getting marks out of a screen without opening up a tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchitama001

Reaction score
Does anyone know anyway I can get these small white marks (must be crumbs or something) but there's these little things in my v4 screen and know way to get them out and I know if I opened it up I'd break it :eek: ;) :mametchi:

Well, if it's on the glass screen, no luck unless if you open it up to the front (Which is sort of dangerous if you drop the circuit board, disconnect the sound wires or anything unless you're really careful), you can just simply wipe it with a piece of cloth.

Its probably little white flakes from hair inside. I would open it gently to the screen. Rub them off... then close it back up.

If you feel you cannot do it, as another person to do it for you.

I've tried blowing air into them to get dust out of the inside of the front screen. Just be careful not to fog it up with hot breath since water can hurt your tama. Otherwise follow what Orandatchi said, but there is really no need to disconnect anything. Just keep your workspace clean and keep the tama close to the table surface so you don't risk dropping it. Keep a little dish next to you to put all of the little screws and the reset button in. That button like to fall out and get lost LOL. Watch a couple videos of taking apart your tama first. And whatever you do, do no stip the screws. Use the proper size screwdriver for each size and if it doesnt grab with the first rotation STOP because otherwise you will strip out the screw's head and you will not be able to get it out or tighten it ever again, unless you know how to use a dremel. Even then you will be stuck minus a screw, been there done that hahaha. Not fun.

Yeah I've tried blowing it too and it didn't work and my screws ARE stripped so there no trying to openedd..... OH MY TAMA JUST TURNED OFF AND WON'T TURN BK ON? Water damage?

It wouldn't be water damage unless you got water inside it. There is a way to get the screws out, but you'll have to know someone with a dremel. I've had my dad do this for me before. Then I had to find tiny screws about the same size to put it back together. Or you could use another tamas screws that you're not using right now.

To avoid stripping more screws, be sure to be very gently when unscrewing them. Dont apply hardly any pressure, and if it wont budge try a difference screw. Thats how I learned how to do it properly.

I've tried blowing air into them to get dust out of the inside of the front screen. Just be careful not to fog it up with hot breath since water can hurt your tama. Otherwise follow what Orandatchi said, but there is really no need to disconnect anything. Just keep your workspace clean and keep the tama close to the table surface so you don't risk dropping it. Keep a little dish next to you to put all of the little screws and the reset button in. That button like to fall out and get lost LOL. Watch a couple videos of taking apart your tama first. And whatever you do, do no stip the screws. Use the proper size screwdriver for each size and if it doesnt grab with the first rotation STOP because otherwise you will strip out the screw's head and you will not be able to get it out or tighten it ever again, unless you know how to use a dremel. Even then you will be stuck minus a screw, been there done that hahaha. Not fun.
I said just try to be careful and try not to disconnect the wires. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back