god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
let me tell you some thing ppl if god didnt exest then we whouldnt ether and how where we made and i know how where we made but you ppl will say you are crazy and other stuff to disrespect me

let me tell you some thing ppl if god didnt exest then we whouldnt ether and how where we made and i know how where we made but you ppl will say you are crazy and other stuff to disrespect me
No one is here to disrespect your beliefs. :) It is just asked that you respect OTHERS' beliefs. Not everyone believes in God, and there really is no way to know for sure. I'd really like to hear how you know for sure God exists. I'm not saying I don't believe in God or don't believe you, but I'm the kind of person that likes proof. If you can supply me with such proof than please do go on. -_-

Can I just explain something?

If there was no God, there would still be plently of ways that we would be here. Evolution is one of them. I'm not trying to say that there is no God, but I think you're being a bit narrow minded.

i'm not trying to disresoect you, but that's just what I feel

No one is here to disrespect your beliefs. :furawatchi: It is just asked that you respect OTHERS' beliefs. Not everyone believes in God, and there really is no way to know for sure. I'd really like to hear how you know for sure God exists. I'm not saying I don't believe in God or don't believe you, but I'm the kind of person that likes proof. If you can supply me with such proof than please do go on. <_<
It's more of a spiritual thing. I like proof myself, as I'm one of those people who "comes from Missouri" (the Show Me state, hehe) but I do believe. You just have to have faith, really. People have their reasons - one of them being how the Earth and all of its beings got here, and miracles happening in their lifetime, etc. Everyone's different. No one is saying you have to believe, but lots of people do and have perfectly fine reasons for it.

-The dinosaurs were beasts of the earth, which were created at the same day as man. So dinosaurs and man lived along side each other, although evolution says they don't which is a problem. Proof of this is found in acient art, fossilized dinosaur and human foot prints together, and eye witness accounts of dinosaur like creatures from several different cultures. Also, about the 65 Million Years Ago, that's CRAP. Scientists came up with that when thay tried to come up with a scientific way to explain things; this is also how evolution came about. The Earth isn't even a million years old! :furawatchi:
The earth is millions of years old, and dinosaurs were around way before the humans. Scientists didn't make anything up; they based it on proof. Ever heard of fossils? They tell a lot. I honestly doubt that a human footprint was found next to a dinosaur one. How do you know it wasn't just a smaller dinosaur or a reptile or bird?

It's more of a spiritual thing. I like proof myself, as I'm one of those people who "comes from Missouri" (the Show Me state, hehe) but I do believe. You just have to have faith, really. People have their reasons - one of them being how the Earth and all of its beings got here, and miracles happening in their lifetime, etc. Everyone's different. No one is saying you have to believe, but lots of people do and have perfectly fine reasons for it.
The person I quoted said that they had proof, which I'd like to actually hear. I myself, am not sure. I don't exactly know what to believe.

No one is here to disrespect your beliefs. :) It is just asked that you respect OTHERS' beliefs. Not everyone believes in God, and there really is no way to know for sure. I'd really like to hear how you know for sure God exists. I'm not saying I don't believe in God or don't believe you, but I'm the kind of person that likes proof. If you can supply me with such proof than please do go on. :)
Once you feel it, and feel Him work His, "magic" on you, you'll believe, no questions asked. :)

Once you feel it, and feel Him work His, "magic" on you, you'll believe, no questions asked. :)
I'll repeat.

The person I quoted says they have proof that God made us and that they know EXACTLY how we were made. So that is my question, what proof do they exactly have?

I'll repeat.
The person I quoted says they have proof that God made us and that they know EXACTLY how we were made. So that is my question, what proof do they exactly have?
Oh, gotcha. Sorry, I just kind of skimmed that, and thought you were referring to the general belief in God.

Sorry, my fault. xP

Creation -- That we DON'T have proof on. I've discussed this with an adult at my Church actually (I'm not sure what her "title" is.) and what is in the Bible is a bit like what TamaMum mentioned earlier (maybe a page or so ago) in this thread -- It's not necessarily literal. Adam and Eve? You could say that it's a bunch of BS.

We've also discussed this in CCD like... a year or two ago (before I was Confirmed, when I had to go to CCD)... you have to gather the facts and come up with what works for YOU. My teacher and I both believe in an creation / evolution combo. We believe in evolution, but who started the whole chain of evolution? Who created that tiny organism that eventually formed humans beings? God did, and with the intentions of creating us.

So creation is basically figuring out what works for YOU, because we have no true proof on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i could go on forever on my reasons to believe in God but like Cinderpelt said when you feel him touching you with his power then you are absoloutly sure and you can say we are making up what we feel or that its an illusion but its real any ways thats only one reason

i'm an agnostic (i base my theories about the Lord on solid evidence and not on faith, so i guess i'm in between believing and not believing) i'm not saying He exists and i'm not saying He doesn't exist. but if there really was a God, how would you explain the evidence we have discovered through our own hands like with fossils? we found the remains of humans who existed billions of years ago and everything, we know that the first living things on earth were bacteria and plants etc. etc. so where does God come in place all this evidence? in my opinion, most people like to think He exists, but are unsure of the fact.

i'm an agnostic (i base my theories about the Lord on solid evidence and not on faith, so i guess i'm in between believing and not believing) i'm not saying He exists and i'm not saying He doesn't exist. but if there really was a God, how would you explain the evidence we have discovered through our own hands like with fossils? we found the remains of humans who existed billions of years ago and everything, we know that the first living things on earth were bacteria and plants etc. etc. so where does God come in place all this evidence? in my opinion, most people like to think He exists, but are unsure of the fact.
I completely agree with you.

I believe in God, and I'm happy to say I beleive in Him.

^ Same.

My parents are Hindu, as is my sister. And I was raised that way.

But the more I think, the more I doubt. They don't know.

I still take part in all our religious rituals. It's interesting--but I'm still doubtful.

So Agnostic, leaning towards Athiest--but...I don't think I can fully believe there's nothing out there at all. I'd like to believe there is, even if there isn't.

Believing something that you're either not sure of or really don't believe is hypocritical, and to many, pretty much deceiving God. Pretending to believe when you don't won't get you into heaven even if he is real. So, that's the harm dear :eek:
That's not what I was trying to say.

And I should be more careful of how I say things, as they can be misinterpreted.

What, I was trying to say was that if you really, and truly believe, then you will get into Heaven. I'm not saying that you believe in out of convenience.

No.

What I'm asking is what is the harm if you REALLY believe it. Now, while I didn't say that earlier, I thought it was made clear.

But I'm not asking anyone to go and plant false feelings.

I'm speaking on the pretense of true feelings, and beliefs.

So I ask again, but this time correctly:

What is the harm in REALLY believing in GOD?

If you REALLY believe in him, and he's here, then you go to Heaven.

But, If you REALLY believe in him and he's not there, then what does it matter? If he's not here, there's not a Heaven nor a Hell that he can place you in.

That's my real question.

And I should be more careful of how I say things, as they can be misinterpreted.

What, I was trying to say was that if you really, and truly believe, then you will get into Heaven. I'm not saying that you believe in out of convenience.

No.

What I'm asking is what is the harm if you REALLY believe it. Now, while I didn't say that earlier, I thought it was made clear.

But, If you REALLY believe in him and he's not there, then what does it matter? If he's not here, there's not a Heaven nor a Hell that he can place you in.

That's my real question.
That doesn't make any sense to me.

If someone already does believe, then that is most likely their religion already, so saying "What is the harm in believing when you do already" makes no sense to me.

No.

That's my real question.
Even though I believe in God myself, I think you're being a bit... pushy. (I can't remember the other word I was looking for. xP)

You can't ask people to believe in Him - well, you can, but they are more likely not going to do as you ask.

I think you could have been more tactful in your post. Say, there is no Christian or Catholic God, but the real gods are Hindu or Muslim gods (sorry if I've got religions mixed up). Don't you think, that if someone did do as you asked, and REALLY believed in God - well, the harm is that there was no God to believe in, and you just sent them to Hell (sorry, again, if there is no Hell in Hinduism or Islam).

Now, I am a Christian, so don't get me wrong - but I don't think you can just ask people to devote their lives to a religion that they're not sure about. People won't just REALLY believe in Him. It takes a while, and sometimes, only miracles in their life or people around them may change their beliefs.

Even though I believe in God myself, I think you're being a bit... pushy. (I can't remember the other word I was looking for. xP)
You can't ask people to believe in Him - well, you can, but they are more likely not going to do as you ask.

I think you could have been more tactful in your post. Say, there is no Christian or Catholic God, but the real gods are Hindu or Muslim gods (sorry if I've got religions mixed up). Don't you think, that if someone did do as you asked, and REALLY believed in God - well, the harm is that there was no God to believe in, and you just sent them to Hell (sorry, again, if there is no Hell in Hinduism or Islam).

Now, I am a Christian, so don't get me wrong - but I don't think you can just ask people to devote their lives to a religion that they're not sure about. People won't just REALLY believe in Him. It takes a while, and sometimes, only miracles in their life or people around them may change their beliefs.
I'm not really sure if I'm Christian at this point, but I agree with you xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back