Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This girl in my class is so immature about periods. She bought a Seventeen magazine just because the Jonas Brothers were on it, and I was looking at her while she was flipping through it, and when she stopped at a page with an advertisment for Always pads, she lifted it up so noone can see it. -.-

My mom got it when she was 12. She said I might get it after I turn 13 cause I'm small. She also told me when she used to walk home from school when she was having it, she would become naicous (sp?) and/or vomit because of the stench of chesnut venders on her block.

I got the tampon in.. :D

But I felt like I was going to pass out :I I don't know If It was just the worry or my "first time" or TSS. I shouldn't have read about TSS the night before -_- It probably got me paranoid about it. I took it out right after that.

I got the tampon in.. :huh:
But I felt like I was going to pass out :I I don't know If It was just the worry or my "first time" or TSS. I shouldn't have read about TSS the night before :huh: It probably got me paranoid about it. I took it out right after that.
Congratulations Katie! :D

You were probably just paranoid. Chances are you won't get TSS -- It's extremely rare. Just make sure you take your tampon out before eight hours of wear and you should be good. ;3

A lot of tampons are advertising eight hours now, like, overnight ones and stuff.

I've had one in for seven hours before, without a problem :)

^ I read some facts online.

I was thinking TSS was caused by the Vagina drying out (Like how mine was when I put the tampon in) But I suppose it's actually not. It's if you leave it in too LONG, and bacteria grows. Probably the dry feeling got me paranoid and caused everything. I only had it in for like two minutes because I got worried.. xD I probably got the entire concept because on the little tampon instructions it said more absorbent, (so it would be drier...) The higher the risk of TSS.

I'll try tomorrow I suppose. XD

Dude I totally remember this topic when it was brand new. Weird.

But, yeah I got my period in sixth grade when I was twelve. It sucked because I've always had trouble growing up and I was already having a really bad year... and then my uterus starts bleeding. Woohoo.

And I'm also too much of a wuss to use tampons. I'd need someone else to put it in for me, which would just be... awkward. To say the least. :huh:

One time I went on a school trip to Disney World when I was on my period, so I packed this huge bag full of pads, but then I FORGOT THE BAG at home. My friend only used tampons, so I had to steal some pads from some other girl who was rooming with us.

The image of me having to resort to filching some chick's sanitary napkins continues to crack me up. xD She never found out, either...

Mine is uber late. Like, a month late.I want it now to get it over with.
Dang, Michelle. You STILL haven't gotten it? Not that I'm like... stalking you. xDD

I HATE it when it's late. Because, like I've said, you're just... waiting. And you know it's going to come at the worst time. Dx

I got mine early this month. It's supposed to come at the end of the month.

hmm..would someone answer this for me? im 15, and i had my period when i was about 10/11. i was told after about 2 or 3 years, it should be regular. well, i missed it in june, and i normally got it around the end of the month (20) and now it's starting at the beginning. (6) is that..like right? is something wrong?

my sis has but she doesn't know that yet and she is in 4th grade and I had too i already explain in a post or didn't but idk

hmm..would someone answer this for me? im 15, and i had my period when i was about 10/11. i was told after about 2 or 3 years, it should be regular. well, i missed it in june, and i normally got it around the end of the month (20) and now it's starting at the beginning. (6) is that..like right? is something wrong?
For most women periods start to become regular after 2 or 3 years - but that's not a rule and there are always exceptions. For some women periods start to become regular within a year. Some women have irregular periods for years and years and years (I have a friend who has never had a regular 28 day cycle and she is in her 30s now).

It doesn't mean anything is "wrong".

Sometimes, periods become pretty regular for several months, then skip and become irregular for a few months before settling down into a regular cycle again.

Everyone's different. Just because your body is not following "the average norm." it doesn't mean something's wrong ;)

I heard:

That if you live with someone else who has had their period (Sister, mother) And you have completely different period times, eventually, Well, I don't know the exact term, but I do know they start coming at the same time. It's a girl thing. That may be why some of you guys' periods are later than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard:
That if you live with someone else who has had their period (Sister, mother) And you have completely different period times, eventually, Well, I don't know the exact term, but I do know they start coming at the same time. It's a girl thing. That may be why some of you guys' periods are later than usual.
Yeah, my mom and I have ours at the same time a lot of times. ;) I never really thought about it before though...!

Love,

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back