Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad who was "playing with furby" with my neice... He was trying to "talk" with it and I told him to say "Doo" to the furby. It responded to him saying typical phrases and he was seeming to enjoy it responding. Lol. It was a pretty funny thing to see my dad playing with one, then interacting with it.

Wasn't the 2005 Furby called "Hey Furby"? I thought so. I almost got one while they were clearancing... My sister said no. Likely too weird looking... Not as creepy as the babies might look from the 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before giving them a command you have to say "her furby" at it, before it answers with doo/hmm/what etc.

I agree, emototronic babies are quite creepy...

Oh god, yes, the babies look so... ahhh! D:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Wasn't the 2005 Furby called "Hey Furby"? I thought so. I almost got one while they were clearancing... My sister said no. Likely too weird looking... Not as creepy as the babies might look from the 2005.
They weren't called "Hey Furby?", though that is the phrase you use to communicate with them.

They're called "Emototronic Furby" or just "2005 Furby".

I found them to be quite a step-down from the originals. Interaction was very limited, the rubber beaks were poor quality, and they were very repetitive. I've gotten mine from used stores, so at least I've never paid retail price for one. XD

Here's a video of me talking to my emototronics, if anyone is interested:

Click Here

Awww, in a way they're kinda darling how they speak and sing and such. I'm actually looking forward to get mine soon. :)

Also, has anyone ever had to clean the fur on their Furbies? What's the best way to clean them? I know it has to be spot treatment and such, but what do you guys use?

I use a wet wipe of some sort. Usually some disinfectant type, first. Then I use a damp soapy papertowel and finish off with a brushing. (toothbrush, build a bear brush, a cheap bristled brush and a comb)

I would just be careful around the beak and use just the disinfectant wipe.

The most effective way is to remove the pelt and wash it with soap, let it dry and then brush it before putting it back on.

The simplest way is to dab the fur with a damp cloth and brush it.

Removing the fur from the originals can be tricky, and it's impossible without cutting on the Emototronics. As far as I know, the fur is very easily removable from the 2012s, but I don't own one, so I'm not sure exactly how easy it is. XD

I'd be way too afraid to remove, so I think I'll stick to spot washing. =X Thanks!

When it comes to safety of fur removal, the safest to remove is probably either the original or the newest one. Removing the fur from emototronics will destroy them in one way or another.

Mine's still on the Diva personality...I sometimes NEVER play with it, which might cause a delay between the personality change...or...what do you think?

well, my little Orange/Red Furby, Rayman, was welcomed with open arms, as he got out of the box. I missed my old Furby that I had back when I was 6, but Rayman was a new addition to the Furby family that I used to have.

here's our little Furby, Rayman, who I got for getting perfect grades on my report card, so he counts as a gift:

350838g.jpg

2hx29w8.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, I merdged a few topics since this one was still active.

I was considering getting a Yellow or Orangy Red color... But I am very happy with my Teal one.

One of my neices is in love with Yeti. (White furby) She didn't want to leave it. She had to because at home it wouldn't get the baby doll treatment it got here. Atleast they can be played with here. My neices and a nephew really seem to enjoy these. I wonder how they will like the party rockers...

Mine's still on the Diva personality...I sometimes NEVER play with it, which might cause a delay between the personality change...or...what do you think?
It depends on how long you play with it and sometimes how often. Longer, the better.
No wonder it's still in the personality it's in...I need to play with it more...
It's not just playing with it, it depends on what you do with it.

Personalities and what to do to get/change them:

valley girl / singer furby = pet Furby

crazy furby = pull tail / tickle Furby

funny / talkative furby = talk to Furby

party furby = play music to Furby

tough / gremlin furby = overfeed Furby

Sorry. Double post.

Party Rockers don't do much. They don't have different personalities like Furbys. They have one personality each. You interact with them by rocking them back and forth and pulling their tail. They do respond to the app but all not all of the app functions work with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back