Getting tape off skin

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitestorm

Reaction score
**UPDATE - I finally got it off using olive oil. That tape is horrible )':

I recently had a minor surgery, and the nurses covered it with gauze and taped it on using this pink kind of tape that is VERY sticky. I am trying to get it off now but it is pulling the hairs on my side as well as the skin, and it hurts to much to continue trying to pull it off. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting the tape off without it pulling? Please do not suggest that I rip it off quickly, I am not doing that >.>

~Whitestorm

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh. MythBusters have found pouring vodka over it makes it easier to remove. Try rubbing it with something oily, leaving it to sit for about 5 minute and it should loosen its grip.

I'm not quite sure that will work, the tape has a kind of plastic texture to it and it might be waterproof o_e

I was able to peel up one corner a bit, I could try rubbing olive oil under it. But first I'll try water

As a spaz who sometimes sticks Sellotape on my arms for no apparent reason, I am with you that it is painful. Just try peeling it off slowly but putting something greasy like oil or butter on it each time. It should help. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back