Goths and Emos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

>...Missbehave...<

Reaction score
Yeah I know there was a topic about this but I haven't seen it around recently so I made a new one. So what do you think of them? I don't have anything against them since I'm Goth myself, I mean Emos are depressed for a reason. Sometimes a very serious reason. I hate the posers though, they think they're all cool and everything when they're like, not. I think Goths and Emos look dead cool anyway, as longs as the boys jeans aren't too tight round they're privates XD. I don't have anything against people who don't like them though because I'm everyone has different opinions on fashion as longs as they don't bully them for it or say something like "Goths and Emos are gay retards".

So anyways what do you think of them?

Oh jeez I've posted another topic in the wrong forum...AGAIN!!! Sorry can a guide please move this?

you have to PM a guide to get them to move the topic. but anyways, I don't have a problem with either one unless they're not obsessed with causeing harm to themselves, and they're willing to talk to people. But if all they do is mope around, cutting themselves and never saying a word, then i have issues.

I guess it's emos that i think of that way, and if they're the other way than i refer to them as goths, but yeah. As long as they're not OVERLY depressed than I'm fine with them.

The overly depressed ones must be bad to be friends with, I mean no offence but wouldn't they just mope and moan and refuse to cheer up or laugh or smile? Yeah

hmm.

well, personally, a lot of my friends consider themselves emo.

but they do laugh and smile, despite generally having the whole "life sucks" attitude.

I'd call myself an emo hippie.

take from that what you will.

I don't have anything against people who don't like them though because I'm everyone has different opinions on fashion as longs as they don't bully them for it or say something like "Goths and Emos are gay retards".
So anyways what do you think of them?
Well in the 80's being goth and punk meant something and now it is ruined because of stoopid posers and labelers. Emo isnt anything. It is just pathetic kids raised in high middle class that think that have hard lives and cut themselves. I mean there r people with hard lives but emos just want attention. -.-

I don't mind them. My uncle's g/f is goth, she's really nice.

Anyways, it's only the "lif sukz" kinda people that get me mad. I always say, "Check out the dying kids in Africa" but some just don't understand the reality of it.

Ug.

I find the idea of "Goths" and "Emos" really silly. I'm not saying it to be mean...the irony just cracks me up. Cuz when you're sad and your life is bad...aren't you supposed to cheer yourself up...not tear yourself down? :$

And I HATE titles like "Goth" "Prep" "Punk" "Nerd" and all the rest. It's like a mini caste system *shudders*

And it kind of angers me. I bet the Africans who eat 1 cent worth of food each day and only have one article of clothing that live in a mud-made house don't cut themselves or wallow in their sadness. They live their life to the fullest: cuz life is what YOU make it. Writing "Emo" poems and cutting yourself will only tear you down even more.

:(

This is just another reason why the world is becoming more of a sad place. Sometimes I wish that everyone could focus on how GOOD their life is...instead of whining and crying about how supposedly "BAD" their life is.

Well, that's just my opinion though. I don't mind if you disagree. It's important to consider everyone's opinions too. :(

Chatterbox

I find the idea of "Goths" and "Emos" really silly. I'm not saying it to be mean...the irony just cracks me up. Cuz when you're sad and your life is bad...aren't you supposed to cheer yourself up...not tear yourself down? :$
And I HATE titles like "Goth" "Prep" "Punk" "Nerd" and all the rest. It's like a mini caste system *shudders*

And it kind of angers me. I bet the Africans who eat 1 cent worth of food each day and only have one article of clothing that live in a mud-made house don't cut themselves or wallow in their sadness. They live their life to the fullest: cuz life is what YOU make it. Writing "Emo" poems and cutting yourself will only tear you down even more.

:(

This is just another reason why the world is becoming more of a sad place. Sometimes I wish that everyone could focus on how GOOD their life is...instead of whining and crying about how supposedly "BAD" their life is.

Well, that's just my opinion though. I don't mind if you disagree. It's important to consider everyone's opinions too. :(

Chatterbox
*applause*

You hit the nail on the head. ;]

Nya I'm not actually depressed goth, I just dress like one and listen to MCR and don't smile a lot. I'm not a poser, I just like the way they look. You could just call me "Some random kid who wears black and doesn't smile". I think there's only a few true Goths and Emos left in the world. And also, some Emos are depressed because they're depressed and others are depressed because their parents are abusive. Not the worse life in history, but not the best either. Anyway the Posers irritate me

B)

Well, that's just my opinion though. I don't mind if you disagree. It's important to consider everyone's opinions too. ;)

Chatterbox
I agree and really it goes for everyone- not just "scensters, emos and goths". We all take so much for advantage and when we do we find life isn't worth living.

I believe that your surroundings and backgroud only influence you- they don't make you and some of the happiest people close to litterally have nothing at all.

I have no problem with anyone as long as they don't have a problem with me. Simple as that.

Although I do have a problem with the kid who sits next to me in Maths and Vocabulary who thinks all Emo is is a hairstyle.

I think they are a style of dress. People shouldn't put stereotypes because someone dresses as goth. The emo posers irritate me because they run around like, "OMG, MY LIFE SUCKKKSS." And they think they have the right to do that because they dress in what they think is emo.

-exeunt-

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=7pt]Seriously...[/SIZE]

Every person I've ever met/seen who claims to be emo is just a poser. Wearing bright mismatched colours doesn't make you emo.

Having bangs to the side doesn't make you emo. Wearing skinny jeans doesn't make you emo.

These days, it seems like people WANT to be emo... but really, where is the logic in that? Is it fun being miserable? Does cutting yourself make you 'cool'?

Go find something worthwhile in your life, and stop drowning us in your self pity.

^People think I'm Emo because I wear black clothes, skinny jeans and have scrapes on my wrist (from my cats, I've tried to tell them about sixty times). Yeah as I've said posers suck, where I live most of the teens are all black clothed and white faces and out of all the Emos I've met, only ONE was a true Emo.

[SIZE=7pt]Seriously...[/SIZE]
Every person I've ever met/seen who claims to be emo is just a poser. Wearing bright mismatched colours doesn't make you emo.

Having bangs to the side doesn't make you emo. Wearing skinny jeans doesn't make you emo.

These days, it seems like people WANT to be emo... but really, where is the logic in that? Is it fun being miserable? Does cutting yourself make you 'cool'?

Go find something worthwhile in your life, and stop drowning us in your self pity.
Exactly. People are like "I wear skinny jeans I'm emo!"

Last edited by a moderator:
GOTHS:

To me goths are people who wear red,black and white that talk to the dead. Thats where the real meaning comes from they all sit and Humm and talk to the dead.

EMOS:

To me Emos are just normal people who are very depressed about life or something, and want to kill them selfs.

Those are my Points of View ( Opinons ) About Goths and Emos

~TP~ :mellow:

GOTHS:
To me goths are people who wear red,black and white that talk to the dead. Thats where the real meaning comes from they all sit and Humm and talk to the dead.

EMOS:

To me Emos are just normal people who are very depressed about life or something, and want to kill them selfs.

Those are my Points of View ( Opinons ) About Goths and Emos

~TP~ :(
AGH.

e.e Goths do not try to talk to the dead. You mean psychics on that bit.

Goths dress in dark colors that appear depressing or sinister to some people. -shrug- I don't know why people acuse them of being sinister or evil or freaks. Its a style of dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back