Help?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTama

Reaction score
I know what Karma is.

I have a lot of questions, though.

1. I was just noticing that people who have had a lot of topics closed tend to have low Karma.

But... what if you ASK to have a topic closed? Or it was not your fault (eg. the topic was bumped)? Do you still reduce in Karma? Or do the Guides actually hand it out, as opposed to a computer giving it to the people whose topics get closed? I'm SO confused :lol: , aren't I? :eek:

2. Is yellow Karma good or bad?

3. Is it true that green Karma "grows" to the right and bad Karma "grows" to the left? Because I have been observing certain members whose Karma has been steadily growing green, toward the right.

That's all, I think.

StarTama :blink:

You really need to read the Pinned topic about Karma in the TT News and Announcement section:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=67162

The idea of karma is to reward good behaviour and discourage bad behaviour - it really is that simple.. ;)

Ask yourself - does this seem like the kind of site that would rush to give ppl negative karma if they asked for their own topic to be closed (especially if it wasn't their fault... ?) :mellow:

Whilst you are in the News and Announcements section you might want to read up on Admin's explanation of the numbers and colours system too :angry:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=71567

Happy reading :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks TamaMum. I think I understand it more now... I read the topic before but it makes more since after all my, er, case studies of people who have rapidly changing Karma. So,

<5[ ]5> probably is like... <is the Down Karma Arrow 5 is the number down [ ] means nothing 5 is the number up > is the Up Arrow. I think! ;) Oh, well. Still. If yellow good or bad? And can you get bad Karma if you ask for a topic to be closed / edited / changed? Because when one of my topics got bumped, I asked for it to be closed, and it was. Assuming it was an OK topic (It was. A bit newbie-ish, but still OK!)... what would happen? Admin says "it's all up to you now". Does that mean it's automatic? Like, topic closed, topic starter penalized?

From the still confused :D

StarTama :blink: :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back