Harry Potter RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flora couldn't believe they found a Crumple-Horned Snornack! Sabrina immediately rushed to the library to get a spell to stun it.

"It would be amazing if we got its horn.." said Flora. The horns were extremely rare, and hard to find; if they stunned it, and got it, that would be amazing.

The Snornack was munching on some leaves right near the Whomping Willow, however the Willow seemed to not care about the little creature.

"That's weird, I wonder why the Whomping Willow isn't smashing the Snornack to bits," muttered Flora. Suddenly, the Crumple Horned Snornack went to the tree trunk

and disappeared. What? Where was it? thought Flora. At dinner, Flora and Katherine found Sabrina writing a letter at the Gryffindor table. They both sat down next to her.

"Hey, Sabrina. About that Snornack, it just disappeared by the Whomping Willow. I don't know what happened to it. Maybe we should check it out tomorrow."

"Yeah, we should probably check it out tomorrow." Sabrina said as she watched Snowy fly out through the window. "Tomorrow's Halloween, remember?" she said as she finished eating a treacle tart. Sabrina drank the rest of her pumpkin juice and headed over to the Gryffindor common room. Sabrina had a mountain of homework that she needed to finish. She decided that she would do her potions homework first because she was so good at it. When Sabrina finished her homework, she went over to her bag to grab her light blue ball of yarn so that she could work on knitting a Christmas present for Katherine. She and Katherine were getting to be very good friends. Sabrina had just finished 22 rows of a baby blue bag for Katherine. Sabrina was heading over to the girls' dormitory, when she saw Snowy following her with a letter clutched to his feet. Sabrina gave Snowy an owl treat and took the letter.

Dear Sabrina,

Your adventures are all very interesting. Dad's not feeling very well and he has a cold. I'm very busy taking care of Dad, so try not to send me any owls.

Hope to see you on the Holidays!

Love,

Mom

Sabrina finished reading the quick letter from her Mom and slowly climbed into the four poster bed.

Katherine couldn't believe her eyes looking at the Snornack. She had never seen one before. Before she could take a second look, it was gone, just like that.

W-what??? she thought. Maybe I'm seeing things..

But she wasn't, because Sabrina and Flora had seen it too. Sabrina was already rushing off to the library. Katherine couldn't keep up.

Things are certainly getting strange around here... Remembering that tomorrow was Halloween, she thought and it's probably going to get a lot stranger...

At dinner, Katherine piled her plate high with fried chicken and a large baked potato. She was starving! All that homework really made her work up an appetite. She went over to Katherine and Flora. Sabrina was sharing all the information she had learned about the Crumple-Horned Snornack.

"Wow, maybe somehow we can stun it. It'll be hard though," Katherine remarked.

Later that night, Katherine climbed into bed. She was just closing her eyes when there was a thump and a heavy weight on her chest.

"Oof!" Katherine grunted and looked up to see Salmon staring at her.

"Salmon! Don't scare me like that!" she whispered, smiling.

Salmon nudged up against her cheek and finally curled up next to her pillow. Katherine fell asleep to the sound of Salmon's low purr.

Flora went to bed that night, thinking about everything that happened. She realized that with everything that happened, she had forgotten about the incident on the first day of school.

The next morning, There was a large present by Flora's bed. She opened it, and a large bounty of candy spilled out, along with a small card. Flora picked up the card. It said:

Happy Halloween Flora! Hope you're having a wonderful time at Hogwarts.

Lots of love from your parents

Flora smiled. She completely forgot about Halloween, with all her schoolwork. She was about to go to the Great Hall, when she heard screaming coming from it.

Too late to join? If so, inform me. :)

Name: Scarlet Steene

Year: 2nd

House: (your house will be chosen later in the story if first year) Gryffindor

Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes and normal height.

Personality: Kind, caring, stubborn, rude at times.

Type of Wand: (i recommend using this wand generator https://www.kidpub.co...erator-83590748): Birch, phoenix wing feather, light, Defensive/Protective spells, 9 1/2 inches, Tan with unicorn horn like handle.

Pet: (if any) Brown dog named Ginger.

Anything Else: N/A

Name: Serenity Skaylor

Year: 1st

House: NA
Appearance: Long blonde hair usually tied back, crystal blue eyes, short; about 5'2"

Personality: Friendly, bubbly, loves people

Type of Wand: Yew, Dragon heartstring core, ideal for jinxes and hexes. Long with a dragon head handle.

Pet: A pure white cat with crystal eyes the same color as hers.

Anything else: NA

Katherine woke up early the next morning to the sound of scratching and scruffling. She looked up to see salmon pawing at a small bag that was by her bed.

"Salmon! Stop that!" she whispered.

Katherine knelt on the floor next to Salmon, who's tail whipped impatiently. She carefully untied the orange ribbon around the purple package. Inside was a few packages of chocolate frogs and a note from her mother. Also inside was a package of cat treats for Salmon. Katherine smiled at Salmon and then gave him a few cat treats. She then read the note written in her mother's beautiful scrawling purple handwriting.

Happy Halloween, Katherine! I hope you and Salmon enjoy these treats! Have a great day!

Love,

Mom

It was no surprise that her dad didn't send anything or even sign the note. He was a muggle who loved Katherine's mother but for some reason was absolutely disgusted with her. They were always fighting at home, mostly about Katherine.

She tucked the note and the chocolate frogs into her pocket and stood up. A scream came from the great hall. She ran to find out what it was.

As Flora continued to approach the Great Hall, the screaming was louder. She broke into a run and finally stopped at the Great Hall. What she saw looked horrifying.

In the center of the hall stood a giant lion with an extra goat head and a snake as a tale. Flora remembered reading about the creature from her book of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: it was a Chimera. The Chimera was growling at a smal first year, and looked is if it were about to pounce on it. The girl was screaming at the top of her lungs, dead still in front of the Chimera.

"Don't move!" shouted a seventh year, "I'm going to get the professors!" then he ran out of the Great Hall. Flora's stomach reeled. The professors wouldn't get there in time. She ran up to the group of people.

"They'll never make it! We have to all stun the Chimera outselves!" Other students nodded, some muttered, and a small amount shook their heads.

"She's right," said a fifth year, "we all stun it. Everyone raise their wands up..." most of the crowd all raised their wands.

"Three...two.....one.....NOW!" dozens of curses flew at the Chimera, instantly knocking it out.

(Yes! You can join too! Have fun in the Wizarding World!)

Sabrina heard the loud shriek and slowly climbed out of her bed shaking. Sabrina tip-toed across the room and whispered the password to the fat lady. The door swung open and Sabrina stared awestruck at the enormous creature. Sabrina had once run across reading about this creature when she had been looking for spells in the library. It was a Chimera. Sabrina saw that it wasn't dangerous because it was knocked out. Sabrina then caught sight of Flora. "Flora?" Sabrina said in a soft voice. "Flora, what happened?" Sabrina asked looking at a dent between the staircase and the Gryffindor common room.

Flora stared in amazement at the knocked-out Chimera laying in the center of the Great Hall. There was a silence of students, all of them with their wands raised, staring at the great monster. Finally, a scared second-year spoke.

"Did-did we kill it?" The tension broke. Students lowered their wands, and suddenly the headmaster, along with a line of Professors following him, burst into the Great Hall. The headmaster went over to the Chimera, while the other Professors herded the students out of the Great Hall, telling them to all go back to their common rooms until further notice. While walking back to her room, Flora caught sight of Sabrina near her common room. She asked what happened. Flora shivered.

"It was a Chimera. He-he was about to attack a student." Flora's voice shook a little. "All of us - the students - managed to all stun it before it attacked, though. Then, the professors came along with the headmaster and they told us to remain in our common rooms."

Katherine stood with her wand still poised in the air, hands shaking. How did a chimera get in here?? She glanced over at Sabrina, whose eyes were wide. Before she got a chance to say a word to either Sabrina or Flora, she was herded off to her common room with the rest of the Ravenclaws.

Back at the common room, students sat in the chairs or on their beds. Everyone was completely silent. Katherine wished they weren't. She longed to be able to talk to Sabrina and Flora, but she couldn't.

Katherine sighed heavily and began to walk to her dorm. She was almost through the door when she heard the familiar nasally voices of Alexia and Elizabeth. Normally, Katherine couldn't possibly care less about their gossip, but their words caught her attention.

"I bet he wasn't expecting everyone to stun it like that.... He'll be furious... What'll he do next?"

Who's "he"? Suddenly Katherine felt a sneeze coming on that she couldn't avoid.

"Achoo!"

"Who's there?" Alexia squeaked, narrowing her eyes.

Katherine stepped into the dorm.

"It's just me," she said quietly.

"Ohhh, Katherine! Hi!" her voice resumed it's usual pitch. "Wanna try some of my new hand sanitizer? It's cherry scented with sparkles!"

"N-no thanks," Katherine replied.

She walked over to her bed and stuffed her face into her pillow, trying not to inhale the noxious fumes of the hand sanitizer, which she could smell from 5 feet away. Halloween was not going well.

Flora waited anxiously in her common room, sitting in her bed, stroking her pink pygmy puff which was laying in her lap for what seemed like ages. She had a stack of homework to do, but just didn't feel up to it. She wanted to talk to the others about it....but she wasn't aloud out of the common room. Flora stood up a bit quickly, and realized Willow the pygmy puff was still in her lap, but it was too late. Willow toppled over onto the floor and did a few somersaults before he finally came to a stop. Flora gasped.

"I'm sorry, Willow! I forgot you were there, the day has been so crazy..." Willow grunted and jumped back onto Flora's bed. Flora pursed her lips and strode over to the window and opened the blinds so she could see in. The sun had barely risen.

Flora turned around. Girls all around her were chatting inanimately, looking oblivious. Some were talking about how awesome it was that there were no classes, others were gossiping about the Chimera. As Flora looked at the girls, she realized some were glancing at her and she caught some of the words they were saying as the looked at her.

"The one who told everyone to stun it.." "...Pretty brave of her..." "...Only a third year..."

Flora blushed and strode back to her bed. She hated attention. Suddenly, the common room doors opened. Professor Sicily, the Potions teacher, appeared.

"Sorry about that! You may all resume your regular classes," she said, then opened the other doors. Most girls quietly grabbed their books and walked out, although a few grumbled about not wanting to go to class but got their books and went anyway.

Flora grabbed her books and threaded through the hallways, intent on finding either Katherine or Sabrina to talk about the Chimera.

(Sorry for not posting in a while! I've been busy!)

Sabrina headed her way over to the library. She needed something to read other than boring old text books about the history of magic. She needed something that could possibly mix things up. Something like... Then it came to her. But before she could even get anywhere near the library, she bumped into Flora. "Oh! Hey Flora! I had this plan that we could use for something new to do. Wanna hear?" Sabrina asked Flora.

Flora had a free period anyway, so she decided to go to the library to study. However, on her way there, she caught Sabrina calling her name; she told Flora she had a plan. Flora nodded, feeling curious and hoped it was about the chimera.

"Yeah, alright. I have a free period, too," Flora said, smiling.

Katherine staggered lightheadedly out of the dorms, finally breathing some non-cherry-scented air. She checked her schedule and saw that she had freetime.

I should go to the library, she thought. I have so much homework from potions...

As she entered the library she saw Flora and Sabrina sitting at a table. She walked over to them.

"Hey guys, what's up?"

Ashley was poring over a book, starting her homework. This will take forever, she thought. She let out a sigh as she scanned the pages for answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back