Government Shutdown

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:SnazzyPizazz:.

Reaction score
Okay. Our government isn't perfect. I think someone would be pretty daft to believe that it is, past and current circumstances included. That being said, I think that it is utterly ridiculous that it would have to come to this. To my understanding, the "shutdown" is just a way of saying that the government will not be paying certain individuals who work for and depend on government support if they are deemed "non-essential". Those who are deemed essential (such as soldiers and intelligence workers) will be paid. But only for the first week or two. After that, only God knows. People of this nation who work hard will have to suffer because of this. All because of what? The government's irresponsibility to be punctual with their federal budget. The same government that charges a hefty fine if we even pay our taxes late.

Alright. So they messed up. And many people will have to pay the price for their mistake. America could even spiral back into a recession because of this. But my question is, when this whole "shutdown" is over, will there be some kind of consequence? Or will it just be overlooked? I'm pretty sure nothing will be done about it. Which is totally hypocritical and unfair in my opinion. But I guess that's politics for you.

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself. A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions.

- James Madison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back