Global Warming

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Research had shown that the average temperature of the Earth had been rising at the rate it is today since only 200 years ago, when the Industrial Revolution began. Scientists have found out that the natural procedure the Earth goes through is nowhere near as fast. And no, believing in Global Warming does not make you anti-Christian. My school is a Christian school, yet in chapel services we were taught about global warming and other damage we are doing to the environment, and at the end of each of those services we are to pray to God - to help us and give us hope and guidance in stopping it.

I understand that some of you are strong Christians, but umm..you HAVE to put up with the fact that global warming IS real! The icebergs are melting..and one day...It's all gonna end. You've probably already guessed, but i'm athiest. I don't mean anything bad against Christians or anything, but global warming IS real, and we HAVE proof. I really hope this doesnt offend any of you strong Christians.
Um, I'm a Strong Christian and I believe in it, as I said earlier. And so is .:I Like Cheese:. who has the same opinion as me! Please don't address Christians as if we're all just one person. :angry:

HECK no. I strongly believe that it's not real. The world cooled down a degree from last year. I did a research paper on it once. I hate arguing about this, but hey, just look at the facts. <_<

Al Gore basically "made up" Global Warming.

Global Warming is the equivalent of a little kid's "Do you believe in Santa?" nowadays. D:

I recycle and believe it is possible to pollute the environment, but I don't consider all of this "Global Warming " all of out fault.

Why do you guys have to bring religion into this? I mean, time and place and such and I'm known to bring it into wierd places but this is totally utterly not about religion at all. Unless you believe in "AlGore-ism". :D

Look, despite whether your Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Wiccan - it doesn't matter. Maybe in the light that you believe God won't destroy the earth till His time but right now we're just talking "yes I do believe based on this" or "no, I do not based on this". And it's not just "conservative stupid Christians" who believe it's untrue - it's a lot more than the media portrays and actually there are many scientist that either believe it to a lesser extent or not at all. There was actually a fairly recent article in the New York Times, I believe [maybe another big newspaper], which was about how many scientists didn't believe in global warming at such a serverity as Al Gore makes it out to be.

I think it's ridiculous. It's just not even logical to me and I know I'm not a wizard in the weather department but I do know enough to say I believe a lot of this is bull. Now, I'm glad we have people who care about the environment. I do too and more power to those who want to aid in it. I totally respect than and think highly of these people. :)

On the flip side, I don't want them controlling my liberties down to which lightbulb I use. And actually, that has already been tried to be put into effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if there is actually a problem with global climate change, I am partial to think there is, but I think it's more important that we just take care of our environment. If it isn't happening now then it's going to happen at some point.

I think I'm on the bridge. i mean on one hand it doesn't seem real and on the other it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back