Hearing Loss

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereEaglesDare

Reaction score
I've been blasting my earphones for the past 4 years and I went to concerts every weekend in 9th grade. Now it's coming back to bite me. I think I'm actually starting to lose my hearing. I mishear people constantly every day and things that are supposedly loud don't seem that loud to me. My friends tease me about it and take advantage of me. But I'm not sure what to do about it. I mean I should probably talk to someone, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, when you go to the doctors ask them if you could have a hearing test. They should give you one, whether or not it is a year for you to have one. They will be able to see if you actually do have hearing loss, and if you do, they can help you with it.

I have a similar problem, but I did nothing to ruin my ears. I can never hear anyone say anything. If a friend is ten feet behind me in the hallway yelling my name, I can't hear them. So they all tease me. And half the time when someone says something to me and I've asked them 'what?' three times and they've repeated themselves three times, I just nod and say yeah. It has certainly caused me embarrassment when people are asking me a question that is not a yes or no question. However, I do well on all hearing tests. I only have issues if there are other people talking around me. I get a 'sensory overload' or something and can't hear anything but a bunch of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back