Gas Prices

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad had to sell his big truck just because it cost too much to fill it with gas, so we had to get a little one

you can barely it 3 people in the truck

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we're down here a bit under a dollar a litre, mainly due to our dollar dropping and such, but it's all good.

Right now, where I live, gas is somewhere around a $1. It's really gone down since like, a few weeks ago!
GAAASSSPPPP! Where do you live? am shipping my parents there! I am so tired of hearing them complain! Also, when I was walking from my school to Walgreens today I saw that gas prices were down to $2.99 **does happy dance**

They were getting to the all time high for Australia, $1.40 something which my not sound like much but is expensive here. Because of some individual petrol station having the price down to 99 cents (they were on protest) now the whole country is lowering the prices slowly. It is said that when it gets down to 99 cents, it'll stay like that.

To fill my car the other day it only cost me $22 :3
It was so exciting <3

We're down to $2.57.
Yeah! My parents are paying like.. twenty dollars less now!

I think my mom actually saw it in the $1s! :rolleyes:

I'm tired of hearing people talk and complain about gas. Sure it's happening. But it's a limited source. What's gonna happen when it's all gone?
Americans can ride a bike for once, too. :rolleyes:
Sure but my dad has to drive 30-45 minutes each way to work. That's in a car. I don't eve know how many miles that is! :lol:

I love and cherish the earth but we can't just ride bikes everywhere in our society. What about groceries? Or kids? Or just carrying a heavy backpack to school can be difficult.

Sure but my dad has to drive 30-45 minutes each way to work. That's in a car. I don't eve know how many miles that is!  :D
I love and cherish the earth but we can't just ride bikes everywhere in our society. What about groceries? Or kids? Or just carrying a heavy backpack to school can be difficult.
We definitely can't walk everywhere - but one way we can help out is that we can be more open minded to opportunities to walk or cycle where possible instead of using the car.

Groceries? I regularly do a grocery shop at a supermarket within walking distance of my house - and use two strong bags (and a back pack if necessary).

I don't do that every time. Sometimes it is a big shop and there's too much on the list to carry so the car is used - but not every single time.

Carrying a heavy backpack to school can definitely be difficult - but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Perhaps if your backpack is heavy every single day because you definitely need every single book on that day, then you could walk some days and drive other days?

With Kids? Young ones have push chairs and they are useful for helping us to carry a little more shopping that we would normally ;)

It's also good to encourage kids to walk places instead of just automatically jumping into the car.

My eldest daughter walked all the way through Dovedale - and back again (a valley in north England) when she was 3 years old.

The walk through Dovedale is around 2 miles each way. She made it - one rest at the end of the valley for juice and a biscuit (cookie) before we walked all the way back ;)

Honestly, it can be done :D

I pretty much walk everywhere. The only time I'd have to use transport is when I have to go to another school for my "Diploma"

Same here! Last time our gas prices (by the litre keep in mind) were around mid 70's cent wise was over 4 or so years ago o_O;;; Last time we saw it was 76 something cents.

Where I live it cost about $1.20 and is going down daily...

a few months ago it was up at like nearly $2.00

In Canada, we go by litres.

It was up to like 1.70 a litre, but now it's back down to about 70 - 79 per litre.

Woah.. well I'm not a gas price 'expert' but where I live it's only about $0.80 a L(last time I checked about a week ago).. but maybe it's because we measure in Litres.

Hopefully science will come up with some new efficient and less expensive way to fuel your cars when I start driving.. (4 years) or maybe I could save up for a Smart Car..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back