god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I do not believe in a God. People say 'then how was the universe created? Something can't come out of nothing!'

... How was God created? Do the rules you put to the universe not apply to it? Even if a God was created from someone (like what my family's religion believes in), where did that creator come from? And that one? Once upon a time, something was made from nothing. Why can't that 'something' be us? Is it not possible for some unfathomable reason?

Of course, if you believe in a God, I won't bash you. Everyone has opinions on what they think is right. Everyone has a different set of morals, a different set of beliefs. Yours are no exception and neither are mine :)

I'm kinda on the fence about God... I was raised Catholic and I go to a Catholic high school but I have my moments of doubt. There are so many religions in the world, so which one is right? How come Christianity is supposed to be the only "right" religion from the hundreds of religions out there? Sometimes I believe in God and sometimes I don't...

... so which one is right? How come Christianity is supposed to be the only "right" religion from the hundreds of religions out there? Sometimes I believe in God and sometimes I don't...

Why does only one religion have to be right?

Belief is about faith. If some of us believe we are right about something it doesn't have to make others wrong... nor does it have to be proved

That's what faith and belief is about - no need for proof - and it's also normal to have doubts about your faith ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Believing what is real determines on your faith.

You can't see Hatred, but how do you know it is there? It is not physical, you can't touch it, you can't see it.

God can really be seen or touched.

But he is there. Why would there be so many wise words, parables and stuff in the Bible then? No-one would bother writing it and make people believe it? No-one would do that (Or will they?) that is shoving things down people's throats.

You can believe if God is Real or not, he doesn't want to force you.

There are doubts about God. Some of it is very hard to believe but some is believable, like certain dreams and signs he gives to people. I go to a Catholic College, they have bible readings and stuff, a chapel, and more things. Most of the Time I say Yes but sometimes no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before.

If someone created God, what would be the point of worshiping God when theres someone higher. No one created and God and he created the universe.

I also think God created Science as a basic way of understanding his power. People are taking it way to far though.

My mom wanted me to be Christian. I was baptized as a baby. I was not confirmed.

When I was little, I actually thought the Christian "God" was a myth. Sort of like the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy or Santa. I thought I was just told there was a God to answer whatever questions there were. I had no idea anyone actually believed in Him, especially not adults. I was little. All I thought was that it was a silly, ridiculous story to give children peace of mind.

One day, I asked my mom if she actually really believed in God. She told me, "Yes."

I was confused. I thought she was either lying to me like when I asked if she was the tooth fairy, or she was just daft. So I asked my friend's dad, who is Jewish, if he actually believed in God. He said yes as well.

I suppose that was when I realized God is actually in some peoples' hearts.

But if asked this as a yes or no question, I would probably have to say no, I don't believe in a God.

To me, God is the easy way out. It's like, "Well, we can't figure out what causes this, so God did it."

I've always been inquisitive, and I've always liked the idea of science, and furthering knowledge, and proving things wrong and becoming smarter in the process.

I respect people with religion now, though. Someone believes in God, okay. I'm not going to try to prove them wrong. Because who's to say they're wrong? I went to a Unitarian Universalist preschool. I am agnostic.

If nobody's trying to force me to believe a God, and nobody's beating me up for not believing in one, then it's not my business what anyone else believes.

I think people shouldn't let God get in their way, though. The things people can do can be beautiful, regardless of if a God helped them do it; however, I'm not going to let God tell me what to do. If I want to do something I love, I'm not going to let the Bible tell me if I should or not.

But my opinions on the Bible are for another day.

tl;dr: No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back