Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I spotted 2 months ago havent since then I have discharge and well now it smells I feel so

self contouse at school and it not like I don't wash

cause I do every morning I do!!! :kusatchi: :nazotchi: :kusatchi: :wacko: :( :rolleyes: :nazotchi:
That happened to me when i first got it. Don't be too self concious, i was too, but nobody can smelll it. If you do think so, spray some perfume on you before school. (Just spray the perfume in that air and walk through, It makes your hair smell good too!!) And also, when you feel it might happen soon, never wear white or light colored pants. I once saw in a magazine, the poparazzi caught someone who didn't exactly do that. EWW!

Its comes around every monthA period heavy means ALOT of blood

Light means not much blood

Change em around every 2-4 hours
Thanks for that. :wacko:

Mine seems to have vanished, its been three days. Will it return overnight (I am going to bed right now :) ), or has it gone till *gulp* next time?

Anyway, thanks, the 2-4hour thing seems to fit me (though they probably last 5, but each tiem I use the loo, I prefer to change them, they yuckify me a bit. :) )

Anyway, g'night. :wacko: *feels relieved after three days of heck*

Wait... I don't know if you already discussed this, too lazy too read all 82 pages rofl.Well about bras - What's with all these 'cup' bras. I went shopping not too lon ago and they sold some of those... Bell Sprout or any knowledgable people like her please explain!! How old do I have to be to wear one? What are they for?
The purpose of a bra is to support your breasts... gravity is a little bit nasty on them. :) When you start is entirely up to you but I suggest if you can jump up and down and feel them jiggle, you probably need to start looking at getting into them.

Your cup size is basically your breast size measured to a universal standard.

Here is a good site that teaches you how to measure your chest and cup size and what sort of bra you will need to wear. It is also great for learning about your first bra shopping experience: Getting the Right Bra

Well... A couple of days ago, I got my first period >.< And I had a few questions:

* When will it return?

* Are the pads meant to be wider than the knickers?

* How many times are they meant to be changed?

* How do you know whether a period is "heavy" or "light"?

* Is it normal for my belly to ache a bitwhen standing round like a lemon/lying down, but not when I am sitting or walking/running?

:D Thank you
Congrats :)

* When will it go?

That depends. Sometimes you first period is like a introduction.. it only gives you a preview of the future. What I mean by that is that you may later have a period that lasts for five days but on your first one you only bleed for 1 -3 days. On the other hand you might just bleed for as long as you will in the future. Only time will be able to tell.

* Are the pads meant to be wider than the knickers?

Yes... because they need to fold over the edges (assuming you have winged pads). They also need to be one size fits all so even the women who wear granny knickers can use them. :lol:

* How many times are they meant to be changed?

As often as you need. That will depend entirely on how much you bleed. Heavy bleeders need to change more regularly because otherwise the pads become flooded and leak into your clothes and underwear. It is something you will get a sense for in time. To start off with, get into the habit of changing every lunch break. You will learn then when you can leave it on for a bit longer and wait for the next break etc.

* How do you know whether a period is "heavy" or "light"?

Again that is something you tend to develop a bit of a sense for. There are definitions of what heavy v. light bleeding is but I doubt that anyone is going to squeeze their blood into a measuring cup to find out. :D Basically if you need high absorbancy pads because your regular ones are soaked through by the time each break comes around then you are heavy. Conversely, if you can get away with wearing a light absorbancy pad all day then you are probably light. Regular is somewhere in between. People who are heavy bleeders tend to feel highly inconvenienced by their period and last for 5 or more days. It feels like they are a tap.. blood constantly flowing. Light bleeders usually only last for about 3 days and aren't generally too worried about it.

* Is it normal for my belly to ache a bitwhen standing round like a lemon/lying down, but not when I am sitting or walking/running?

Each person is a bit different. But generally speaking, when you are physically active your body releases hormones and other chemicals which make your body feel good and counteract the effects of pain hence, you notice the pain more when you are lying down or not doing very much. Activity also acts as a distractor so you don't notice pain as much unless it is intense.

I forgot to add:
*How often is it normal to change them?
There is no "normal" as such... Everyone is different. How often you change will depend upon how much you bleed and as I said before, you will get a sense for that over time. In the beginning it is best to change frequently or at least check so you know what is happening. You will learn how often you need to change in time.

Well I spotted 2 months ago havent since then I have discharge and well now it smells I feel so

self contouse at school and it not like I don't wash

cause I do every morning I do!!! :) :D :lol: :D :D :D :D
It is one of those funny things... nobody can smell discharge and nobody can smell menstrual blood except for you. The only may this might be different is if you leave a pad on for an excessively long period of time and the blood starts to decompose.

As far as regular discharge goes, you don't need to be concerned unless it start to smell BAD. If it smells BAD then you need to see a doctor because you might have an infection. Other signs of infection to look out for is itching, redness and discharge that is lumpy and looks like cottage cheese or discharge that is green or a yellow that you don't usually see.

I know it is difficult to believe but noone else can smell normal healthy discharge of menstrual blood!

https://www.onewoman.com/redspot/fast.html#smell

Thanks Bell Sprout!! :D Even though it wasn't my question, you helped me out by answering my questions too! :D :) Here is one for you:

Well I just started Jounier High today and I ama going to have my period soon too. All my teachers said that everyone will only be allowed to use the Resteroom once every quarter, but what if I need to change my pad, etc?? :D :D :p I only have 5 minutes to change between classes to classes and I beraly made it on time today, so I wont be able to use the resteroom durring switchin because I don't have time. :D Well how should I handel tis then, I don't want to overflow and smell? Please help me out! THANKS!! :D :D :D :D :lol:

~Tama-Love~

Mine seems to have vanished, its been three days. Will it return overnight (I am going to bed right now :) ), or has it gone till *gulp* next time?
Do you mean it has been three days since you last saw blood or you have been bleeding for three days?

The end of a period often comes with some spotting... as in it will appear to have disappeared and then then next you will find a spot of blood or two in your underwear. This is because your period doesn't operate like a water out of a tap. It is more like a drip than a faucet. Think of it this way... if you soak a tea towel in water and hang it on the line, for a while it will run constantly, then it will taper off to a drip and the drips become further apart. Eventually if you watch it will seem to have stopped but if you watch for long enough it will drip a few more times (a long time apart) before it stops completeley. That's why it is always good to wear a liner the day or maybe two (depend on the individual) after your period seems to have stopped.

Thanks Bell Sprout!! :D Even though it wasn't my question, you helped me out by answering my questions too! :D :) Here is one for you:
Well I just started Jounier High today and I ama going to have my period soon too. All my teachers said that everyone will only be allowed to use the Resteroom once every quarter, but what if I need to change my pad, etc?? :D :D :p I only have 5 minutes to change between classes to classes and I beraly made it on time today, so I wont be able to use the resteroom durring switchin because I don't have time. :D Well how should I handel tis then, I don't want to overflow and smell? Please help me out! THANKS!! :D :D :D :p :lol:

~Tama-Love~
Hi Tama-Love,

How many breaks do you get during the day? Lunch breaks I am talking about here? If you have two for example, generally speaking, if you aren't a really heavy bleeder then you will probably be fine to wait for lunch breaks and change rather than changing between each and every class.

If you need to change more frequently than that then you either need to look at getting a higher absorbancy of pad - try super. Or if you are already an max absorbancy then you are a heavy bleeder. if that is the case and you are likely to have problems with having to change between classes it is best to get a doctors note to say as such. That way if you are late to class then you can present the note. This might seem in embarrassing, particularly with male teachers however, with them you will generally only need to show that note once and they will never question your lateness again. :D

Fortunatly, I have mostly female teachers! I am so glad!! Anyway, I only have one Lunch break, my flow is meduim, so I will change every lunch break. My lunch is the latest though, :D :) so I eat at 1:15pm. :D :D The good thing is that I have a long break- 30 minutes to be spuciffic. I will have a lot of time that is a good thing!!! Thanks for the advice Bell Sprout! One more question though,

When I do use the bathroom during class, I don't want anyone to notice me getting a pad out of my backpack, any advise to avoid people seeing the PAD? :D :D :D :lol: Thank again for the great help! :D

~Tama-Love~

Fortunatly, I have mostly female teachers! I am so glad!! Anyway, I only have one Lunch break, my flow is meduim, so I will change every lunch break. My lunch is the latest though, :D :) so I eat at 1:15pm. :D :D The good thing is that I have a long break- 30 minutes to be spuciffic. I will have a lot of time that is a good thing!!! Thanks for the advice Bell Sprout! One more question though,
When I do use the bathroom during class, I don't want anyone to notice me getting a pad out of my backpack, any advise to avoid people seeing the PAD? :D :D :D :lol: Thank again for the great help! :D

~Tama-Love~
Hmmm... that is quite a late lunch break! Try using a higher absorbancy pad... it might cut down the need for you to change before then...

Hmm tough one.. Do you have pockets... if so.. are they zipped? If you have zippable pockets then you can try just putting one in there before school so you won't have to worry about it later. Otherwise what you can do is get a purse or wallet that is big enough to fit a pad inside. Put a pad insider and leave it in your bag. You can grab that when you are leaving and just say you prefer to have your valuable with you all the time. The girls who have their periods will probably know the real reason but because they have to do the same thing, they won't say anything! :D

Some school require you to take your school diary with you as a pass out to the toilet... you can always just slip one in there when you get that out of your bag... it is a bit more risky because if you are not holding on to it right you may find that it falls out!

The other thing you can do if you have normaly pockets that don't zip is to the same thing with a wallet or purse and just keep the wallet/purse with the pad in your pocket.

I've been pondering over this for a while. (And no, I haven't read all the way back, so I apologize if this has already been answered.)

What age is normal for a girl to get her period?

I've been pondering over this for a while. (And no, I haven't read all the way back, so I apologize if this has already been answered.)

What age is normal for a girl to get her period?
Girls can start as young as 8 years old. They say the average is around 12-13 years of age. The later bloomers tend to be in the 15-16 bracket.

As long as the period comes between 8 and 18 then it is considered "normal". Earlier than 8 years old is precious puberty and later than 18 is indicative of some underlying problem.

Hmmm... that is quite a late lunch break! Try using a higher absorbancy pad... it might cut down the need for you to change before then...
Hmm tough one.. Do you have pockets... if so.. are they zipped? If you have zippable pockets then you can try just putting one in there before school so you won't have to worry about it later. Otherwise what you can do is get a purse or wallet that is big enough to fit a pad inside. Put a pad insider and leave it in your bag. You can grab that when you are leaving and just say you prefer to have your valuable with you all the time. The girls who have their periods will probably know the real reason but because they have to do the same thing, they won't say anything! :D

Some school require you to take your school diary with you as a pass out to the toilet... you can always just slip one in there when you get that out of your bag... it is a bit more risky because if you are not holding on to it right you may find that it falls out!

The other thing you can do if you have normaly pockets that don't zip is to the same thing with a wallet or purse and just keep the wallet/purse with the pad in your pocket.
:D :lol: Thank You! I will try to wear pants instead of skirts durring my period! Well no more questions for now, thanks! :D :)

~Tama-Love~

Girls can start as young as 8 years old. They say the average is around 12-13 years of age. The later bloomers tend to be in the 15-16 bracket.
As long as the period comes between 8 and 18 then it is considered "normal". Earlier than 8 years old is precious puberty and later than 18 is indicative of some underlying problem.
Ok, thank you! I've been wondering for a quite a while, and our nurse never said anything about it in health class... that I remember.

Thanks!

they teach u bout this in ur school dont they? in my school they do, but i know whats its like to be a little"scared" and any way doesnt it come between 9 and 15?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean it has been three days since you last saw blood or you have been bleeding for three days?
The end of a period often comes with some spotting... as in it will appear to have disappeared and then then next you will find a spot of blood or two in your underwear. This is because your period doesn't operate like a water out of a tap. It is more like a drip than a faucet. Think of it this way... if you soak a tea towel in water and hang it on the line, for a while it will run constantly, then it will taper off to a drip and the drips become further apart. Eventually if you watch it will seem to have stopped but if you watch for long enough it will drip a few more times (a long time apart) before it stops completeley. That's why it is always good to wear a liner the day or maybe two (depend on the individual) after your period seems to have stopped.
Well, thanks for helping out, lol, I'll bear in mind next time it comes.

Well, I wore one of those overnight, and nothign was there. Nothing happened yesterday, nothing happened today, so I guess it went. xD

Will it come back around between the 7th - 15th September? (It came to me 11 August, morning, like 7am I think).

You said it could last longer, do you believe it will last 3 days again, or will it last, longer. :furawatchi:

Thank you in advance, becauseI may need to read the answer to this within to weeks time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back