Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. When you all are trying out tampons, how the heck do you do it? xD Like, when you're on your period it's gotta be... messy. Do you do it in the tub or something?
XD
Yes it is messy, and your hands will get bloody when you use a tampon.

To Use a Tampon:

When you purchase your first box of tampons, it'll have an "instruction booklet" with diagrams. Read the instructions carefully and review the diagrams.

Once you're ready to insert the tampon the most important key to remember is to relax. It's not painful to insert a tampon, but if you're tense it could make the process a little uncomfortable. Before inserting the tampon, wash your hands with soap and water. There are a few different positions you can use to insert the tampon. Two such positions are either placing one foot on top of the toilet or squatting over the toilet; again you'll have to figure out which technique is best for you. Holding the center of the tampon between your thumb and ring finger and using your index and middle finger to hold the string in place, gently insert the tampon into your vagina. If you feel pain or discomfort, slow down and relax. It may take a while your first time. Once you've inserted the tampon and the center (the part you're holding on to) is at the entrance of your vagina, using your other hand, gently start pushing the exposed end of the tampon. This releases the actual tampon into your body. You know it's fully inserted when the end of the part you're pushing meets the center part you were originally holding. If you feel pain or discomfort, then it is probably inserted incorrectly. The tampon should glide in without any discomfort.

^Ugh. There you go. You disgusted me. xD

When I get mine, it's just blood. I used to get all this pain, but I never did this time. And it's nearly over.

I'm lucky. I don't hurt anymore. Why, I want to know...?

Mine isn't messy. It's also almost over. 2 days long. Amazingly not amazing.

I 'blot' the area to avoid too much mess when inserting the tampon. Mines light so I don't get blood all over me. Only on the tip of my finger. But let's not put a picture in your head.

Mine's pretty heavy the first two days, then it's light for the next three to five.

I don't really get blood on my when I insert a tampon. I wipe really well down there before I insert it too, so nothing drips and I don't get messy. XD

I usually use a mirror when I insert a tampon as well.

I'm sorry, I can't help you. I haven't had my period yet. There is only one girl in my clique who has them, and that is an uncomfortable subject to her. ( she's one of my besties, but that is just something I won't ask her.)

I got some light tampons with a plastic applicator yesterday. Hopefully it will work better than my cardboard attempts.

I think it will. It seems smaller.

Is it okay to use a light tampon on a heavy day, just to "try" the tampon usage? O:

I have a question.......

When you get your period and you want to go shower and you don't use a tampon. what do you do? Do you just let the blood run down your legs while you shower or do you just not shower till your period is over?

It depends if it would be scary to you or not. If you're uncomfortable with walking around with something going on like periods, you may be scared. But truthfully, its nothing to be scared of. It shows you that you're mature and a woman. Before I go too health-teachery, remember its a gift. Even though cramps can get the best of you, its an amazing thing, truthfully. Just be careful though.

I have a question.......
When you get your period and you want to go shower and you don't use a tampon. what do you do? Do you just let the blood run down your legs while you shower or do you just not shower till your period is over?
You can still shower. =] Like me and Diva discussed, it's not like blood is always flowing out. I wipe really good, get in the shower, and come back out and wipe again and I'm fine.

I have some ways to tell if you're going to get your period so you won't ruin clothes:

1. You're more angry at things or stressed.

2. You feel pains on your back and lower abdomen.

3. You're ahem, "girls" are more tender.

4. You are at wits with your parents battling over privacy.

5. You feel like nobody understands you.

Hope this helps so you won't get your period in math while wearing a yellow dress... hehe

I have a question.......
Honestly, blood has never come out while I was taking a shower.

O:

Or in the pool actually. I'm good. 8D

I have a question.......
The blood never drips when I shower, no matter how heavy my period is(and that includes the days when mine were really heavy)

Mine's pretty heavy the first two days, then it's light for the next three to five.
I don't really get blood on my when I insert a tampon. I wipe really well down there before I insert it too, so nothing drips and I don't get messy. XD

I usually use a mirror when I insert a tampon as well.
I only used the mirror once!

Now it's second nature.

Mines over. Was fun while it lasted [NOT]

I'm due for mine any time now.

I'm just so incredibly thankful that it didn't come while I had cross country. I'd hate to be running with an uncomfortable pad in my underwear, as I still haven't tried tampons.

And lets hope it doesn't come tonight or tomorrow morning. Cuz I have netball!

[Maaan, I'm getting too active now].

I have a question.......
The first time I had my period it was super heavy and it didn't stop while I was in the shower. I was nervous about it, but it wasn't a big deal. It didn't drip down my legs or anything... the blood just kind of plopped out and got whooshed down the drain. There surprisingly wasn't any mess.

Now that my period isn't as heavy, I don't have that problem.

And Katie, yes, just wear a pad in your underwear as well incase it leaks. ;3

I have a question.......
Well--you're not bleeding twenty four seven.

Out of my year and a half of having my period, only one drop has come out while showering. If it happens, don't worry about it--just clean it off with water and soap. :)

My period is five days late.

I'm not really worried, but I will be if it doesn't come by this Sunday.

Well--you're not bleeding twenty four seven.Out of my year and a half of having my period, only one drop has come out while showering. If it happens, don't worry about it--just clean it off with water and soap. :)
I've never 'leaked' in the shower but I've got it on the bath mat. And all our bath mats are white. Uhggg.

The first day I got it, it was so terrible heavy, I was almost leaking while walking around with a pad, underwear and pants on.

When I first saw I had it, I hopped straight into the shower and it was leaking quite heavily. Though it turned out fine when I got hold of a pad or two and yeah. So it's not really THAT bad if you leak, but if you have white bathmats like Michelle, than watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back