Goths and Emos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^Agreed Stride just acted like any one who's ever been depressed are retarded. It's a bit like racism really, only it's stylism (new word lol)

I think there are cool.I have considered going gothic, but not full out....just wereing black nail polish with awsome punk rock clothes and being myself nomatter wat anybody thinks. i think. emo and gothic ppl are just ppl who have a outward, independent, out look on life.Your life is a canvas paint it your way.It would be quite cool to have an emo or gothic friend that is like a total wierd-o.And let me make this clear to all the preps and nerds who think these things: Not all emo cut their sel, just cuz ppl r goth and emo doesn't mean they worship the devil....i know ppl who r christians but like the goth life,and just cuz they dress or act different doesn't mean they are differnt.

I think there are cool.I have considered going gothic, but not full out....just wereing black nail polish with awsome punk rock clothes and being myself nomatter wat anybody thinks. i think. emo and gothic ppl are just ppl who have a outward, independent, out look on life.Your life is a canvas paint it your way.It would be quite cool to have an emo or gothic friend that is like a total wierd-o.And let me make this clear to all the preps and nerds who think these things: Not all emo cut their sel, just cuz ppl r goth and emo doesn't mean they worship the devil....i know ppl who r christians but like the goth life,and just cuz they dress or act different doesn't mean they are differnt.
All...Hail...Satan...

Joking.

Yeah I know their styles, espeically goth. Goths are basically appearence but they act like normal people, Emos on the other side, well I've explained that.

An Emo is a depressed person who's depressed sometimes for a good reason, over times they just have depression problems. Most of the time they dress like goths and they cry a lot and slit their wrists. I have no idea why they slit their wrists. The term "Emo" comes from "Emotional Rock" but then it got turned into some silly label meaning "Emotional" or "Emotionally depressed".
Putting mental disorders into a label is one of the most ignorant things I can even think of.

I've been diagnosed with manic depression, I've cut for going on 7 years. I'm in no way emo.

There are people with real problems, and then there's emo.

Not the same thing.

Goths:people who simply just dress in all black,get pierced,ect...(ect on appeariance)Emos:Retarded teenagers who think their life is nothing and feel they should just throw it all away,but are just stupid and think this because their parents might try to discipline them.They just think they're bieng child abused,no one loves them,and all that crap.(crap isn't a bad word,trust me)And when I say the following I do say it "racist" terms.Usually it's white kids because they think their so perfect and everything is given to them,but when discipline comes along they just go bazerk.
I think, is by far, the most uneducated post I have EVER seen.

I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times.

LABELS are STUPID, and they DON'T MATTER in the real world.

When you're all 18-21, working/looking for a job, you're going to learn real quick the world didn't care if you rocked out to death cab for cutie, and wore dark clothes.

All the world is going to care about is your qualifications, if you pay taxes, and where to bury you when you die.

And as for the quoted text...

get an education.

And one additional thing I might add. Or maybe two.

Number one... emo is the word "emotional" basically shortened. And don't we all show emotion? Don't all bands put emotion into their songs? Be it Flo Rida to My Chemical Romance to the Postal Service to System of a Down to Garth Brooks. Everyone has emotions, shows emtions, and puts emotions into something daily.... so technically, by this definition, wouldn't we ALL be "emo"?

Second of all. I listen to every type of music imaginable. Rock, Alternative, Hip Hop, Rap, Punk, Ska, Ambient, Techno, Punk, Country... every single solitary bit of it I listen to. I feel that every genre of music has something amazing and wonderful to offer. Somedays I dress in a lot of dark colors, and do my makeup dramatically, other days I have a very bright wardrobe and wear a lot of bright makeup. I have my nose pierced, my ears pierced, and my lip pierced (not a traditional labret piercing, but a "fairy kiss" piercing). I have one tattoo and will be getting several more over the next few years.

When I was around 13, I realized that I had a cutting problem, as well as eating disorders. I still to this day have to live with the effects that both of those problems had upon my life then and even now.

My point is, I've had every "typical" symptom of being one label or another. Yet I choose to be who I am. Which is just me.

I am not the music I listen to, I am not the clothes I wear, and I am not the problems I have had or currently have. I am me. And that's all I will ever be.

Some of you should really learn to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back