Hey Non TamaTalk

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really want to know, go Wikipedia it.

I need names, not to explain what an Aibo is.

Bruno, Sammy, Rocky, Gizmo, Gadget, Spork (I dunno... LoLz) Junior, Jasper, Tic-Tac...

And I searched the aibo, they sound cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that's very lucky. <_< I heard Aibo's are good fun, and they sure are expensive. I don't own one, but they sound fun - so I hope you enjoy him when he gets to your house. <_<

How about:

Lollopy

Lollopy Tongue (hahaha)

Rubber

Claw

Slobber

Bounce

Pounce

Sniff

Pongo

Ping

Jump / Jumpy / Jumper

Number

Cinco (pronounced Think-oh)

Sam

Zingo

I guess I could go on with names, but I would be stuck among these. <_<

Have fun naming him!

Texton.

Oh so random. <_<

I found this on wiki,This should stop all questions.

AIBO (Artificial Intelligence roBOt, also means "love" or "attachment" in Japanese) is one of several types of robotic pets designed and manufactured by Sony; there have been several different models since their introduction in 1999. Able to walk, "see" its environment via camera, and recognize spoken commands, they are considered to be autonomous robots, since they are able to learn and mature based on external stimuli from their owner or environment, or from other AIBOs. Artist Hajime Sorayama created the initial designs for the AIBO.
On January 26, 2006 Sony announced that it would discontinue AIBO and several other products. It will also stop development of the QRIO robot. AIBO will still be supported until 2013 (ERS7 model), however, and AIBO technology will continue to be developed for use in other consumer products. [1] [2] AIBOware (the name is a trademark of Sony corporation), is the title given to the software the AIBO runs on its pink Memory Stick. The Life AIBOware allows the robot to be raised from pup to fully grown adult while going through various stages of development as its owner interacts with it. The Explorer AIBOware allows the owner to interact with a fully mature robot able to understand (though not necessarily willing to obey) 100 voice commands. Without the AIBOware, the AIBO will run in what is called "clinic mode" and can only perform basic actions.

Many AIBO owners enjoy teaching their pets new behaviors by reprogramming them (in Sony's special 'R-CODE' language). However, in October of 2001, Sony sent a cease-and-desist notice to the webmaster of aibopet.com/aibohack.com, demanding that he stop distributing code that was retrieved by bypassing the copy prevention mechanisms of the robot. Eventually, in the face of many outraged AIBO owners, see the protest letter, Sony released a programmer's kit for 'non-commercial' use. The kit has now been expanded into three distinct tools: R-CODE, AIBO Remote Framework, and the OPEN-R SDK. These three tools are combined under the name AIBO SDE (Software Development Environment). All of these tools are free to download and can be used for commercial or non-commercial use (Except for the OPEN-R SDK, which is specifically for non-commercial use). Since the first release of OPEN-R, several AIBO programming tools have been developed by university labs, including URBI, Tekkotsu, Pyro and Cognitive Vision.

The AIBO has seen use as an inexpensive platform for artificial intelligence research, because it integrates a computer, vision system, and articulators in a package vastly cheaper than conventional research robots. The RoboCup autonomous soccer competition has a "Sony Four-Legged Robot League" in which numerous institutions from around the world participate. Competitors program a team of AIBO robots to play games of autonomous robot soccer against other competing teams.

AIBO's complete vision system uses the SIFT algorithm, to recognise its charging station. The newest versions are equipped with a Wi-Fi connection, allowing them to send the pictures they take via email. As a result, the Roblog originated.

AIBO's sounds were programmed by Japanese DJ/avant-garde composer Nobukazu Takemura, considered by many to be highly skilled at fusing mechanic and organic concepts, and the bodies of the "3x" series (Latte and Macaron, the round-headed AIBOs released in 2001) were designed by visual artist Katsura Moshino.
Or see the article:Here

Julian

Tyler

Evan

Adrian

Joshua

Jonah

Sam/Sammie

Chris

Harry

Allen

Greg

Doug

Douglas

Adam

Craig

Chad

I better stop...before I explode with guy names...I surprised myself, I'm a girl!

HAHAHAH. 

That made me laugh in real life.

They're $700+ hun.

They.

Are.

Not.

Toys.
700 dollars is a ton of money to pay for a (not) toy..... i would so buy a car... anyways thats not the point to point is... i think you should name it Rex, Ty, or Nomar.

$700 is a lot of money, but some people do have enough money to buy an AIBO, or they save for quite a long time and then purchase one. People do have them, and you never know who around here could afford one. :rolleyes:

You could go for something classic like

Spike

Bowser

Scout

Or something more modern like

Marley

Chester(I like that one)

Billy

Flash

Blackthorn(Had a German Shepherd named that, was the family protector)

Yes, though, many people do not have one and never will because they prefer to spend their money on important things such as food and clothes. Sorry if that sounded mean but I extremely dislike it when people boast about their material items and tell people that they shouldn't get one because it costs 700$.

And also, it is a toy, because it says so on the box "CAUTION - ELECTRIC TOY"

Intended for use of children 8 and up.

HAHAHAH. 

That made me laugh in real life.

They're $700+ hun.

They.

Are.

Not.

Toys.
I know. I know A LOT about Aibo. My parents said they'll most likely get me one. And YES I told them the price when I saw this post. I knew they were around that much but I jus wanted to be sure.

Okay.

I really want to flame a TON of people right now, but I don't want any bad karma.

Since you guys insist on focusing your attention on how much he costs, and not on suggesting names,

I want a guide to close this.

Everyone that said 'omgomgomg MONEY1!1!!!'

Or

'yeah, i can get one lloolol. my parnents r gonna buy me one'

lose my respect.

Boooo.

D:<

@ Angel~Mizuki

If you REALLY did know a lot about Aibos, as you claimed, you would know how much they cost.

I mean common.

You FAIL.

C:

I say yuo could name it Ty, Argenta, or Kewine. Heh, the last two were a little bit random, but I liked 'em! lol

I really like the name Shadow!!!

(and btw, if Nummy wants to use her hard earned money on something that she wants, let her. Sometimes, you need to let people splurge on these things. And i think it's good that Nummy is warning people not to get one. If they get bored with it the minute they get it, how mad do you think the parents are going to be?

and I don't think $700 is that much. Some celebrities buy clothes (as someone stated was important, and they are) or gowns or dress for well into the millions and they only wear them once because of fear of being on the "Worst Dressed list")

BUT SHADOW IS AN AWESOME NAME!

-bamcr

hmm.....

Link! wait it's black.....Dark Link! Shadow Link! xD (yes I'm a mega zelda fan :blink: )

Wolf?

Wolf link?

Zant?

Onyx?

Flint? or Flynt :)

......Twili?

*running out of ideas already* xD

edit: ooh! ooh! um...Pit! Leon! .....uhhhh...... Krypto! (sp?) (super dog)

dats all i can think of right now..

Alright guys, I was afraid that this might happen. There is no need for a war to start over a toy and someone's decision to purchase it.

My point was that if one person around here can afford it, so can someone else, so there is no need to be rude to those who want to and very well may purchase one. There are lots of children who get bicycles for Christmas, and many of those can cost $500-$1000 or more. People can afford them, so please refrain from knocking down another person's ideas if you don't know their situation. That goes for everyone, if a similar situation arises later on here at TT or just in your everyday lives. :unsure:

I'm closing this because honestly, this isn't a big enough issue to fight over. And, there are a LOT of great names here to choose from. :furawatchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back