Gas Prices

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterTama232

Reaction score
Because of Hurricane Ike all the gas prices are going up and it is crazy!

I am not even close to driving (almost) and I am getting worried I may have to pay $5-6

a gallon when I start.

But these prices have affected just about everyone I know.

I may have to stay home for a whole week! (homeschooled)

What's your opinion?

Gas prices suck, but thankfully they're going down.

They were up to $4.30 here during the summer, but now the cheapest(what I use) is down at $3.61.

I thought it was bad when I first started driving at $2.17.

Because of Hurricane Ike all the gas prices are going up and it is crazy!I am not even close to driving (almost) and I am getting worried I may have to pay $5-6

a gallon when I start.

But these prices have affected just about everyone I know.

I may have to stay home for a whole week! (homeschooled)

What's your opinion?
Wow. Gas prices are going up. Around here it's about $3-$4. I remember when I was little, gas prices were around $1.80, and we thought that was expensive.

Probably scientists might find a new way for cleaner transpiration.

If gas prices do go up that high, I'm just not going to drive. Period.

Wow. Gas prices are going up. Around here it's about $3-$4. I remember when I was little, gas prices were around $1.80, and we thought that was expensive.

Ehhh, everyone says that but most people never follow through on it..

They have ethanol, which I something like vegetable oil.

I don't know if all cars are compatible with it or any of the bigger details.

I remember saying if gas prices went about $3.00 I'd stop driving and start riding the bus, but there were too many places I needed to be NOT to drive myself.

my mom always says that the gas prices are too expensive. I aggree. just a few bucks is like all the money in the world!

thats just my point of view though. everyone at school says 1,000 bucks isn't that much.

:furawatchi:

Violetchi: OK, it's a few dollars a gallon. Which I used to not think so bad. It used to be 1.47 a gallon. Multiply that by say 10 gallons or so, about 14.70 right? So it's about 4.10 were I live so multiplay THAT by 10, 41 bucks.

Look how much you end up spending just by a 2.5 dollar increase. Just IMAGINE how much extra money you spend in a year because of gas. Hundreds of bucks, that you could be using for yourself.

I would perfer to start riding my bike, only using a car when it's absolutly nessecary. I have a step brother who literally rode his bike miles to visit us. That and he didn't have moniez, so we sent him to Alaska. Lawl.

I think I would try biking over cars, but I'll lazy out within the first month.

Violetchi: OK, it's a few dollars a gallon. Which I used to not think so bad. It used to be 1.47 a gallon. Multiply that by say 10 gallons or so, about 14.70 right? So it's about 4.10 were I live so multiplay THAT by 10, 41 bucks.
Look how much you end up spending just by a 2.5 dollar increase. Just IMAGINE how much extra money you spend in a year because of gas. Hundreds of bucks, that you could be using for yourself.

I would perfer to start riding my bike, only using a car when it's absolutly nessecary. I have a step brother who literally rode his bike miles to visit us. That and he didn't have moniez, so we sent him to Alaska. Lawl.

You could also try buses. Depending on where you live it could be quite cheap.

I take the bus down to Seattle xP

Not because of gas prices though, because drivers in Seattle are morons.

I think they just raised bus fair here from $0.50 to $0.75.

Good idea, the problem is, there may not be a bus that runs in every town or at the right time.

What I plan on is to bike and take the bus while I save money for a car that is powered by all electricity.

The kind that charge up like a cell phone.

I don't really like the idea of ethanol because we may have more of a gas problem and use up all the corn!

That's 2 MAJOR shortages.

4-6 dollars a gallon?! You're kidding me.
I thought $1.29 was a lot.
No I'm pretty sure they mean something else. Canada and the U.S don't go by the same conversions when it comes to gas. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Most cars hold about 20-25 gallons of gas... :p

@ Sweet Kandi: They do make cars that can run on E85 ethanol. When your driving or when someone else is driving, look on the back of the cars. Some of them say FLEXFUEL and then in little teeny words [SIZE=7pt]E85 Ethanol[/SIZE].

I've heard that in 2010, they are making this electric/gas car that is mostly electric. You plug it in and charge it. I've also heard that they are making an electric/generator car that can go up to 40 miles on electric.

We just have to sit and wait, and see what the future brings us. ;)

^ Wow, that sounds smart. :p ^

No I'm pretty sure they mean something else. Canada and the U.S don't go by the same conversions when it comes to gas. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
[SIZE=13pt]Yep your right.[/SIZE]

In Canada, I believe we sell gas by the liter.

While in America you sell it by the Galon.

So in right now...Gas is going for about 1.29$ a LITER.

In Canada. D;

But whatever...Gas prices are gas prices.

Nobody is ever happy with it. Everyone always seems to say they'll take the bus, walk, or bike, but nobody ever does.

Gas prices don't really concern me, because I don't drive.

But I don't find it that big of a deal. A lot of things are going up in price. We just have to get used to it.

They have ethanol, which I something like vegetable oil.I don't know if all cars are compatible with it or any of the bigger details.

I remember saying if gas prices went about $3.00 I'd stop driving and start riding the bus, but there were too many places I needed to be NOT to drive myself.
Ethonal was a pretty dumb move. You never ever ever put your food supply into things like this. It takes so much to grow the corn, everything has risen in prices. I have no idea what genius missed this point! Plus, it's not even that efficiant. :ph34r:

Gas prices will go down from $5-6. They had to shut down all the rigs in the gulf and from there it's supply and demand. Once everything re-opens and goes smoothely, it'll be back to normal. Though normal isn't exactly great either, it's not 6 dollars! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, when I'm of age, I would just buy one of those converters that let your car run on cheap beer or cheap vegetable oil. I mean, yeah, I could buy one that ran on ethanol, but ethanol is just moonshine, which is corn alchahol, and it seems a waste to me to just use corn for that, when there are so many starving people, you know?

I'm in a hurry, so no, this is not a well composed argument. x-x though, my teacher just lit up when I told her I was talking about gas prices. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back