Hair

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguins.

Reaction score
Ohkay. So my mommy's flat iron just burned out. (It made a bang sound and stopped working)

I used it all the time too, and I really think it's my fault, since I was the last one using it before it banged.

So far, the internet's been a failure, so I'm hoping I have more success here.

Basically, I'm looking for something that will work for both of us.

Her hair is straight-wavy and thin.

Mine's thick and curly.

I want something that will work well.

It needs to have a full ceramic plate...none of that fake, ceramic coating.

I'm keeping my budget high, since I feel bad--so I'm aiming for possibly no more thank 100-120 dollars.

Cheaper is good too, but it shouldn't be crappy.

(The one I killed was $120)

Any suggestions?

Usually salons have really good ones. Or at least mine do, you can try there.

x.Rachel, i have that iron. what's so bad about it? it works fine for me D;

I hate Chi's. Here are some reasons ( I used one at a Salon ):

The plates don't even match up, It's poorly made

I have more layers in my hair, So since it took 2-3 times to straighten one piece of hair, it'll probably take me one hour to do the entire head.

When Buying a new flat iron, I checked out some Chi Reviews and found that a lot didn't last very long, and just fried out.

I have a Sedu <3 It's amazing. It has lots of heat settings, and makes your hair uber straight. I got This one. It came with a "shortie Styler" that's good for my bangs. Just remember to use heat protector, because It gets HOT

Good Luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about this: On sale too. :)

But...

je ne sais pas.

I'm not sure how good Conair is. Plus, it doesn't say if it has ceramic plates.

This one, too. I have a Vidal Sassoon curler and it's pretty good.

But I'm sort of leaning towards a Chi. I just don't know which one.

^ Diva, Knowing you have long hair, the Chi would suck D: I know from experiences.

Also, I got a Conair once and It sucked. It did NOTHING. I think it was the worst model though :I

Mine isn't that great. It's a Conair wet/dry one.

It's funny how they make the flat irons look fancy and expensive but they actually stink. xD

After Katie's post, I looked at this.

It sounds really good.

Plus, the free mini flat iron doesn't hurt either.

EDIT: I found our old one, so I'm kind of between getting the aforementioned one and this now.

When I want to straighten my bangs, I use my Mum's straightener. My hair's pretty straight. I spend more time looking for a decent curler.

I have no idea what brand it is. xD

Save up for a Chi, I have super thick hair, but it works so well.

I actually love Chi's. The hair dresser used one on my hair, and It was amazing. The Chi's get super steaming, and you can even do loose curls with the Chi, as it gets hot on the top of the ceramic plates as well. I looked on Ebay, and I found slightly used Chi's for around $60.

The original Chi's are on the cheaper side, as they aren't like newer ones, which have a digital heat setting, so you can get the exact temperature you desire.

Original Chi

Get a CHI

My sister has one and its awesome

also don't get a conair platinum... They suck x-x

This is the straightener I have: Infiniti by Conair

I love it. My hair is thick, curly and wavy and it works wonders. It makes my hair so soft :3

I use it everyday and my hair looks and feels healthy unlike most straighteners I've used. It works off steam, which conditions your hair and is safer than just crushing it between two hot plates. The hottest it gets(what I use) is 395 degrees F. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone. Char has the same one XD She's the reason I bought mine.

You can find them in stores like Target and some drug stores for around $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back