Golden Tama Email...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarrock

Reaction score
I just wanted to know if anyone else got this letter. I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I'm following the instrctions and will enter soon. Here's the letter from [email protected]

"Re: Tamagotchi Contest

Congratulations on being a potential winner in the 'Tama Test Contest'.

Attached is a Contest Declaration and Release Form which you should read, complete in full and return to my attention either by mail to the address below, by e-mail to (), or fax to (), which must be received no later than 10 days from the date of this letter.

Once we have received and verified the completed Contest Declaration and Release Form, the prize will be sent to you.

Please check the address on the Declaration Form to make sure it is correct. You can make any address corrections on the document with a pen or pencil and I will correct them at this end before the prize is shipped out. " (I took out the address and fax)

There was more and an address and phone number...

Not sure what it means. Please give any opinions!!!

P.s. I didn't know where else to put this on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people who entered the Golden Tamagotchi contest have already received their prizes....is that the contest you entered - or have you entered another contest?

Does it seem like an official Bandai letter/email adress or something else?

I'd be a little concerned about giving your personal information out to them...

GK1

Yes, I would also not want to give my personal info out. The website is under construction so I wouldn't want to give out info until you read about what ever it is on the website (and even then it would still not be safe). I don't know.. Maybe you could eMail them and ask them about their comp and what they do, and post the reply here (but do not give out personal info to be safe). :angry:

The thing that bugs me about that letter is where it says:

They say potential like you haven't already won, but the winners have been announced and they've already received their winnings.

Are you positive you won a golden tamagotchi from the contest, or is there any doubt?

I'd be cautious about this letter.

Maybe PM OsuMesu21 and see what he/she thinks about it. They just recieved their golden tama. Ask if they got an email or letter along the lines of the one you got to make sure it's not someone just trying to scam you.

SK is right... that sentence is a contradiction in itself. Given also that it would seem the winners of the comp have already been notified, I would be highly suspicious.

htpp://www.cfandrservices.com website is not currently operation. The only site I could find stemming from their domain was asking for registrations for a kids milk competition.

Unfortunately, that proves nothing as it is INCREDIBLY easy to immitate legitimate companies for unworthy purposes...

Zarrock.. feel free to PM for my email address. I'm a little handy with my whereis and whatnot and maybe be able to determine the overall legitimacy of the email if you wish to forward it on. However, I doubt you find joy. Everything about that first line smells like a scam! Often these guys will use the "send it back before X time or reply before X date" to scare you into taking action, usually at the detriment of your safety!

Most important:

1. Do not open the attachment! What may seem like a harmless picture/pdf/word document may contain viruses or spyware that can cause all sorts of problems on your computer.

2. Do not click on any links contained within the email. It is very easy to use HTML to diguise a dodgy link to some auto-downloading spyware etc.

If you already have, make sure you do a thorough scan of your computer with some strong anti-virus and spyware programs.

Okay.. I was checking out all the stuff you guys said to because you made me really nervous... and I was thinking.. did they win the CANADIAN one?? If you check the Canadian website (golden tama contest page) and go to Rules and Regulations it says:

"Tama Test Contest

OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES and REGULATIONS

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN AND NO PAYMENT OR PROOF OF PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE.

The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada only, excluding the province of Quebec. This Contest is not open to employees or immediate family members of: the Sponsor, its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of promotional goods or services, the independent judging organization, any parties connected therewith or persons living in the same household of each of the aforementioned. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Contest void where prohibited by law. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 PM. (E.S.T.) on Monday October 16, 2006, and ends at 11:59:59 PM. (E.S.T.) on Thursday, November 30, 2006 ("Promotion Period ").

POINTS WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:

There will be eighteen questions worth a maximum of 100 points each. For every 300 points you achieve, you will earn one ballot entry into the Grand Prize Draw. In the event you answer all eighteen questions correctly, you will receive a total of ten ballots as a bonus for a perfect score. Contestants may take the “Tama Test” as often as they want each time earning ballots for the chance to win one (1) “Limited Edition Golden Tamagotchi” in the Grand Prize Draw at the end of the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Grand Prize per eligible person, family, dwelling, household, mailing address, email address, phone line or account, DSL line or account (or the equivalent of any of the foregoing). Participants may enter online only, and only during the Promotion Period. Entries received after the Promotion Period will be void. All entries and their content become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor and/or Independent Judging Organization will not deem proof of submission of an entry as proof of receipt of an entry. By entering this Contest, participants (and the Parent if the participant is a minor) accept and agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters.

I know its long so the key points are "Tama Test Contest" and "Independent Judging Organization will not deem proof of submission..." this may be the letter to enter the prize draw... but I'm not sure..

Post your opinions!

I've just emailed the person with questions about Bandai and such, so I'll post the reply as soon as it comes.

Hmmm...seems we need some help on the Golden Tamagotchi e-mails?

I think I can help. ^_^

The reason why there were the first winners and the ones notified AFTER the contest ended is because Bandai became overwhelmed with the massive amount of submissions sent in per day. So they left up the list of the first winners, and selected the rest at random at the end of October.

The email address it SHOULD come from is [email protected]. If it doesn't, and you're American, forward the email to Bandai's customer service and see if they can sort it all out. If you're outside the U.S., I'm not exactly sure.

(And by the way, for those that got the real email, it says POTENTIAL winner because they don't declare you a winner unless you go through with the fax and submit it within 7-10 days. I was called a potential winner as well, and got the email on November 3rd. ;) )

~OM21

It's really, really funny.

I just got the Golden Tamagotchi in the mail today!!!!

Next time I'm just going to sign the stupid form...

Hehe...

Ps. I have 2308/2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back