Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Yeaaah, I read about the hymen and all that already. This is super awkward. xD

BEING A GIRL IS CONFUSING AND STUFF.. AND STUFF, SO I'LL JUST STICK TO PADS.

...I don't get you people. I never thought there was anything hard about finding my uhh.. hole XDD Okay, this IS awkward.

Anyway, I'm still bleeding a bit D: This was supposed to be a short period!! There goes regularity -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think it hurt just because it was, er, a bit dryer in there? Since I said my period was slowing down...
I was doing some research online, and half of the people say not to use tampons until you've lost your virginity. The other half said it's fine to use them whenever; just be careful.

It seems a bit confusing to me, so I figured I'd just stick with pads. D;
1. Yes, it hurts to remove a dry tampon (not recommended). Even if your period is getting lighter, it would not have mattered if you had left it in position for up to 8hrs (no more). It would have absorbed more of your flow and been less painful to remove ;)

2. Don't use tampons until you've lost your virginity?

+[brutal]+ (Clara) is right. I think this myth dates back quite a few years - like 30 years - when people believed that a tampon would break the hymen and thus you would not be a "virgin" anymore ... shock, horror!

Tampons don't usually "break" the hymen. Nowadays with the amount of physical exercise that most girls do, by the time they start to menstruate their hymens are already perforated - and the tampon can be inserted without them being the cause of breaking a hymen.

The thing you should take care over is how many hours you have a tampon inserted. To avoid Toxic Shock Syndrome the max recommended hours is 8 - per tampon.

There is no problem with using one tampon for 8 hrs, then removing it and inserting another straight away for another 8 hrs (or less if your flow is heavier...)

...I don't get you people. I never thought there was anything hard about finding my uhh.. hole XDD Okay, this IS awkward.

Anyway, I'm still bleeding a bit D: This was supposed to be a short period!! There goes regularity -.-
ahaa, finding one's hole must be different for everyone. :)

Like, I never really payed attention to the fact that I even had one till a few months ago.

And all of a sudden, BAM ! The moment of realization. :p

Anywaaay, my mom's started menopause. Lucky bum. :0

1. Yes, it hurts to remove a dry tampon (not recommended). Even if your period is getting lighter, it would not have mattered if you had left it in position for up to 8hrs (no more). It would have absorbed more of your flow and been less painful to remove :D
2. Don't use tampons until you've lost your virginity?

+[brutal]+ (Clara) is right. I think this myth dates back quite a few years - like 30 years - when people believed that a tampon would break the hymen and thus you would not be a "virgin" anymore ... shock, horror!

Tampons don't usually "break" the hymen. Nowadays with the amount of physical exercise that most girls do, by the time they start to menstruate their hymens are already perforated - and the tampon can be inserted without them being the cause of breaking a hymen.

The thing you should take care over is how many hours you have a tampon inserted. To avoid Toxic Shock Syndrome the max recommended hours is 8 - per tampon.

There is no problem with using one tampon for 8 hrs, then removing it and inserting another straight away for another 8 hrs (or less if your flow is heavier...)
Ah. Thanks so much, TM. The dry tampon thing makes a lot of sense.

Well, my period's done now, so maybe I'll give it another shot on my next period~

CAN I SHARE A STORY? OMG, OKAY. I hate this subject, but could use a little help. ><
So. I tried a tampon a few days ago. It didn't work, and I think it was because it was too big, since it was my mom's. The following day, we went to CVS and I got smaller, or 'lite' tampons. I tried those. I got it in, and I felt pretty successful. I realized that my period wasn't as heavy as it'd been, so I took it back out. And it. hurt. like. shdlhslh. Do you think it hurt just because it was, er, a bit dryer in there? Since I said my period was slowing down...

I was doing some research online, and half of the people say not to use tampons until you've lost your virginity. The other half said it's fine to use them whenever; just be careful.

It seems a bit confusing to me, so I figured I'd just stick with pads. D;
I had the same problem as you. It is very painful when that happens. xP And since then I never really wore tampons, they're just not worth it. I have successfully worn a tampon once or twice, but that was over a year ago now, and when i was planning to again, i chickened out because it wasn't a fun experience the first time. I'm probably gonna always stick to wearing pads.

... but that was over a year ago now, and when i was planning to again, i chickened out because it wasn't a fun experience the first time.  I'm probably gonna always stick to wearing pads.
If it wasn't a fun experience perhaps you did not have the tampon inserted correctly? (Usually you can still "feel" them if they're not inserted far enough) :)

It is difficult to learn how to use a tampon at first and if you are happy with pads then there's no real reason to change. Some girls find it really liberating being able to wear tampons and go out and about - to the shops, to lessons (esp. phys. ed classes) wearing a tampon instead of a pad - others don't find it a bother to wear pads at all.

I think at the end of the day you just need to find what works best for you remembering that different situations sometimes might mean that it is worth trying the tampons for a while longer - so at least you have them as an option if you feel they'd be better for a certain situation (like attending a homecoming dance for example) :p

If it wasn't a fun experience perhaps you did not have the tampon inserted correctly? (Usually you can still "feel" them if they're not inserted far enough) :)
It is difficult to learn how to use a tampon at first and if you are happy with pads then there's no real reason to change. Some girls find it really liberating being able to wear tampons and go out and about - to the shops, to lessons (esp. phys. ed classes) wearing a tampon instead of a pad - others don't find it a bother to wear pads at all.

I think at the end of the day you just need to find what works best for you remembering that different situations sometimes might mean that it is worth trying the tampons for a while longer - so at least you have them as an option if you feel they'd be better for a certain situation (like attending a homecoming dance for example) :)
well yeah, the first time i screwed up, but the second time i got it perfectly, it's just that even then the thought of it made me kinda sick. xP And i find it gross and overcomplicated to change them, so i kinda gave up. I had such a feeling of accomplishment after successfully wearing a tampon the first time, but now i realize it was more like ' thank god that's over '.

At this point, i don't even mind wearing pads, i've just gotten used to it. The only time it sucks is in the summer and i can't swim. ;-; But still, i just don't like tampons in general, so i don't think i'm ever really gonna use them.

I haven't had it yet and I'm turning 15 on dec. 5th,,, it's kind of embarrassing since like every girl in my school has it,,and i don't exatly knowwhat's going on and how they're feeling,,, but it's because i have something called thyroid disease,i don't understand it, but I'm taking medicine for it,, my nails are growing and that's a good sign, because they used to be all fragile and chipped. I'm dreading the day when it will happen randomly at school or something. I don't want to be like my friend who had when she was sitting in a chair at school, and blood got on the chair.

^

ah, that's tough. :(

Don't be unprepared, though ! You don't wanna leak like your friend ( and I D: ) did.

Sneak in a pad somewhere- put it in a small grocery bag and hide it in a book or something so that it won't stand out.

Then, when the time comes.. voila ! No one can say anything. :]

Yes. I hate it when I wake up in the morning, and I have it, and I'm all "dfhkgvjdfigvNO D:< "

Luckily, I rarely get cramps. And I mean RARELY. Like, once every two years or such :D

I haven't had it yet and I'm turning 15 on dec. 5th,,, it's kind of embarrassing since like every girl in my school has it,,and i don't exatly knowwhat's going on and how they're feeling,,, but it's because i have something called thyroid disease,i don't understand it, but I'm taking medicine for it,, my nails are growing and that's a good sign, because they used to be all fragile and chipped. I'm dreading the day when it will happen randomly at school or something. I don't want to be like my friend who had when she was sitting in a chair at school, and blood got on the chair.
You are sooo lucky. Once you get it, there's no going back, and it sucks. If you get cramps they hurt like hell, and it's just gross and annoying to have to deal with the blood all day. Enjoy this while it lasts! And be prepared, because you don't wanna get it and have nothing to use if you're at school or something.

OKAY.

So mine came a week early. JUST in time for a huge two day party/sleepover I have every year. I am such an unhappy child. D:

Eh, I just finished my period. And decided to contribute to the topic.

With tampons, the largest I can use is a regular flow one. I find that after it...expands, it really hurts taking it out. I only wear tampons when I absolutely need to, otherwise, I'd wear pads (for lounging around the house and such) My period only lasts for about 3 or 4 days (with terrible cramps the first 2), and then I have this brownish stuff on and off for about a week.. It's weird. I hate it because when I think i'm done, I'm really not.

It's always been a week late, for about 2 years now. Periods annoy meee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back