-GIRLS- Size and weight

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsumo-nana

Reaction score
Hello!!

That's not something we ask oftently, but how much do you weight/mesure?

I never have the courage to ask other girls and I'm just wondering what's ''normal'' and ''what's not'', ya see... :mellow:

Thankyuu :lol:

I'm really short and fairly skinny/muscular.

4'11" and 90-100 lb depending on the day. Sometimes I feel fat though, but then I go work out at the gym and feel a lot better in many ways.

Glad there's a thread up like this again.

Edit: oh yeah age 15

Last edited by a moderator:
5'2" and 130-135.. depending on the day :D . I'm 22.

Idk, I feel as long as you are healthy and appreciate your body- you are normal.

I just wanted to add my two cents here...

I think as humans, we need to keep in mind that we come in all shapes and sizes. These factors are influenced by genetics!

As Kait as said, I think as long as you appreciate your body and feel healthy, that should be good enough. Of course there are things like "averages" that exist, but at times averages can tell us nothing. Additionally they can be wildly affected by outliers and other cases.

I bet you all look good, and are fine just the way you are. :)

I'm 26 years old and according to my driver's license I'm 5'5" and weigh 137 pounds. This is from '09 though and I know I've gained a lot of weight since then. I think I'm more like 170 now, so I'm a bit overweight.

And I just noticed my license expired last week. Oh, snap! :eek:

It depends. What's your perception of "normal"? :D

It's already been said - people are all different shapes and sizes, different ethnicity and different genetics play a big part - so even if you look at all the replies in this topic there will be some from ppl who come from parts of the world where the norm is totally different to yours.

If you worry about your own weight and height, I would check out the guidelines for a "healthy" weight for your height.

You can use things like the BMI (Body Mass Index) Healthy Weight Calculators - but make sure you are using one that is right for your age as well as height and weight (BMI charts are accurate for adults but not for under 18s - because they have not yet finished growing and the amount of body fat you have will change as you grow).

Here are a couple of links that might be useful:

https://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Assess-Yourself/Assess-Your-BMI/BMI-Children.aspx

https://www.dietitians.ca/Your-Health/Assess-Yourself/Assess-Your-BMI/BMI-Adult.aspx

but there are lots of others you can find by searching online.

I'm 5ft 9ins and around 145-150lbs - my BMI is 21.5 which is a "Healthy Weight". I usually need to make sure that I keep in this range with enough exercise and healthy food (to balance out the sweet stuff I like - chocolate, cakes, biscuits, etc.) :p

Darn it.. I suddenly want to eat some chocolate now.... :angry:

I'm 102 pounds for 170cm (last time I checked hight was a few months ago tho... at 14 do we even keep growing? o.o)

I saw this reportage about anorexic girls last night. Why is weight so important in our society? Why can't people let others look like what they want without constant judgments..?

Being skinny or not is not what makes them pretty... Both a skinny and a fat girl can be pretty. And it's not like guys are not pressured to get fit either.

Anyway, I'm 164cm and my weight is 74kg.

... Sheesh why is weight so important in our society? Why can't people let us look like what we want without constant judgments...
For me, it's important to be a healthy weight. I don't care if ppl think I am chubby or not - I just care about the downsides of being overweight - heart disease, high blood pressure and osteoarthritis - all these things are genetic traits in my family tree.

Maybe there are other reasons your family wanted you to lose some weight too - it might not be all about your looks?

I'm like 70-80 pounds, 13 yrs so pretty skinny for my age. Weird, though, I eat like a pig XD. I'm also 5'1 last time I checked.

I'm 5'4", 100 pounds. I'm seventeen.

And I'm underweight. Y'all have no idea how hard it is to gain weight. Unless like, you do know how hard it is. 'Cause then you obviously know.

Swaaag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back