gay marriages

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just curious but what is your definition of marriage? Where should we draw the line and say this is not marriage and does not count? Is it okay to you for a man to have many wives? What about boy-man love [yes, there are certain peoples that believe it's fine, for say, an adult male to romanticize a young boy]?

Hmm. Did I post in this thread already? Oh well.

I support gay and lesbian marriages. There is no wrong or right in love, and love is an art. Just as art is, love is supposed to evolve. You cannot draw the line for love, ever. Sure, thats one couple that won't reproduce, but so what? thousands of people are born every day anyways.

EDIT:

Tamaw/pants;;

The definition of marriage used to be a mans sword and meat, and a woman's sexual reproducing, but now that women can protect themselves and earn a proper living, etc, marriage is simply legal bonding in love.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if marriage is "supposed" to be between a man and a woman for the purposes of reproduction, should infertile couples not be allowed to wed also? Makes sense to me by this logic. If women and men who are physically unable to reproduce can be recognized as a couple legally, I think people who can physically reproduce but are gay should be as well. It is the same outcome. No babies, but a lifetime commitment to each other, which is still beautiful and worth respecting.

Gotcha. I see what you guys are saying but should polygamy also be allowed?

I'm just curious but what is your definition of marriage? Where should we draw the line and say this is not marriage and does not count? Is it okay to you for a man to have many wives? What about boy-man love [yes, there are certain peoples that believe it's fine, for say, an adult male to romanticize a young boy]?
In some religions it is acceptable for a man to have more than one wife. Just like in some religions it is not acceptable for a gay couple to wed.

Boy- man love is love, but can't be marriage if the boy is not of age to be married, and by then it would younger man- man love.

So, while these situations exist, most places it is not recognized legally, so it is not marriage.

I do, however, feel that weddings that are held that are everything but legally binding are still weddings and they are still a married couple. It counts to them, to their family and friends, but not the law.

The official statistic is about 25 million. Less than one tenth of one percent of the world population.
In other words, a lot.
25 million isn't a lot when compared to 3-4 billion.

BUT it is a massive amount when you consider the entire population of Australia is 21 million .

Anyway: Gay marriage is fine. It's still love. If anyone can love why can't everyone and anyone get married? We are all equal people with equal rights. We have the right to eat, have shelter and have education whether you are black, white, straight or gay. Why can't marriage laws be the same?

It's discrimination to deny one group of people something that everyone else has the right to have.

In some religions it is acceptable for a man to have more than one wife. Just like in some religions it is not acceptable for a gay couple to wed.
Boy- man love is love, but can't be marriage if the boy is not of age to be married, and by then it would younger man- man love.

So, while these situations exist, most places it is not recognized legally, so it is not marriage.

I do, however, feel that weddings that are held that are everything but legally binding are still weddings and they are still a married couple. It counts to them, to their family and friends, but not the law.
Well, they technically are. To put it differently, legal recognition of their togetherness, or just a "legal bond" or something. It doesn't count to the law, but you do have to have two witnesses and such, and sometimes in law it does matter. Or you could say, "God's Binding" or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't have my own definition of marriage. But as for the other things you mentioned:

Polygamy: No. If you're married, it should be to that one person you want to spend your life with. Not multiple people. Regardless of if all parties are ok with the situation, it can still be looked at as cheating on one another, and there's always the one person who would feel 'second best'.

Man-Boy: God no. Statutory rape. Even if both parties are consenting, it's still considered statutory because of the large age difference. Now if they were like... 18 with an older person, that wouldn't matter because they're still over the age of consent, and they're legal adults able to make that kind of choice.

A 5 year old isn't going to be able to determine romantic love from son/father love. Therefore they aren't in the position to make a choice like that.

Those are just my personal opinions. I know some places actually allow this kind of thing, but in my eyes, it's disturbing.

I JUST found out today that a a woman I know is lesbian. I think that it is brave of her to not be scared of what others think of her sexuality. She's happens to be a teacher, and her name is 'Ms. D', but she has a baby boy...so I don't know if she's exactly married to someone and everyone calls her 'Ms.' just because...or if she's not married, but still had a baby.

I don't care if Ms. D is lesbian or not. In my heart I see no difference and know that Ms. D is the same kind and caring woman that I first met. :eek:

As for gay marriages in general, I don't mind them. I mean, if you really love someone, it doesn't matter what gender, race, or color they are. All that matters is that that person loves you too, and that you enjoy being around each other. And I hate how some states ban same sex marriage...it's not fair. :D And it has no reason to be illegal...it's not like it's a crime or anything.

But the thing that annoys me the most is when people make fun of being gay, homosexual, bisexual, or a transgender. It's just not cool.

Okay one more thing to end my rambling :p I've heard that it mentions in the Bible that same sex marriage is not allowed, but some people have just gotta understand that not everyone is Christian, which is another reason that I hate the fact that it is banned in some states.

*Pant pant* there! I'm done!

Chatterbox

I'm straight, and my religion is Christianity, and I know that the Bible says that gay marriage is wrong...**BUT** I myself have not problem with the idea of gay marriage. Love is love, and if the person one loves happens to be of the same gender, that's fine. I hate it when people seem to have to idea that people who are gay\les\bi are beneath them. We're all people, and deserve to be treated the same.

I don't think it's wrong.

Straight, Bisexual, Gay, whatever. It's the relationship that counts. xx

I'm also going to a lesbian wedding on Saturday. :)

Ava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back