Have you ever opened up your tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexi~Gotchi

Reaction score
I was just thinking about when I opened up my v.3 tamagotchi, and how I had no idea what I was doing, even though it was my most cherished tama ever.

When I opened it up my main goal was to fix the screen, but i ended up cleaning it too (It was like hot sauce was inside of the darned thing!) I also ended up almost ruining it, but hey, it was my first time, NOT MY FAULT! (so it was actually..) the problem with my v.3 is that the screen which is supposed to be connected to the chip (or maybe thats just on the v.6..) was just loose, so i also had no idea i was touching "the dreaded big black blob" but i put my fingers all over it! ANYWAY, the first time I put the thing back together the screen wasn't in order! i had the pixel screen BEHIND the background paper!

I still giggle at the thought of how airheaded i was being ^-^

do you have any weird storys about opening tamagotchis?

Edit: spelling fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, I've been there. :lol: I've opened up a few of my Tamagotchis loads of times, especially my very first one, a P2, and my Tamagotchi Angel. I don't know whether I have any weird stories, but I've definitely put things out of order (and then had to open it back again to fix it), placed things upside down, had missing pixels, loose spacers, etc. Despite the fact that it's frustrating to open one up at times, it's definitely cool to know your Tamagotchi in that respect. Trial and error. Fun times, fun times. XD

ohhhhh yes. I remember back in 2008 my frend called me up and said "my tamagotchi v4 fell in the toilet". so she came over and we took the thing apart. this was along time ago so I dident really have a clue how delicate the inside of a tama was. so after like 20 minutes i got all the screws out and riped the shell apart. I broke the sound wire, then we got all the rest of the screws out and I did one of the worst things you can do to a tama, I riped of the little screen connectors. so when we put it back together It did'nt work. it was sadening :lol:

I've opened tamas a bunch of times. Usually for some sort of repair. My mom and I re-soldered the sound wire on my teku teku angel Pooh edition. I also replaced buttons on my one tamagotchi angel. In a vintage tama I bought recently, I had to clean some gunk off the left hand button contact. Another I bought recently had terrible battery leakage all over the inside so I needed to open it up to clean that out,

One story didn't go so well though. One time I was repairing buttons on a vintage tama, I put the long inner body screws in the hole where the battery door screw goes. I forced the screw in so far it cracked my screen. My poor tama was done for. I've learned from that mistake.

For all out tamagotchi repair-people out there, keep the inner body screws in their respective holes so you never mix them up like I did.

Ah, yeah. I thought my V3 (like you I love it), was going to explode because it kept ticking. I was desperate, and so opened I went. But I did not go that deep... :) :D :huh:

I have and I think my sister hates me because of it! I wanted to try debugging a tama, and I didnt want to use one of mine, so I asked my sister for her v5 (she wasnt using it anyway!) and I tried, and I killed it. :) She got really mad, but then said, "I don't care, I don't play with them anyway!" She has a v6, and I think she forgot about it...

I have with my v4.5 since when I was brushing my teeth once instead of spitting the water into the sink

(I was currently playing a game while brushing my teeth) it got on my tamagotchi so I had to take apart

my tamagotchi and all I had to do was take out the buttons and wipe them off, all beter! Though I did loose

the reset button cause of this.

my version 2 i opened up to see if i could change the background, and now the buttons are out-of-place and unusable, ive been trying to fix it but the a screw broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back