god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say so.
God created us with all kinds of flaws. Just because someone is homosexual, let's say, doesn't mean that God will love them any less. God loves everyone, and He is all forgiving.
Right. He loves them but they must go to hell to be tourtured. Makes perfect sense.

Just a friendly reminder all to keep any arguing over religion versus sexual preferences out of the topic since this topic is about what one's religious preferences are. I believe there's a topic about homosexuality such debate can be discussed it. Keep it clear of here.

Yes, I do. I don't understand why people are saying "religion makes no sense"! But really, how can the universe exist without SOMETHING higher out there. You may say, 'the big band created the universe'. But what created that? And everything worked out so perfectly so Earth could exist and life could live, that, at least I think, God has ti be out there somewhere.

There has to be a God out there because

1. We can't have got here by chance.

2. There is a thing called faith, even though u don't see God you still know he's there.

3. Why would people write about him if he didn't exsist? There's a thing called the bible.

I respect that some people don't believe in my God, but I think they should. :ph34r: There will be a time [maybe very soon] where you mightn't get a chance to see him!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna just lay it all out here;

I'm not going to argue with anyone, I'm just going to state what I believe.

There are some things that don't seem to fit together. Here's one of them

God's plan.

If someone dies, Christians like to think that God brought her up, that he wanted her in heaven. That it was her time to go.

What about the aborted children? The homeless dying alone and cold? All the innocent people mass-murdered by Adolf Hitler?

Although they were innocent, did God plan this? Was a woman's rape and murder part of the plan?

I'm curious to see what someone who is a devout Christian thinks of this. I'm not here to argue, I just want to know what your opinion is on "God's Plan."

^ I'm not exactly religious or anything, but I think God is supposed to have given us the freedom of choice as opposed to controlling us until the afterlife, when anybody who violates God (commits evil, basically) burns in Hell. God never planned or even wanted the Holocaust; Hitler did. He could have stopped it if He wanted, He simply chose not to because, again, freedom of choice. Same goes for the Hiroshima bombings, Khmer Rouge, Rwanda's civil war, etc. Those kind of situations are horrible, there's no denying that, but on the other hand they were some of humanity's big eff-ups, and while you and I probably learn from our mistakes, so does humanity as a whole.

Yeah, again, I'm not that religious and I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just stating a Christian's view on the matter. Sorry if I'm not making much sense.

if he really is all forgiving, why are there laws in the first place? and why is homosexuality wrong?
This is because God made Adam & Eve. Not Adam & Adam or whatever. It's hard to explain without having read the Bible. So I suggest you do, if you haven't already. Also, God never gives up on you, but the second you do something wrong, he dosen't just forgive you. You have to ask for God's forgiveness.

3. Why would people write about him if he didn't exsist? There's a thing called the bible.
Cool story, bro.

Glad to know Voldemort, Zeus, Thor, Spongebob and Dracula all exist.

No, I don't believe there is one. Why? There's really no proof of a God existing. The bible doesn't prove anything either, as it was written hundreds of years ago back at a different time and a different place with different beliefs and a different way of justice.

This is because God made Adam & Eve. Not Adam & Adam or whatever. It's hard to explain without having read the Bible. So I suggest you do, if you haven't already. Also, God never gives up on you, but the second you do something wrong, he dosen't just forgive you. You have to ask for God's forgiveness.
So being a homosexual, you must beg for forgiveness for being natural? I want to know what is so wrong with homosexuality. Just becaus God created a man and a woman doesn't mean two men or two women cannot be together and in love. Yes, a man and a women can make children, but just because two men cannot bear children together doesn't make it sinful and worthy of begging to their god for forgiveness.

^ And it having been written in a different time has to do with what?
The fact that people were so simple back then and wrote the bible to explain things that were too hard for them to understand, or just thought what happened.

Just because that someone wrote a book saying "this is everything that happened in this world in this time" doesn't mean it really did. It could be fiction for all we know. How can a man who was killed suddenly come back to life after three days? I'd like science to prove it, or explain what happened. Its impossible. And how do we REALLY know there was even a Jesus Christ?

But now I'm getting a bit offtopic, so I'll just leave my post the way it is now.

The fact that people were so simple back then and wrote the bible to explain things that were too hard for them to understand, or just thought what happened.

Just because that someone wrote a book saying "this is everything that happened in this world in this time" doesn't mean it really did. It could be fiction for all we know. How can a man who was killed suddenly come back to life after three days? I'd like science to prove it, or explain what happened. Its impossible. And how do we REALLY know there was even a Jesus Christ?

But now I'm getting a bit offtopic, so I'll just leave my post the way it is now.
Trying to drag Science into religion is a cruel way of trying to win. I'm not religious in any way but if you try to bring scientific stuff into a religious debate, that's rather unfair, because anything can be won over by pulling the science card. If you're going to have a religious debate, I say stick to religion vs religion rather than religion vs logic.

Trying to drag Science into religion is a cruel way of trying to win. I'm not religious in any way but if you try to bring scientific stuff into a religious debate, that's rather unfair, because anything can be won over by pulling the science card. If you're going to have a religious debate, I say stick to religion vs religion rather than religion vs logic.
But why is it unfair? I'm allowed to state my opinion aren't I?

Also, there's a hole in the bible....if God "always was" and "was there" Wouldn't someone else had to have created Him? And then have another being create that being and so on? But thats just one of life's mysteries....nobody knows for sure what happens when we die, how we were created, what created the world, so people latch on to a faith/belief because as humans thats just one of the many things we need to survive.

Nobody created God. That would pretty much defeat the purpose of there being a God.

Also, to those who ask why Hitler and all those people did those bad things, God could have stopped it. But he didn't. Because we all have the freedom we so rightfully deserve.

God doesn't make the world the way it is, we do.

Nobody created God. That would pretty much defeat the purpose of there being a God.

Also, to those who ask why Hitler and all those people did those bad things, God could have stopped it. But he didn't. Because we all have the freedom we so rightfully deserve.

God doesn't make the world the way it is, we do.
^

I fully agree with this.

I believe in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. He brought me and my husband together and if I didn't let Him lead me in making the choices I would have preferred to make for myself then I would probably not have been as happy as I am now.

My view on God's plan is this: The ways of God is unclear to man. We just simply can't understand His plan because there is no way that we can take every little aspect of our world into account when we think about actions and consequences. Sin has made the world the ugly place that it is today, and bad things do happen to good people. Even in the Bible (e.g. Job) bad things happen to the most devout people. The reason may be unclear untill the day that we can ask our Father in heaven about it, but we have to believe that the outcome will eventually bring you more blessings than what you have had before. For a Christian, death is not supposed to be a punishment. It is a release from this world filled with pain.

I try to let Him lead me in my decisions and here is a great example (my story):

Four years ago I was in a great relationship with X. Then I met this guy (Y) and even before I spoke one word with him I knew that I am supposed to marry him. But what about X? I was happy with him and I didn't want to hurt him? I struggled with myself and with God for more than a week. Eventually, at the last moment, I opened my Bible for the 1000th time at a random spot, so broken and lost that you wouldn't believe, and there, right in front of me was my answer. Just like that. And since then everything in my life has worked out so much better than I could ever have hoped for, all because I was listening to what God was telling me.

That is just my story and opinion. I don't think Christians should try to force their beliefs on others. They should live their lives as children of God in such a way that the world sees that they are different and craves to know what makes them different.

I am an atheist. I believe in science.

And yes, you can believe in science instead of religion. Science is questioning everything, and learning about reality through proven experiments and observation. Religion is believing something with no proof.

I have nothing against religious people at all, unless they try to convert me or force their opinions on me. I try to do the same and not force my beliefs on others out of respect.

I do find religion interesting. I have tried to read the holy book of every major faith, so as it ends up, I tend to know more about religion than most of the religious people I've met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back