Getting my braces off

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereEaglesDare

Reaction score
Sometime next week, I'm going to get my braces taken off. Yes, I'm very excited and happy, but I'm kind of scared. How do they get them off? Will it hurt? Getting them on didn't hurt much, but still, I'm scared. Can someone tell me what to expect please?

I've never had braces hence I've never had them taken off.

You should be fine and I don't think It'll hurt. I don't know how they will take them off... Yeah, you can probably tell I'm not the most experinced person on this matter, sorry.

Good luck! I hope you're fine!

It depends on what kind of braces you have on how they take them off. :angry:

Your mouth may feel a little weird afterwards but you'll have nice straight teeth.

First of all, congrats on getting them off! :p I had braces then they took them off, then put them on again. I won't lie to you, getting your braces off may hurt; and it may feel uncomfortable and wierd. But that's just your body getting uesd to having no huge wires stuck on your teeth.

At my ortodontist, they take them off by melting the glue with a special light. Oh but first they have to take the little rubberbands off. Once the brackets are off, they take a special drilling tool. It makes a very well, "drilling" sort of noise. But it just takes off all the leftover glue on your teeth. When the vibrating drill makes contact with your teeth, it feels like it vibrates your whole head! :p

BUT, your orthodontist may have a diffrent method, I did my best to explain and it probably won't be as diffrent as your orthodontist. But just think of the joy of having no braces at the end! :lol:

//kawaii-cat

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be positive. If you tell yourself it will hurt then it might hurt. Though if you tell yourself your gonna be okay and it won't hurt the it will feel like nothing. The pain is all in your mind so be postive.

Good luck too. :]

yeah all you have to do is think about how good you`ll look when you get back to school. and your mouth will feel free again! LOL

:huh:

i am too! I have braces in my mouth, I will have them off in a year tho. But I feel all weird about it and I CAN wait for them to get taken off. The good thing is that you don't have stupid wires in your mouth anymore.

oh, btw no meaning to burst bubbles, but my mom said they put some stuff on them then rip them off with pliers. My friend had one brace taken off one of her teeth and she cried. They Just ripped it off with pliers! That made me SO SO SO scared.

BTW, Baybee-x, SHE WAS A CRY BABY ANYWAY, I'm not so scared anymore, ad I was not trying to scare them cause I have braces too.

oh, btw no meaning to burst bubbles, but my mom said they put some stuff on them then rip them off with pliers. My friend had one brace taken off one of her teeth and she cried. They Just ripped it off with pliers! That made me SO SO SO scared.
They're just trying to scare you. It's no big deal having them off, and I definately didn't cry. They do have to rip them off your teeth but it doesn't mean it hurt, I hardly remember mine and if it 'hurt so much' I would remember.

First of all, congrats on getting them off! :furawatchi: I had braces then they took them off, then put them on again. I won't lie to you, getting your braces off may hurt; and it may feel uncomfortable and wierd. But that's just your body getting uesd to having no huge wires stuck on your teeth.
At my ortodontist, they take them off by melting the glue with a special light. Oh but first they have to take the little rubberbands off. Once the brackets are off, they take a special drilling tool. It makes a very well, "drilling" sort of noise. But it just takes off all the leftover glue on your teeth. When the vibrating drill makes contact with your teeth, it feels like it vibrates your whole head! :eek:

BUT, your orthodontist may have a diffrent method, I did my best to explain and it probably won't be as diffrent as your orthodontist. But just think of the joy of having no braces at the end! :huh:

//kawaii-cat
That girl was right. It does feel a bit un-comfy... My braces still have another year to go.. :(

They're just trying to scare you. It's no big deal having them off, and I definately didn't cry. They do have to rip them off your teeth but it doesn't mean it hurt, I hardly remember mine and if it 'hurt so much' I would remember.
WHAT!? It hurts bad enough to get them tightend! :blink:

-C.M

From my friends' experience they didn't hurt them, although it did feel a bit wierd because you are used to the being there.

No biggie though.

Wow, I actually need to get braces. My 2 front teeth are turned 2 different ways. They look like 2 beaver teeth. xD

Oh It won't be bad, trust me. It's probably the same thing as putting the braces in, nothing to worry about. :nazotchi:

WHAT!? It hurts bad enough to get them tightend! :mellow:  

-C.M
Mine never hurt after having them tightened, except for a little while so I didn't eat for that little while.

And after having them off I thought it felt great..Being able to feel my teeth again :huh: .

Now I have wires in the inside where people cannot see (top&bottom), just to keep them straight.

im having train track brases put on when im in grade 7 what do they look like

Braces accually look really cool, I didn't want them at first but when I got them I'm like "Wow these things look pretty spiffy." Also, all my friends are like "I WANT BRACES NOW!"

My teeth aren't even bad, I don't know why I needed them in the first place. Anyways, I can't wait to get them off and it will probably be like getting them on, because that didn't hurt either.

I found this answer on "yahoo answers"

they first took off the wire, and then they took these thick plyers and ripped them off. it did not hurt.. trust me!! :]

they cleaned off the glue that had them attached

your mouth will not be sore, but you will think that our teeth are huge.. :]

you might not want to eat chewy stuff right after but you certainly could..

and by the way it doesnt hurt at all!!!!! :]

and a picture of train-track braces for jaida007: Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back