Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]I get mine but I have no idea when I will.My periods tend to have their own schedule so I can't keep track.Sometimes I'll have it every three months other times it'll be every month.At least it only lasts three days (but that's about the only thing predictable about my periods. >< ).[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
i started mine and i really honesly dont mind it, it gets on my nerves. i think that it is easier 2 wear just a pad cause when a tampon starts leaking it leaks alot more than it would if u didnt even have 1 in

i started mine and i really honesly dont mind it, it gets on my nerves. i think that it is easier 2 wear just a pad cause when a tampon starts leaking it leaks alot more than it would if u didnt even have 1 in
[SIZE=14pt]*shivers* I hate tampons.They creep me out. >< I prefer pads.they're better I think. :3 (overnights specifically are the comfiest in the world. >w< )[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]*shivers* I hate tampons.They creep me out. >< I prefer pads.they're better I think. :3 (overnights specifically are the comfiest in the world. >w< )[/SIZE]
I tried to use tampons when we were staying at a hotel with a pool, but it was like, I couldn't get the cotton thingy to like, come out, well it's hard to explain.

I ended up not using one, and I have the rest hidden in my room, mom would get mad if she found out.

It didn't hurt, but man I was so nervous.

[SIZE=14pt]I know how annoying that can be Lynn. xD At least no one noticed. :3 I usually start when I'm asleep so I've yet to have that problem (plus I wear pads regardless of wether or not I'm bleeding just in case. xD )[/SIZE]

Augh. I have my period now, and I hate it with a vengence.

Contrary to many belief, I was reading an article in the Women's Health magazine and I found an interesting topic on tampons and pads, and which were better for the body..."Whereas a tampon may be more comfortable and more feminine than a satintary pad, they actually can cause a buildup of matter at the top of the vagina, which if used periodically, could possibly be a cause of cervical cancer later in life..." -Susan B. Logan

^ That is typical belief that tampons are more popular, but *feel free to disagree* I think that pads are better for the body, because like when I tried sleeping with a tampon in, I could actually FEEL it expanding and that was really gross...I just buy the extra long pads for sleeping...and SO WHAT if you leak a little on your undies? I mean, who is really gonna care if you have a pair of black panties with spots on them. I mean, seriously...unless your married, it might be a little embarrassing, but your mom honestly probably won't care about having spotty underpants...

Just an opinion from the very opinionated Ice.

*Icy

Augh. I have my period now, and I hate it with a vengence. Contrary to many belief, I was reading an article in the Women's Health magazine and I found an interesting topic on tampons and pads, and which were better for the body..."Whereas a tampon may be more comfortable and more feminine than a satintary pad, they actually can cause a buildup of matter at the top of the vagina, which if used periodically, could possibly be a cause of cervical cancer later in life..." -Susan B. Logan

^ That is typical belief that tampons are more popular, but *feel free to disagree* I think that pads are better for the body, because like when I tried sleeping with a tampon in, I could actually FEEL it expanding and that was really gross...I just buy the extra long pads for sleeping...and SO WHAT if you leak a little on your undies? I mean, who is really gonna care if you have a pair of black panties with spots on them. I mean, seriously...unless your married, it might be a little embarrassing, but your mom honestly probably won't care about having spotty underpants...

*Icy
Well anyways, no one is even gonna see your underwear except your mom when she washes them, and if they're that badley stained you can just buy more.

But... Some women can't stand the feel of pads, but me I don't mind. And some people are athletic swimmers, so it might be hard to take a competition off due to the time of the month.

And I agree also, pads seem a little more healthier, it just doesn't seem healthy to put something cotton in there and leave it in for 5 hours, it just doesn't seem.. Natural? I don't know, but you get what I mean.

Augh. I have my period now, and I hate it with a vengence. Contrary to many belief, I was reading an article in the Women's Health magazine and I found an interesting topic on tampons and pads, and which were better for the body..."Whereas a tampon may be more comfortable and more feminine than a satintary pad, they actually can cause a buildup of matter at the top of the vagina, which if used periodically, could possibly be a cause of cervical cancer later in life..." -Susan B. Logan

*Icy
I see. And this was in Women's magazine? Well that's all good and such...but what were THEIR sources? I can't and won't believe everything I read unless it's said in numerous books, magazines and other forms of media.

Honestly that build up they speak of sounds rare. I've been using tampons since I was 13ish and they helped me in the long run.

Well anyways, no one is even gonna see your underwear except your mom when she washes them, and if they're that badley stained you can just buy more.
But... Some women can't stand the feel of pads, but me I don't mind. And some people are athletic swimmers, so it might be hard to take a competition off due to the time of the month.

And I agree also, pads seem a little more healthier, it just doesn't seem healthy to put something cotton in there and leave it in for 5 hours, it just doesn't seem.. Natural? I don't know, but you get what I mean.
Yeah, the only reason I ever wear tampons is because I'm on a swim team. And that's usually really annoying because I can feel it when I put it in. It just feels like it's not all the way in, when it is. So during practice all I worry about is it falling out.

I like pads better, after a while you don't even notice you're wearing one.

Yeah, the only reason I ever wear tampons is because I'm on a swim team. And that's usually really annoying because I can feel it when I put it in. It just feels like it's not all the way in, when it is. So during practice all I worry about is it falling out.
I like pads better, after a while you don't even notice you're wearing one.
[SIZE=14pt]Yeah they feel more natural to the body.Except when they shift around because the adhesive has lost it's stickyness to the underwear.Then they're a bit annoying. xD[/SIZE]

Umm..

Well.........

We had our sex ed video last week and it covered the puberty changes from 8 years old to 15 years old..

I'm about as developed as a seven year old :(

Is this normal?

I HATE pads... I simply cant stand them... In my opinion, it feels like I am wearing a nappy. :(

I like Tampons better because I can't feel them at all. I wear pads when I go to sleep though.

Umm..
Well.........

We had our sex ed video last week and it covered the puberty changes from 8 years old to 15 years old..

I'm about as developed as a seven year old :(

Is this normal?
Don't worry about the fact that you're not exactly the same as the Sex Ed video describes...

It's a vid made to educate people about the changes they will experience as they go through puberty... and since everyone is different and people start puberty at slightly different ages the chances are that you are not going to be starting puberty at exactly 8yrs old until 15yrs old...

Ask yourself this... are you the only person in your year / grade that is as developed as a seven yr old? (I'm guessing probably not)

If every single one of the others are more developed than you, are they all at exactly the same stage? (I'm guessing probably not)

so there's no real "normal" about it... just a general range of ages and stages of development...

Yeah, I know this is off subject, but I'm a bit concerned: Warning: Long Story

Mmmk, here I go..

Well, I've had my period now since June, and all is well.

But lately (past 3 months) I've noticed that my breasts haven't grown an inch! Right now I have A-34. I remember at the beginning when I first got my period, they were growing at the normal rate. But lately, there's an AWFUL pain whenever anything touches them. And this is really weird...kind of gross in a way, but weird:

I was taking a shower one day and I was washing soap off my chest, and it was so odd..it seemed as though there was a clear-streaked with blood liquid coming out of my nipple. I noticed right away becuase it felt almost sticky, and it had an entirely different consistency than water.

I haven't been to the doctor in YEARS, last time I was there was when I was 4. I'm planning on going, but I don't like the idea of having to take your pants off and letting them look "down there".

Please give me some condolences, or just tell me if I'm diseased and going to die. [sarcasism]

Yeah, I know this is off subject, but I'm a bit concerned: Warning: Long Story

Mmmk, here I go..

Well, I've had my period now since June, and all is well.

But lately (past 3 months) I've noticed that my breasts haven't grown an inch! Right now I have A-34. I remember at the beginning when I first got my period, they were growing at the normal rate. But lately, there's an AWFUL pain whenever anything touches them. And this is really weird...kind of gross in a way, but weird:

I was taking a shower one day and I was washing soap off my chest, and it was so odd..it seemed as though there was a clear-streaked with blood liquid coming out of my nipple. I noticed right away becuase it felt almost sticky, and it had an entirely different consistency than water.

I haven't been to the doctor in YEARS, last time I was there was when I was 4. I'm planning on going, but I don't like the idea of having to take your pants off and letting them look "down there".

Please give me some condolences, or just tell me if I'm diseased and going to die. [sarcasism]
Well first off I'd like to let you know breast development from my experiences varies on person to person. You sound a lot like me where I was stuck at a certain size for a really long time and then out of nowhere I realize I'm a cup bigger! That's how puberty is at times, sometimes it's more spread out the developments, and other times its like growth spurts, no worries there.

Second as for the nipple stuff, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sounds like your body was just producing a little discharge from your nipple. I'd be more concerned if the discharge was a puss like colour, or if your breast is very painful or tender to touch. I've heard of some girls experiencing what you had at least once so unless it hurts, smells odd or looks an off colour, you should be fine :D

Don't worry about the fact that you're not exactly the same as the Sex Ed video describes...
It's a vid made to educate people about the changes they will experience as they go through puberty... and since everyone is different and people start puberty at slightly different ages the chances are that you are not going to be starting puberty at exactly 8yrs old until 15yrs old...

Ask yourself this... are you the only person in your year / grade that is as developed as a seven yr old? (I'm guessing probably not)

If every single one of the others are more developed than you, are they all at exactly the same stage? (I'm guessing probably not)

so there's no real "normal" about it... just a general range of ages and stages of development...
Thanks, that is reassuring

But I am 12 -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back