Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*edited - incorrect information - sorry*
Okay, okay, sorry. dont wanna start a flame war.

Cant you just edit your posties? that's what I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure you dont realease a ton of eggs when you have your period.  It's just two or three eggs along with the lining in your uteris (misspelled?) I cant argue until Bell Sprout comes...
And another thing, you dont have your period EVERY day. Your body cant create the lining and release it that quickly.

Hey Tooky, I know you are trying to be helpful, but instead of posting 100 zillion posts, you could just put all you have to say in one or two posts.
That's more or less correct. One egg is released each month, and the Uterus increases the amount of blood flow in the lining to get ready for it in case it is fertilised.

If the egg is not fertilised, then it passes out of your body along with the part of the lining of the uterus that got ready to receive a fertilised egg.

Periods normally happen once a month and you bleed for between 3-6 days - everyone is different, so don't worry if you bleed less or more days than that.

tooky - please check your facts before you post answers in this topic - some of the things you said were completely untrue.

You may well have experienced bad cramps - but it is not fair to say that EVERYBODY does.

Best, etc.

TamaMum

Now it's getting worse, the right lip itches like crazy and so does the left. The left is worse because when it is not itchy, it hurts really bad!
If the problem is worsening then you need to get it checked out. There are a range of problems that can occur and some can be quite detrimental to your reproductive health in the long term. It might be something simple like an allergy to the detergent in your clothes or it might be some kind of infection which will need to be treated.

That's more or less correct. One egg is released each month, and the Uterus increases the amount of blood flow in the lining to get ready for it in case it is fertilised.If the egg is not fertilised, then it passes out of your body along with the part of the lining of the uterus that got ready to receive a fertilised egg.

Periods normally happen once a month and you bleed for between 3-6 days - everyone is different, so don't worry if you bleed less or more days than that.

tooky - please check your facts before you post answers in this topic - some of the things you said were completely untrue.

You may well have experienced bad cramps - but it is not fair to say that EVERYBODY does.

Best, etc.

TamaMum
is it always one egg? but what about twins? is'nt it 2 eggs somtimes?

is it always one egg? but what about twins? is'nt it 2 eggs somtimes?
The depends upon whether they are identical or whether they are fraternal (twins that are born at the same time but look different). Identical twins occur when the fused foetus splits in two very very early and so they grow up as two seperate beings. Fraternal twins occur when more than one egg gets fertilized. This does not happen very often. Occasionally both ovaries will release an egg at the same time and if they both get fertilized then you will have fraternal twins who are born at the same but are different because they come from different eggs. Think about the number of twins that you know and then you will realise how rare this is.

When everything is functioning normally it should only be one egg.

The only other time when multiple eggs are released is for IV fertilisation where the body is stimulated to produce lots of eggs at the one time.

The depends upon whether they are identical or whether they are fraternal (twins that are born at the same time but look different). Identical twins occur when the fused foetus splits in two very very early and so they grow up as two seperate beings. Fraternal twins occur when more than one egg gets fertilized. This does not happen very often. Occasionally both ovaries will release an egg at the same time and if they both get fertilized then you will have fraternal twins who are born at the same but are different because they come from different eggs. Think about the number of twins that you know and then you will realise how rare this is.
When everything is functioning normally it should only be one egg.

The only other time when multiple eggs are released is for IV fertilisation where the body is stimulated to produce lots of eggs at the one time.
ohh ok because i have a identical twin sister.

That's more or less correct. One egg is released each month, and the Uterus increases the amount of blood flow in the lining to get ready for it in case it is fertilised.If the egg is not fertilised, then it passes out of your body along with the part of the lining of the uterus that got ready to receive a fertilised egg.

Best, etc.

TamaMum
Hey! Now we have to helpful guides instead of one!! :blink: :wacko:

Well I had my first period last month and here is my advice:

1. Don't panic! Tell a trusted adult (Preferably female). (If she's not their tell your mum ASAP!!! (As soon as possible))

2. Get your mum to buy you some pads. Try different brands. You are not likely to be perfect on your first guess.

3. Get prepared. Maybe keep a journal of when you have your periods and whether they're heavy or light.

4. Don't be afraid to aks for advice or help if cramping is often and bad.

5. Don't let friends pressure you into trying tampons. It's OK to say no. Try a tampon when you're ready.

If your still scared and don't want to ask your mum, or prefer to be anonymus you can call your countries kids-help line and they're many websites out their to help you.

Sorry if I may be bumping up this topic. (Hope not!)

I feel like I shouldn't take this so persinoly but the night before last, my step dad said like I can be hard to love or I am hard to love. I was put to bed at like 11:40 but couldn't get to sleep untill 12:35 because I couldn't stop thinking maybe I am hard to love. It bothered me a lot. He said he didn't mean it but in some way, I don't belive that. I know, I shouldn't make a big deal about it but I can't get it off my mind and this topic and writing it down helps a lot. Well, I guess I just needed to write it down or something. But lately my parents have been saying I have an attitude when I think I don't! And my step dad gets on my nerves so easy, I feel like I want to explode!!!! Anyone else have a step dad that get on they're nerves?! Ok, I feel better now. lol

well. srry about my info.

but heres CORRECT info: my mom last night said that your period is just your body getting ready to have and baby and an egg comes down (when you get pregnate)and sticks to a wall then it waits for u to know have the baby and ACUALLY and get pregnate

then it waits and waits and your body finally realises "NO! its not gonna happen NOW"thenyou lets blood and the egg out. (which is called your period!)and it does it again and again ok NOW if it is WRONG info just tell me KK? this is what I heard from my mom and she is 36 so i dont think its wrong unless i wrote something wrong

and NO not a zillion eggs when i first got my period i asked my frnd said it was a zillion eggs (not zillion) becus she asked her mom and she knows alot about stuff like that. so im done saying why the period happens i guess.

ps: i dont know ANYTHING about the uteris just sayin.

Best, etc.

TamaMum
I never said EVERYBODY has bad cramps i said that when you get older you have it everyday and now i know thatits not true

Sorry if I may be bumping up this topic. (Hope not!)
I feel like I shouldn't take this so persinoly but the night before last, my step dad said like I can be hard to love or I am hard to love. I was put to bed at like 11:40 but couldn't get to sleep untill 12:35 because I couldn't stop thinking maybe I am hard to love. It bothered me a lot. He said he didn't mean it but in some way, I don't belive that. I know, I shouldn't make a big deal about it but I can't get it off my mind and this topic and writing it down helps a lot. Well, I guess I just needed to write it down or something. But lately my parents have been saying I have an attitude when I think I don't! And my step dad gets on my nerves so easy, I feel like I want to explode!!!! Anyone else have a step dad that get on they're nerves?! Ok, I feel better now. lol
I don't know very much about your family situation or how long your step dad has been your step dad for but you need to remember that because you are not his blood there is a natural difficulty in bonding closely..especially if your step dad came into your life when you were say 5 years old and he was not involved in a lot of your early development. Like you would know from kids at school, people who make things difficult for you are harder to get on with and his statement would have been more of a reference to the fact you don't share the same blood line and therefore the love you share is one that is built over time and is dependant upon the behaviour from both sides.

Think about your stereotypical step family stories where kids hate their step parents... it is a little hard to love someone who you didn't bring into the world and who also hates you!

You sounds like you're hitting that time of life when everyone just annoys you to pieces and your parents apparently know nothing about you and have got you all wrong! :lol: This is difficult for both blood parents and child but put yourself in your step dads shoes for one moment. Every time he moves you get frustrated with him.... he feels like he's under attack in his own home by someone that he wants to have in his life but keeps putting up the "leave me alone" sign. Even the closest friends can drift apart this way and as can happen with step parents and children. He obviously does care and wants to feel close to you but perhaps your feeling that he's getting on your nerves is showing a bit much for him and it makes it hard for him to feel like he can maintain the established bond between you.

Please don't take it that I am taking his side of things... I am just trying to give you another angle.

When you say "But lately my parents have been saying I have an attitude when I think I don't!" perhaps you might want to explore this with them a little. Having been where you are and looking at kids who are where I was, I can see that rarely does a parent declare the perception of "attitude" where there isn't one. Keep in mind that what you might not see as being an issue from where you are, may be perceived differently by adults. If you explore what it is that they feel you are doing to demonstrate "attitude" then you might be able to see things from their end and also get an idea of what other people may say too. It may also help you to change so that you can still storm and rage without them thinking that you are being a nasty teenager about it (aka having attitude). :D

Whatever the case, this time will pass and you will look back and see things differently. A lot of life's relationships involve biting your tongue when you would much rather rip someone's head off or turn into a mini-nuke. It may be extraordinarily difficult for you at the time but it will help preserve your relationships. That way, when you calm down then you can discuss whatever is bugging you in a calm, rational manner and both you and them are less likely to get hurt.

WOW Bell Sprout, you do have a lot of infomation!!!! B) :D :lol: I am going to have my second period and was wondering if you have any advice for me???Thank You!!!

~Tama-Love~

WOW Bell Sprout, you do have a lot of infomation!!!! B) :D :lol: I am going to have my second period and was wondering if you have any advice for me???Thank You!!!
~Tama-Love~
hmm well here are a few things that I can think of:

• Keep a diary -Write down when your period starts, how long it last and how heavy it is and if you get cramps how bad they are and when. That way you'll be able to learn pretty quickly what your cycle is like.
  • Always hang on to some spare pads - stick a few away in a pencil case in your bag. That way if it comes unexpectedly then you will have no worries!
  • Change regularly! Take your lunch breaks to change pads - nothing worse than having your pad leak blood on your uniform because it hasn't been changed!
  • If you are particularly active and find your pad slips around a lot, try wearing another pair of underwear on top or a set of bike pants (only really works well if you wear a dress for uniform or very loose pants).
  • Your period will last a few days... so even if you think it is gone, wear a liner for an extra day just to make sure you don't end up staining your underwear because of some late spotting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back