Goldfish!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii-Kitty

Reaction score
Okay, I'm doing a science project, and I'm using (not hurting or testing in any way) A Goldfish and betta to see what one can learn how to go through a hoop first.

I know all about betta (siamese fighting fish) I had over 20, and breed them, that was a long time ago, and I gave most away, some died from old age (long time ago) a few from a fin tail desese that I tried saving them from, and I still have some (they're OLD) XD

But I've never had a goldfish! I need some info. NOT caring or keeping info, I'm sure I looked and do that well, but I need info on people who know...about the goldfish.

Like I know all the types of tail type of bettas

But what are some info on goldfish?

I have been looking it up, but I'm sure hearing it from an actuall "Goldfish Master" will help a lot :mellow:

Thanks!!!

They are often inbred to the point where they are too hideous to even look at.

^^Well, that's because people commonly purchase goldfish to feed to their turtles. :angry:

Goldfish have much longer memories than people realize. The 7-second memory thing is not true whatsoever. I have kept, and currently do keep, many goldfish of nearly every different variety over the years, and believe me they do learn things. My fish have ALL learned to recognize me and they swim like mad when they are hungry and they see me enter the room. They do not respond that way to anyone else, indicating that they do not forget who I am 7 seconds after they see me. :D

Also, read my story in my signature about Chiffon if you have not. Her story shows how even a goldie with no eyes can learn to feed on command. She lived for years doing this every day. It was not just chance or instinct I assure you.

^^Well, that's because people commonly purchase goldfish to feed to their turtles. :angry:
Goldfish have much longer memories than people realize. The 7-second memory thing is not true whatsoever. I have kept, and currently do keep, many goldfish of nearly every different variety over the years, and believe me they do learn things. My fish have ALL learned to recognize me and they swim like mad when they are hungry and they see me enter the room. They do not respond that way to anyone else, indicating that they do not forget who I am 7 seconds after they see me. :D

Also, read my story in my signature about Chiffon if you have not. Her story shows how even a goldie with no eyes can learn to feed on command. She lived for years doing this every day. It was not just chance or instinct I assure you.
Did Chiffons eggs hatch?

^^No, unfortunately they couldn't hatch. I would have loved to raise her babies...but the problem is, she lived her entire life alone. She never was around a male goldie in order to fertilize her eggs and produce babies. All the eggs she laid were infertile, and that's part of what was amazing, because generally female goldfish need to be chased around by a male fish in order to lay eggs. :D

^^No, unfortunately they couldn't hatch. I would have loved to raise her babies...but the problem is, she lived her entire life alone. She never was around a male goldie in order to fertilize her eggs and produce babies. All the eggs she laid were infertile, and that's part of what was amazing, because generally female goldfish need to be chased around by a male fish in order to lay eggs. :D
Thats a beautiful story. I am so glad there are people like you, AH. :eek:

Anyway, I've had both before. I've loved my Goldfish to pieces, as for my Beta...hes cool.

I've had by Fightie for 5 years now. Amazing, right? ^_^

I don't think there are any 'total goldfish masters' really. Fish don't generally live long enough, and unless you but alot of time into it...But., A look on Wiki could probably help.

Thanks, but my teacher wont allow wiki, he says people can edit it, so it's not good to use it. I did anyway XD

Goldfish can live to like 8 years (i've heared) So I'm sure some people know a lot about 'em :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back