god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, Tinykit. I love to hear more things from Buddhist, since those kinds of people seem whimsical and enlighting to me in my opnion.
We should talk sometime. It's a very spiritual religion which is why I like it and I chose to be part of it.

If you want to find out more, look at Google, type it in the search bar and there's always a lot of useful information =]

We should talk sometime. It's a very spiritual religion which is why I like it and I chose to be part of it.
If you want to find out more, look at Google, type it in the search bar and there's always a lot of useful information =]
Thanks TinyKit.

I wouldn't mind listening to your words.

I am a strong Christian,and ever since I was a babe I've believed in God.I love my church and my religion.(This is NO lie)My church has video games!!

No, actually I'm Buddhist but I'm very open minded about other religions.
Yes I heard Buddhist are very excepting of other religions. Though I do not believe in God I have personally alwasy liked it more. It's not as pushy as some religions seem to be (not that I mean ANY offence to ANYONE or ANY religion). Last year it seemed (as our head teacher is obviously very religious[also he taught us RE if you haven't caught on yet]) that the only reason that we had RE was to try and turn us non-believers into believers which made the subject even less enjoyable. Our current teacher is much better though.

Buddhist people are the most whimsical and endearing people I have met. They respect other people's views and never try to force their opinions down people's throats at all.

I also heard they are pretty much good peace keepers.

Yes I do, very much so.
With that mentality, by the time you see God, it'll be too late. *shrugs*
i totally agree with tamaw/pants because i do believe in god and if ya'll don't then forget you but you'll regret it for the rest of your life

i totally agree with tamaw/pants because i do believe in god and if ya'll don't then forget you but you'll regret it for the rest of your life
Sorry if I sound rude.

Not evceryone belives in god in here. Nor are they Christian or Catholic.

What if someone had a differnt belife?

What if they were Muslium or a Buddist? What if they were just an Atheist? Should it matter what a person belives in?

Uh.

I don't believe in God... I'm Buddhist.

You are entitled to your own opinion but I think what you've just said was quite rude and basically saying that the non-believers are going straight to hell.

No offence but I think the Bible contradicts itself. You see, God forgives everyone, yet there is hell.

Or is hell only meant for rapists and murders, ect?

If someone is a good person all their life but doesn't believe in God, they shouldn't be left to go to hell. That wouldn't be right.

Im not sure how it goes but, if someone would care to explain, that would help me out a lot.

I respect your opinions, but that is just mine and I apologize in advance if that offended anyone because that wasn't my intention.

Uh.I don't believe in God... I'm Buddhist.

You are entitled to your own opinion but I think what you've just said was quite rude and basically saying that the non-believers are going straight to hell.

No offence but I think the Bible contradicts itself. You see, God forgives everyone, yet there is hell.

If someone is a good person all their life but doesn't believe in God, they shouldn't be left to go to hell. That wouldn't be right.

Im not sure how it goes but, if someone would care to explain, that would help me out a lot.

I respect your opinions, but that is just mine and I apologize in advance if that offended anyone because that wasn't my intention.
I Elect you to be my best friend

:D

Uh.I don't believe in God... I'm Buddhist.

God forgives but you have to accept it. I could kill your favorite pet butterfly but you forgive and forget but I may still be in spite for whatever reason and never apologize. In this case, I didn't accept it. You accept that you are a sinner, that Jesus [who was perfect, God, trinity, etc.] died for your sins and now you are "reborn". You aren't really spat out of the womb again, lol, but you change.

Everyone DESERVES hell. Who is to judge that, oh, this person was "good enough" but this person wasn't? Where would the line be drawn? Even if you were blameless BUT you stole one cookie, you'd still go to hell without Jesus. He covers all our sin so that we may be with God. Because God is perfect, He can't be in it's presence.

It's not just a religion but a relationship. He's my best friend, father and savior and I can talk with Him. And when I die, I'll be with Him.

Contradictions? Any more? I'd like to hear them. *Munches on thoughts* :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that tamaw/pants.

I understand more.

I'd always accept forgiveness and I'd always apologize for what I've done wrong. It's good to know that you can always be forgiven.

Still, in my opinion religion is very complex. Even when it seems easy.

I have said this many times before but...."Life is a test" Believe or wish not to believe. I believe there is not supposed to be proof that there is a God because life would be wayy to easy! Once again sorry if i offended you in any way....

~Mamitchi465

I am mormon. I believe in god. I believe he lived. I don't mind if other people dont. Because I do. :lol:

I don't believe in God, religion, or reading the bible. I am a reasonable person, and I can make my own choices without reading a book written by men over five hundred years ago. I believe in true knowladge, letting people love whoever they care to do, and having a consience, not a bigger being. I don't want religion or god shoved down my throat, but unfortunately, I have it shoved down my throat alot anyways. I don't mind if my friend is Christian, because she's still my friend, and I don't care if I might ever socialize with gay people, because they're still human.

God forgives but you have to accept it. I could kill your favorite pet butterfly but you forgive and forget but I may still be in spite for whatever reason and never apologize. In this case, I didn't accept it. You accept that you are a sinner, that Jesus [who was perfect, God, trinity, etc.] died for your sins and now you are "reborn". You aren't really spat out of the womb again, lol, but you change.
Everyone DESERVES hell. Who is to judge that, oh, this person was "good enough" but this person wasn't? Where would the line be drawn? Even if you were blameless BUT you stole one cookie, you'd still go to hell without Jesus. He covers all our sin so that we may be with God. Because God is perfect, He can't be in it's presence.

It's not just a religion but a relationship. He's my best friend, father and savior and I can talk with Him. And when I die, I'll be with Him.

Contradictions? Any more? I'd like to hear them. *Munches on thoughts* :]
Omg yes! That is exactly what I believe in! FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!!!

Everyone DESERVES hell. Who is to judge that, oh, this person was "good enough" but this person wasn't? Where would the line be drawn?
This is the bit that always intrigues me...

Why do Christians believe everyone DESERVES hell? Is it because they believe only God can judge us all and none of us are qualified to make a judgement except him?

Why then does a new born deserve hell? Why then does an aborted foetus deserve hell?

Why then do we have this free will God gave us to make decisions? Is it only for that one decision - to accept Jesus?

I don't understand how a new born or an aborted foetus can accept Jesus; so do they go straight to hell?

Why then are some Christians judging non-Christians and advising them that they will go to Hell when they die?

Why then do some Christians call others Idiots for not believing the same thing as them and asking difficult questions?

If you don't have Jesus but lead a kind, moral life, do you believe that you automatically go to hell?

If you do have Jesus but are rude and uncompromising in your day to day beliefs and attitude do you think it's reasonable to automatically go to heaven?

One last question I think about too.

I don't understand why Buddhists are fighting and killing one another in Burma. It's such a peaceful, accepting religious belief and yet the strict regime in the country has (apparently) managed to undermine those ancient beliefs ... and have people at each others throats.

I really don't want to sound as if I am contradicting anyone - for me, there are enough contradictions in my questions already.

These are just some of the things that occur when I'm reading through various topics in Seriously Non TamaTalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back