German Tamagotchi Connexion page

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Posts removed by Admin*

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone members able to start a proper translation of some of the useful information from the German site to English for the rest of us (or make corrections to the Google translations for posting)?

Anyone members able to start a proper translation of some of the useful information from the German site to English for the rest of us (or make corrections to the Google translations for posting)?
I'll do translations if you pick out stuff you want translated... I'm not gonna go through the whole site and see what needs translations. I haven't read the google translations yet, but I'm sure it's fine. German's not that hard to translate. But if you have parts in mind that you want translated, post them.

I haven't read the google translations yet, but I'm sure it's fine.  German's not that hard to translate.
NEVERMIND. Man, those translations are freaking funny (well, kind of... being that I speak German it's painful to read the translations, but it reads like some kind of crazy German version of engrish!). Man oh man, those translations... *cringe* Well, anyone want something translated properly? I'm sure Lozzie will help out too. :wub:

NEVERMIND. Man, those translations are freaking funny (well, kind of... being that I speak German it's painful to read the translations, but it reads like some kind of crazy German version of engrish!). Man oh man, those translations... *cringe* Well, anyone want something translated properly? I'm sure Lozzie will help out too. :wub:
:D

Not sure what everyone would feel is useful... But the sections for First Steps, Indication, Characters and Extra seemed to answer tons of questions people usually have. But that's a lot of information! Anyone have specifics they'd like to see so that it is a reasonable request for translating?

First Steps doesn't have that much on it, so I'll translate that. Here's my translation of it:

How do you take care of your Tamagotchi? (this is really "how does one take care of his Tamagotchi?" because German almost always uses "one" when speaking to an undefined person; I translated it as "you" to make more sense in English).

1. After the paper strip is pulled out, all the following must be input:

* Date and Time

* Your birthdate

2. Boy or girl?

... so it's no longer called only by its soon-to-be (I don't know how else to translate that... "werden" means "to become") mothers and fathers, but also by all tamagotchi-fans, then after [the] tamagotchi is finally hatched out of the egg, you receive either a black or a white Tamababy!- Signal (Sign?)! (I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean... o_O).

black= boy

white= girl

3. Now think of a sweet name for your offspring and give him one!

4. And now it will be definite, that [the] Tamababy definitely is hungry, would like to occupy its time (this really says "become busy"-- it's probably talking about playing) or needs medicine, must bathe or to the toilet...

With correct and careful care you will witness all lifestages: egg, baby, child, teenager, adult, parent of tamagotchi.

tamagotchi will sometimes quite nicely on trot stop (? I think that's trying to say it will stop on the screen) and will call your attention. But overall will sweeten your day! With you it will laugh and cry, crack a few little jokes, watch t.v., eat, take a bath or maybe give you a fat kiss! Sometimes, with bad care, it will also sulk or become sick, then it quickly needs your attention and help and and and...

Every tamagotchi has its own character, every development is quite different and has continuous ("immer wieder" means "always again") new surprises... it's almost like real life! ;o)

*Post removed by Admin*

As this is a bumped topic dating back to July 2004 (when the V1s were launching in Europe....) I think it is probably best to close this topic so that people don't get confused and think it is V2 or V3 information.

Best, etc.

TamaMum

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back