Game Recommendations?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGirl96

Reaction score
So my birthday just passed, and I've got $130 in gift money.

And I just got The Sims 2: Apartment Pets for the DS, which is really fun, but it's pretty repetetive.

I love the Nintendo DS, and I'd really like some game recommendations. Please include either a short summary or a wiki page on the game so I know what the premise is.

My only restrictions: Don't suggest Mario or Pokemon.

Thanks a bunch guys! :)

Professorlaytonprofessorlaytonprofessorlayton. 83

Link

I'd love if you got that game, Nicki! Then we could have conversations about it. ;3 It's a wonderfully made game. Super super fun and different. If you do want to get it, start with Curious Village (the one linked), and then you can play the sequel.

Another good one is Animal Crossing Wild World. I don't know if you have that, though. I know you have City Folk but Wild World is great. It is similar to City Folk just more portable. :)

Andandand yeah I think that's it. If something pops in my head I'll tell you~ I have a lot of DS games so... Good luck!

edit; Link faillll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Sims, mostly I love just engineering so many different houses and creating different types of families, I don't really play with them.. I just make more 8D

I hear Professor Layton is good, but I've never tried it. ACWW is fun, the Simpsons game, Rythm Paradise, hmm.. that's all I can think of. I'm not a big game person but I guess I'd recommend these :]

Haven't played the Professor Layton games, but I do agree that ACWW is a really fun game (I've been playing it for about 4 and half months--yes, daily). I've also heard of Rhythm Paradise which Mazeay mentioned, but just so you know, in the US it's called Rhythm Heaven. :)

My second favorite DS games is Nintendogs--but it becomes monotonous after a little while. You'll get tired of having to visit your dogs, feeding them, playing with them, walking them, and instead of something you'd love to do everyday, it becomes something of duty you don't want to follow. =S I only play with my pups every couple of weeks now 'cause I got really tired of all the "work" after about three months straight (and I lasted a LOT longer than other people). Still...if you just play the puppies when you feel like it (rather than play with them every day like I felt like I had to) they're pretty cute and sweet. =)

Ahh, another addictive game! The Cooking Mama series! Yup, there's a 1, 2 and 3! I only have number 2, I've played number 1, and I haven't tried the 3rd yet. I guess you should go and try the third. :D

CM games are...

Cooking Mama

Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends

Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop

By the way, here are the Amazon page links to all of the previously mentioned games. =) I usually find Amazon reviews that are pretty informative about the game.

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

https://www.amazon.com/Professor-Layton-Cur...56115619&sr=8-2

Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (sequel to previous game)

https://www.amazon.com/Professor-Layton-Dia...56115619&sr=8-1

Animal Crossing: Wild World

https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossing-Wild...56115723&sr=8-2

Rhythm Heaven

https://www.amazon.com/Rhythm-Heaven-Ninten...56115750&sr=8-1

Nintendogs (the link here shows the list of different versions of the game, ex. Dachshund & Friends, Lab & Friends, etc.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_...6&rnid=11846801

Cooking Mama

https://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Mama-Nintend...56115880&sr=1-1

Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends

https://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Mama-Dinner-...56115880&sr=1-3

Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop

https://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Mama-3-Shop-...56115880&sr=1-5

Whew! Hope I helped!

Oh, since you brought up Nintendogs, I probably should mention all the games I already have: Nintendogs, The Sims 2: Apartment Pets, Petz Hamsterz Life, New Super Mario Brothers, Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2, and Big Brain Academy.

You reallyreallyreally have to play Ace Attorney :D It's my favorite game everrr.

And Scribblenauts is pretty good too.

(Late reply, I know)

So you guys know how I have AC:CF for the Wii? Well, I was considering buying AC:WW for the DS, but what exactly are the differences? Is it the same game for two different consoles?

What I really want to know, actually, is if there would be a way for me to download my current game from the Wii onto the DS card.

Alrighty! I do not own ACCF, HOWEVER, I'm fairly well informed about it! B) Apparently ACCF and ACWW are nearly the same. The differences I know of are...

- ACCF has real holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.) and ACWW does not. ACWW has its own holidays (Bright Nights, Yay Day, La Di Day, etc.)

- In ACCF, you can "run down" your grass and turn your town into a wasteland; no such problem in ACWW.

- In ACWW, you do NOT get to choose out of four different houses for your character to live in. There is only one house which all four players share and you do not get to choose its location (of course you can keep rebuilding your town until you get one you like).

- Your ACWW town is not as large as your ACCF town. I think ACWW has 16 acres and ACCF has around 25 acres.

- There is no city area in ACWW unlike in ACCF. You have to get Nookington's (and you must have a wireless visitor purchase something at Nook's as well as spending 240,000 bells there) to get the Shampoodle.

- You can not play hide and seek with your neighbors in ACWW.

You can NOT (emphasis on the "not" there) download your Wii game onto your DS card. You have to start fresh. What is similar to what you're asking is for someone who wants to transfer their DS character (with hairstyle and the clothes they're wearing) to their new Wii game. But you cannot transfer a whole town or game either way.

Hope this is helpful! :D

Alrighty! I do not own ACCF, HOWEVER, I'm fairly well informed about it! B) Apparently ACCF and ACWW are nearly the same. The differences I know of are...
- ACCF has real holidays (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.) and ACWW does not. ACWW has its own holidays (Bright Nights, Yay Day, La Di Day, etc.)

- In ACCF, you can "run down" your grass and turn your town into a wasteland; no such problem in ACWW.

- In ACWW, you do NOT get to choose out of four different houses for your character to live in. There is only one house which all four players share and you do not get to choose its location (of course you can keep rebuilding your town until you get one you like).

- Your ACWW town is not as large as your ACCF town. I think ACWW has 16 acres and ACCF has around 25 acres.

- There is no city area in ACWW unlike in ACCF. You have to get Nookington's (and you must have a wireless visitor purchase something at Nook's as well as spending 240,000 bells there) to get the Shampoodle.

- You can not play hide and seek with your neighbors in ACWW.

You can NOT (emphasis on the "not" there) download your Wii game onto your DS card. You have to start fresh. What is similar to what you're asking is for someone who wants to transfer their DS character (with hairstyle and the clothes they're wearing) to their new Wii game. But you cannot transfer a whole town or game either way.

Hope this is helpful! :D
You can play hide and seek in ACWW o.o I don't know if City Folk has a special way of doing it, but in ACWW one person stands somewhere and waits until the other person finds a place around town to hide.

I've done it a lot actually XD

I'm fairly sure Wild World has a few real holidays too. They're just named differently.

I haven't played either version in at least a year, so I'm not 100% sure about the holidays, but you can indeed play hide and seek xP

I like Animal Crossing, but I find it gets too repetitive.

I haven't played my GC version in like 3 years, WW probably 2 years and I only played CF for maybe three months before I got bored with it.

---------------------------------

I agree with everyone who suggested Cooking Mama, but that gets repetitive too.

Touch Detective is good, but really short.

Harvest Moon is good. I still haven't beaten it, but I'm an all around fan of Harvest Moon xP

Legend of Starfy is dorky but fun. I like it so far.

Professor Layton drove me nuts.

I've heard amazing things about Scribblenauts. That's on my list of games to buy.

Final Fantasy Tactics is a favorite of mine, but it gets really tedious.

It really just depends on what kind of games you like.

You might go on Gamestop.com or a similar game site and look at reviews to get a feel for what you might be interested in.

... You have to get Nookington's (and you must have a wireless visitor purchase something at Nook's as well as spending 240,000 bells there) to get the Shampoodle...
SK already mentioned the hide and seek thing. Lots of us play hide and seek with visitors (wifi or DS>DS) on ACWW - the difference is that on ACCF a group of 3 of your town animals challenge you to play hide and seek B)

You don't need a wireless visitor to purchase items from the shop to get it to upgrade.

The rules for the upgrade are that you must spend a certain amount of bells on items in the Nook shop for it to upgrade - nothing else. I restared my ACWW town last December and got it up to Nookington's without anyone else apart from my two ingame characters buying stuff in the shops.

A visitor can help upgrade the shop quicker (either wireless or DS>DS - it doesn't matter which), but it's not necessary if you don't have anyone you connect with.

I've got both games and I play the wii City game infrequently (permanent bed hair FTW)... I do play ACWW pretty much every day because I enjoy creating and building up a town, fishing and bug catching, etc. and as others have said because it is DS and portable.

I think it is because my favorite types of games are not the shoot 'em up, kill 'em/squash 'em/fight 'em types of games. I get no sense of achievement by jumping over giant mushrooms and avoiding hungry ghosts :D

Like SK said - it does depend on what games you like yourself. A lot of ppl recommended Zelda/Phantom Hourglass to me - but when I played it, I just never really got into it at all.

I agree with you on the 'which games are enjoyable and which kinds aren't' thing TamaMum! I just thought that you had to have a wireless visitor because I read on www.animalxing.com that you need to spend 240k AND have a wireless visitor, I suppose it should've been "or," but no matter, I got Nookington's! =)

POKEMON PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!!

PROFESSOR LAYTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF THE ZELDA GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARIO KART(although mario kart is better on wii...)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive got them and they r rlly good!!! :D

sorry about writing pokemon and mario lol, i didn't read your post properly.

I just got scribblenauts, its awsome!

GET SCRIBBLENAUTS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back