Guinea Pigs! **Updated thread**

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frodo!
This is a picture I took of him right after I brought him home and got him set up in his new cage...it's huge! lol The cardboard box in the background was the box I carried him home in, and it has to serve as his hide-box for now. The store was out of "P"igloos. :( Oh well. I spent nearly all of my Christmas check from my Grandma, which was $100., getting him everything he needs, including a pig harness. :D

Right now he is relaxing in his new home, I will take him out again later after he settles in. He is SO sweet and calm, even though he is very young. He even gets along superbly with my Mom's pig, Franny. I might see how much it costs to have him neutered so they can live together, considering Franny is a girl. :huh: For now, their cages are side-by-side.

I'm really glad I got this little guy. I think he will be a great pet...and he's so cute!! ;)
Aww so cute! ^^

I think you will have a lot of fun with your guinea pig. I have a guinea pig myself. I will post pics later.
I am keeping my word. So here are some pics.

Moo Shoo pic #1

By the way.. You see the colorful cloth on him. We made him a bathing suit. He loves to wear it. Also He does not wear it all of the time.

Moo Shoo pic #2

Just a close up of his face.

Update to my thread. With pics.

I still have Frodo, and he is becoming quite the ornery piggy. He is super cute though, and has an excellent coat. He never really holds still...ever.....but maybe it is because he is still very young.

Frodo running around-New pic

I also brought home a second pig, who my boyfriend named Bilbo. :D I saw this pig in a pet store about 2 weeks before Christmas, along with a bunch of other guinea pigs. I really liked him and thought he was so neat looking, but I couldn't bring him home at the time. :D

3 weeks later, we were back at the pet store to buy some food for Frodo, and I just had a feeling that I should look to see if maybe...just maybe..... he was still there. Highly unlikely, but I just felt like it. I was shocked because he was still there...the only pig left in the store!!! I couldn't not buy him this time, so I brought himhome. He is the sweetest, most relaxed Guinea pig I've seen. :(

Bilbo on the recliner chair

Okay, mine is a BIG PIG story,

A while ago my mom went to they pet shop and asked for two female GPs. When they were in the store mom took me to pick them up. One was fluffy brown and white and the other was jet black and smooth, just before i left they did a gender check. The fluffy one i had named Shiloh cause thats my nickname and he was SO like me! The black one i called Midnite. Midnite was a girl! They asked me whether i wanted Shilo or Midnite. I was realy stressed and shed a cpuple tears, i loved them both! But my mom took me to the back of the store(thats when i started the tears cause no one could see. (just a few, im not a cry baby) But i loved Shilo so much (i really wanted girls tho) i picked him and took home a black BOY Gp and called him Midnite. You cant blame me for being upset, i was only 8! (it was a big decision) But unfortunaetly Midnite took sick and died. A lil while later my mums friend had to move and couldnt take her GP Byron(boy) so i took him in! Not so long ago Shilo just died, just like that. *snaps fingers* Later that day we went to the pet shop to buy fiood for Byron(hes very hungry and hes brown with ginger and white streaks) When i fell in lurv with the most CUTE grey GP but then i saw hes sweet lil bro. 2 cuties. I ended up with the soft brown one cause he liked me! I knew i was ready for anotha GP cause seeing an empty cage broke my heart! =( I called the lil brown one Buttons. =) I think i have a foto of Byron and Shilo in a box while i cleaned their cage...... lemme check

imageproxy.php
[/img]

(hope it worked!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, pics dont wanna work, ill try AGAIN!

imageproxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry i cant make it work!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill put it as my avvie for a while

I LOVE GUINEA PIGS!

I have 2, one called Milly and another called Mixie. They're both female.

This is my story of how i got 'em:

One Sunday when I was sick, my mum saw this ad in the newspaper about a guinea pig show. I was sick, but I didn't want to miss out on a chance to see guinea pigs again after William and Brownie died just under a year ago.

So we went to the show and I heard squeeks everywhere! Sounded like music to my ears after a long time without a single guinea pig. We watched the first judging, it was the pet section. They were judging "best baby". Of corse, i didn't know I was going to win "best baby" the following month.

After that section was finished, we got something to eat. I saw a cage full of baby guinea pigs near the corner of the hall. I asked mum if I could look at 'em, so we did.

I asked if i could buy one or two, so my mum asked the man when we would be able to buy them. He said in about two weeks. He asked ME which gender I wanted, but my mum interupted and said "we would prefer a female". There was only one female that we could have, because all the others were already been bought in advance. He handed her to me and I held her in my arms. She was black, brown and white. I loved her as soon as I picked her up!

We arranged that we would meet at the man's house so we could get the guinea pig.

After 2 weeks, we went to the man's house and picked up the guinea pig. I told mum that the guinea pig would be lonely all on it's own, so my mum asked how much the pure bred guinea pigs were. They were 20 bucks, but that didn't stop me! I bought a female rex, and we also got a birth certificate.

So we took them home and I tried to think of names.

I decided that perhaps I should use some of the names that we didn't use for my dog, molly. I kept the letter "M" and then changed the letters around a bit.

I came up with Mixie and Milly! I named the brown, black and white one Mixie and the rex, Milly.

Later on I joined the guinea pig club that I bought them from and I've only gone to 1 show, but I will CERTAINLY compete in more!

These are the awards that Mixie has won!

Best Baby of September 2006

Runner up Fancy dressed of September 2006

These are the awards that Milly has won:

Runner up best rex of September 2006

and a cool trophy for it too!

Well, that's my story. It's pretty long, but it was worth it.

Well Mixie and Milly will be one year old in June! So, I might give them a birthday party!

I love my guinea pigs, and hopefully, when (and if) I win more awards at the shows, Milly and Mixie will become cahmpion Class Guinea Pigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back