god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a Vengeful God, and if you do not believe in him he will toss you into hell were you will be burned and tortured and lashed with the grinding of teeth for all eternity!....but he LOVES you!-George Carlin.

In all seriousness, if you want to know, I was raised to believe in God. I do. BUT I was also raised to RESPECT people beliefs and decisions, and to NOT force anyone into beleiving in MY beliefs. Something that certain members of this post DO NOT understand. I do NOT take the bible literally, because I know it is a book that is over a thousand years old and has many loopholes. Plus, it has been changed many times to fit with the times. I also believe in Evolution...OH CRAP IM GONNA GO TO HELLZ. I have been told that there is absolutly NO way to believe in God, and evolution at the same time. BULL$#@$. There are BONES to help this theory. There are ECOLOGICAL CHANGES to prove this theory. What to "Creationists" say about evolution? "Well, its not true because its only a theory" Well, thank God gravity is a law. I do NOT believe in forcing children to take Creation Science class. For one, its not Science when religion is envolved, and two, religion needs to stay OUT of public schools and in CHURCHES where it belongs. "Hey Timmy, you want to do your Science homework, or do you wanna say God did it and go outside?" To sum this all up, yes i believe in a superior being watching over us, but i also believe that people should respect other's beleifs and stop forcing their beliefs down everyone's throats.

This is kinda why I think religion topics or anything should be forbiddin on a public forum. Not everyone belives. Not eveyone likes being lectured on Holy figures. I don't pray. I don't watch holy stuff on sundays. I don't go to chruch. I was brought up as an athetist. So why do most people who belive in god have a go at people who have a differnt religion? That's what bothers me also. I've delt with people trying to convert me. Do I like it? No, I do not.

No, I am not "insecure" or "fear" god. I just don't think he exists. Simple as that. If you have a problem with my views, keep it to yourself and don't say anything Same goes with people who do not belive.

Non-Belivers can celebrate Christmas and Easter. Weren't they Pagan Holidays?Most religion topics turn into senseless spats and immature mug slinging.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitley believe in god. As well as his Holy sun Jesus Christ ^^;. I am a strong Christian.

He is a Vengeful God, and if you do not believe in him he will toss you into hell were you will be burned and tortured and lashed with the grinding of teeth for all eternity!....but he LOVES you!-George Carlin.
In all seriousness, if you want to know, I was raised to believe in God. I do. BUT I was also raised to RESPECT people beliefs and decisions, and to NOT force anyone into beleiving in MY beliefs. Something that certain members of this post DO NOT understand. I do NOT take the bible literally, because I know it is a book that is over a thousand years old and has many loopholes. Plus, it has been changed many times to fit with the times. I also believe in Evolution...OH CRAP IM GONNA GO TO HELLZ. I have been told that there is absolutly NO way to believe in God, and evolution at the same time. BULL$#@$. There are BONES to help this theory. There are ECOLOGICAL CHANGES to prove this theory. What to "Creationists" say about evolution? "Well, its not true because its only a theory" Well, thank God gravity is a law. I do NOT believe in forcing children to take Creation Science class. For one, its not Science when religion is envolved, and two, religion needs to stay OUT of public schools and in CHURCHES where it belongs. "Hey Timmy, you want to do your Science homework, or do you wanna say God did it and go outside?" To sum this all up, yes i believe in a superior being watching over us, but i also believe that people should respect other's beleifs and stop forcing their beliefs down everyone's throats.
Who ever said that? You can believe in the Spagetti god that used evolution- it's just hard to stick evolution into G [with a capitol 'G'] od and the Bible for some reasons. You cange the God and make Him your own.

And no, that isn't the reason. It's because you can't build a specimen out of a single tooth. What happened to the scientific method? You can't "experiment" persay but shouldn't we have found thousands of these pre-people instead of one or two different kinds? I don't understand that. That's what doesn't make sence.

Never been able to do that but tell me when because I'd love to get out of science once in a while.

You are the one that's shoving here. :/

Oh yes, I state my honest opinion about certain things without trying to force my beliefs, yet I'M the one forcing beliefs on others. I NEVER said that people should believe one thing or another. Tell me the EXACT sentance where i was forcing my beliefs on others.

It seems to me, that if a persons belief is different than your owns, and they talk about it, they are somehow "forcing" it on others. I only responded ONCE in this forum. Starman responded a few times only because he was getting harrased by others who believed in god when HE didn't. Now I come on here to share my beliefs and I'M THE ONE FORCING IT? Utter BS.

I don't see anyone shoving anything in here. How was Al shovong his belifes onto people in here?

This bothers me and I do not mean to offend anyone here.

Peple who do belive in god, what is your opinion on us Non-belivers? What is your opinion on people who have differnt views and belifes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anyone shoving anything in here. How was Al shovong his belifes onto people in here?

Peple who do belive in god, what is your opinion on us Non-belivers? What is your opinion on people who have differnt views and belifes?
No, actually I'm Buddhist but I'm very open minded about other religions.

My opinion on people who have different views and beliefs is that they entitled to their own view of life and I respect that. I won't try to shove my religion down their throat if they don't to me.

Buddhism is a religion that respects and is open minded about different Gods. I still celebrate normal holidays the same way as everyone else such as Christmas, Easter... But I believe in different things.

Religion is sometimes a very complicated and confusing thing (Well, to me anyway). It can start wars between best friends and even countries.

Maybe we should be fighting on here but maybe discussing how everyone feels about different perspectives? Not shoving it down people's throats or whatever you were going on about =]

Well, it sounded kinda like all the other posts- assertive but still considered forceful. Sorry, iz kinda tired and easily set off. x...x;

Hm... well, we believe the consequence is eternal punishment so it scarese us. We try hard to tell others and pray for them, but that's all we can do, really. It's left to the Holy Spirit to work the person and ultimatly it's the persons' desicion.

It's not picnic for us to see others around us dieing. If you believed this, you'd tell others too.

[bTW, out of curiosity- do you know these people? Like, I always see them on these topicsd defending you or something and then I never see them again. Just curious if they are friends you refered or made new accounts or something. Lol. xP]

Nope, don't believe.

And if any of you want evidence that God doesn't exist, just board a plane and when it gets above the clouds, try to look for him somewhere in the clouds. That's my personal proof, cause when I was going to China on a plane and checked out the window, I absolutely didn't see any God.

Nope, don't believe.
And if any of you want evidence that God doesn't exist, just board a plane and when it gets above the clouds, try to look for him somewhere in the clouds. That's my personal proof, cause when I was going to China on a plane and checked out the window, I absolutely didn't see any God.
Crikeys, I believe that if you want to see something you have to believe in it.

God might only be seen by people who believe in him OR, he might only be seen at death (Which is what I think).

People that are Christian would know more than me but, still, being open minded is always a good thing. Your post could have offended some people. I think it's better thinking before posting.

I may be wrong, maybe you did think and I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention of offend you, if I did.

I just think you could have been more respectful of someone else's perspective.

I think both sides should be respectful towards each other. You do have Christians and Catholics up aginst people who don't belive.

@ Tinykit - Buddhist, eh? I heard they are very intresting people.

I have had trouble with alot of Christians shoving their belifes and vaules down my throat. It gets annoying to the point it angers me. My opinion, religion should be ept privatly to one self and npt discussed on other places. Most religion debates turn into sensless mud slinging and flame wars.

To each of their own.

I do believe in god but sometimes have my doubts. For example, I may read something on a website that gives proof god is not real, and then I may have less hope that there is a god. Then I read something a week later that gives more proof that God is real, which most likely will give me hope that he is real.

Now some may think I'm taking advantage of Gods 'love'. Well, I like to think God will forgive me. I believe that if there is a God, he should understand how everyone starts shoving proof into your head that there isn't a God, that sometimes it's almost impossible to believe in him.

Well, I know some people may say "You shouldn't listen to them, God wants you to believe." or something along that line, but thats just my opinion.

FS--

Nope, don't believe.
Well, that's because God doesn't live in the clouds. And even if he did, you wouldn't be able to see him.

As Tamagirl_Desy said a while ago, God must live somewhere outside our universe. At least that's what I believe.

I think both sides should be respectful towards each other. You do have Christians and Catholics up aginst people who don't belive.
@ Tinykit - Buddhist, eh? I heard they are very intresting people.

I have had trouble with alot of Christians shoving their belifes and vaules down my throat. It gets annoying to the point it angers me. My opinion, religion should be ept privatly to one self and npt discussed on other places. Most religion debates turn into sensless mud slinging and flame wars.

To each of their own.
Thanks.

This is one of my favourite quotes related to my religion by Albert Einstein.

"Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future: it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural & spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity"

6% of the worlds population are Buddhist, meaning it is about the fourth largest religion in the world. I'd be a Modern Buddhist meaning, it is for everyone across the world, not just specific countries.

Just a few facts ^^

I also think you're making a very good point here.

People should be respectful of what other people believe, but sometimes fail to do so.

And you're not the only one who's had trouble with that, my friend's have tried it, but failed in their attempt. Yes, religion should be kept privately, but some people, myself inclusive, decided to share theirs. It's just something that you do by choice.

=] End of my probably long post xDD

I agree with Sweet Kandi.

I believe religion is to help people out in life only, and keeps them from being afraid of death, really.

Religion is shoved down my throat alot. I find my grandparents and aunt never stop bullying me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back