get the characters that you have gotten so far? I am also only getting Funkoragotchi (unless I hatch the spotte egg ;) ) I think it will be really helpful to future Morino owners and all of us could be a team and construct a Morino guide.......? I will be looking out for that group hatch!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is currently a morino guide on tama zone that is very good, also u want to feed ur morino candy only, and dont miss attacks, the better character you will get. ive also herd that u want to go either fully warm thens witch at the last few hours or fully cold and switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back