Hallucinations / sleep problems

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
I really need help. Seeing a doctor is not an option because my parents do not like doctors. :)

I'll start from the beginning

Two days ago, I went to someone's profile on another site and they had a picture of an evil-looking dog. I couldn't stop staring at it, and eventually I just broke down crying. That night I went to sleep and had a nightmare about the dog.

So, in the morning, I decided to find out what the dog was and I discovered it was "Smile Dog". I read the Smile Dog creepypasta. It didn't scare me, but I was somewhat surprised that the image was meant to give viewers nightmares and drive them insane, even leading to suicide. I knew the story was fake, and the nightmare described in the story was a lot different than mine, so I didn't really care. Then I saw the Smile Dog image again and cried again ;--;

Later at night, as I was using my computer, I was feeling all cautious and jittery for some reason. I couldn't stop shivering, and I was tearing up. I kept hearing freaky noises like footsteps, thumps, breathing, and they seemed to be right close to me. I got the idea that the sounds were coming from papa's room. Usually he's in there all the time but this time he was in the kitchen using the computer there instead. And so his room seemed so... spooky...

I kept looking behind me. I felt scared... I tried to ignore the noises but it was getting to be too much. Suddenly, my laptop's CD drive opened for no reason and I jumped, my heart pounding. It scared me so much but it was probably just my computer being a brat XP I looked around my room again and saw my TAMAGOTCHI P1 right near the slightly open door... I didn't see it there before! I didn't know how it could have gotten there. Now that I think about it, I had probably left it on my bed and it fell on the floor when I was making my bed. But still, I was creeped out at the time and thought that the Tamagotchi had been placed near the door to lure me... and then whatever was in the room would get me...

I felt silly, but I went to get my papa to check for me. I was stammering so much and I felt like I was about to pass out. He went into the room and found nothing, and I felt reassured after that. I picked up my Tamagotchi, feeling somewhat embarrassed, and then got into bed to sleep (it was 2:00am). But as soon as I turned the light off, I felt scared again. I kept shaking, and I felt like I was about to cry. I didn't want to get a nightmare again so I tried to stay awake. I was so exhausted, I soon was JUST about to fall asleep until I got a huge jolt and was wide awake.

I panicked, not knowing what was wrong with me. I hid under my blankets, feeling full of terror. I was just about to fall asleep again, but then I heard a sound like someone banging my window (only it too soft and in-my-head to really be someone banging on my window, so I thought it was er... ghosts?). It continued like this all night. I heard a bell going ding-dong, a baby crying, a strange non-Tamagotchi-like beep. Even the REAL sounds I heard made me panic; the sound of my own breathing and the sound of my tummy growling ono; and so I couldn't sleep at all, constantly being awakened by jolts and non-existant sounds.

At 7:00am I gave up on trying to sleep. I was still shivering, and I still felt uneasy. I went to the bathroom,and when I came back, I heard thumping coming from my closet. I involuntarily wailed and burst out crying as I jumped back. I think I almost had a heart attack. But then my cat popped out of my closet lol.

I later went to the library and was quite disoriented. Every little, sudden noise made me jump out of my skin. Someone on the street opened the door and I almost fell backwards. I even flinched at a car beeping their horn. At the library, I was STILL in panic mode. I began to cry because there were so many people in the library and I found it daunting.

I'm kinda okay now that I've taken a nap. I'm just afraid that I'll get hallucinations / nightmares / bad sleep AGAIN and then I'll go even more insane ;--;

I think the jolts I experience are these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Physically, hypnic jerks resemble the "jump" experienced by a person when startled,[1] often accompanied by a falling sensation.[2]

I've experienced these a LOT before but they always felt like the falling sensation. The hypnic jerks I got last night didn't feel like I was falling, just suddenly jerking awake as soon as I'm about to drift into sleep.

It's likely that I've got this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

I've experienced a lot of phenomena as listed in the article. Last night was just a lot, lot worse, probably from being spooked by the Smile Dog image oops =w=; I'd almost never been so afraid in my life ;-;

Anyway, I've read about people with hypnagogia seeing humans in their room! ;--; I don't want something like that to happen to me; the sounds were bad enough. I'm a really easily-frightened person; I didn't get over my fear of the dark until I was 13-14. I was fine with the dark for a while but now I think my fear might come back because of the terrible experiences I've had recently. Anyway, I'm afraid I'll go so insane that I'll die of shock or something and I'm really scared just thinking about that and I don't want to even TRY to sleep but if I don't I'll be even more sleep deprived..

Ahhh ;__; I need some advice on how to calm down / ignore the hallucinations and get a good night's rest. I talked to my mama about the problem but she told me "it was probably indigestion" so I assume she wasn't listening to a thing I was saying. :huh:

Sorry for the long topic, I'm just really miserable at the moment and I hate the feeling of being fearful ;-;

I'm sorry your parents don't understand what's going on.

As scary as it might feel to try and sleep again, you really do need to get some sleep. If you don't get enough sleep, it can make you more prone to panic/hallucinations/stress.

The most important thing to remember is that as scary as these things you're seeing might be, they CAN NOT hurt you. They might scare you, but you need to remember you're in your own room, in your own bed, and you're by yourself except for your Tamagotchis and cat.

Oh, and having your cat near you may help keep you feeling safe. It's always comforting to have a living thing next to you, helping you get through things. c:

If this starts happening again, and you are certain you can't get help, close your eyes and picture the most comforting things you can. Cuddle up with a blanket or hug your cat. You can also try and talk to someone (you don't even have to mention what you're seeing unless you're comfortable doing so).

PS: if ghosts do exist (you never know) they can not hurt you. They might be able to do strange things to what's around you, but they can't do anything to you directly.

Edit: Also, about the hypnic jerks, yeah I've had those a lot before. I used to get them all the time, but I only sometimes get them now. They annoy me, but they don't cause any real problems.

Always know that you are safe. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you know that most high schools offer counselors for talk therapy to help with these sort of things?

That being said, I think it's just a combination of overactive imagination and stress from lack of sleep. Lack of sleep really messes up the chemicals and hormones in your body that keep it balanced and stable, and can lead to more nightmares and hallucinations, both visual and audio. To counter this, you need sleep and a balanced diet. Exercise helps because it releases endorphins that can help relax you and enable you to have a more restful sleep.

At the moment I just think you're overreacting and need to get away from reading things online and stop labeling yourself. I seriously doubt you have any of that posted. You're just tricking your mind into thinking you have something and are psyching yourself out.

Take a break from the web, stop looking things up, exercise a bit, and get a good night's sleep. You'll be fine. :)

I have experience with hallucinations, so I completely understand what youre saying

Hypnagogia is more right before you go to sleep/after you wake up and wont really happen when up, about, and looking around

You were probably feeling stressed, maybe theres something else in your life thats contributing?

When you hear things its important to drown them out. Music, Tv, anything

My suggestion to you is maybe to put your fav show and put on head phones and just listen to that, if you hear anything just turn it up

Thats how I get by

Try daydreaming too and nap when possible

A very important thing is logic

When youre scared think of every possible thing it could be, it works to keep your mind off being scared and to take the 'supernatural' out I guess

Mine are triggered by sad, maybe talk to someone, just talk and real talk/type maybe something will come out that you dont know youre feeling

If they keep happening you can always come to me, I have a lot of coping techniques

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back