Help to recognize a p1/p2 Tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tama_Tarots

Reaction score
Hi!
I just found this shop that apparently sell p1 and p2 used tamagotchis. The problem is that the seller don't specify which version this tama is!
I reasearch a lot for understand it, and I think it is a p1, but there is a particular that leave me confused yet (i put an image): in the retro, up the japanese stickers, there is a text that reads "v2".
Sooooo, I'm missing something? Or maybe this is an indication for the batteries and it has nothing to do with the tamagotchi version? Let me know.
Just in case some of you can tell me if the site is reliable? This tama seems too convenient... I saw lot of them (not particulary rare) around 70-100€ in europe!
IMG_20220530_153248_1.jpg
IMG_20220530_153253-441x587.jpg

Hi!
I just found a shop that apparently sell p1 and p2 used tamagotchis. The problem is that the seller don't specify which version this tama is!
I reasearch a lot for understand it, and I think it is a p1, but there is a particular that leave me confused yet (i put an image): in the retro, up the japanese stickers, there is a text that reads "v2".
Sooooo, I'm missing something? Or maybe this is an indication for the batteries and it has nothing to do with the tamagotchi version? Let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_153253-441x587.jpg
    IMG_20220530_153253-441x587.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
in the retro, up the japanese stickers, there is a text that reads "v2".
Sooooo, I'm missing something? Or maybe this is an indication for the batteries and it has nothing to do with the tamagotchi version?
The shell is translucent, so that text is actually showing through from the inside and appears backwards from the outside - it says "5V LR44", so it is indeed about the batteries. :smile2:

As an aside, you can differentiate Gen 1 and Gen 2 Tamagotchis by looking at the background of the screen. This is indeed a Gen 1.

Thank you so much for confirm me this. I'm not so confident with my capacity of recognize tamagotchi versions yet, so I'm always have lot of doubts. Many many thanks ^^

Ugh I can't stand this trend of labeling all P1s and P2s as just "P1/P2" as if it's one thing??? It's all over eBay as well.

Looking at the background is the easiest way to tell, like Penguin said. Under the "Design" section of the wiki article you can see the two different designs to help you differentiate:

https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_(1996_Pet)
There's also the shells which you can look at on the shell list:

https://tamagotchi.fandom.com/wiki/Tamagotchi_(1996_Pet)/Shell_list
These are organized by version as well. You can see this translucent blue is listed as a P1.

As for this one, I know it's a P1 because it's the same shell as the first Tamagotchi I ever owned :) This one was released in both JP and EN versions P1.

Just in case some of you can tell me if the site is reliable? This tama seems too convenient... I saw lot of them (not particulary rare) around 70-100€ in europe!
I have purchased from Boutique-Tamagotchis, and it was a good experience.

Latest posts

Back