Hi I'm Carbunkle

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbunkle

Reaction score
Hi, I'm kind of new here and I am not a Tamagotchi owner but I will be getting one Sept. 16, My birthday, I have a few questions to ask, 1.) Will my Tamagotchi affect my school life, like interupt me in class or is there like a rumble button instead of beeping? 2.) How loud is the beeping anyway? 3.) Do any of you go to Liberty Middle School in Orlando, FL, because that is where I go and maybe we can connect in the hallway? 4.) Can we set it's lunch times and any other beeping reactions, becuase I don't want to end up beeping during class? 5.) Please do not tease me for my stupid jokes, like does the smell come out when they take a dump? :)

PS. Please answer before september 16, Thanks in advance, oh, and how old are you all becuase I don't wanna be in a baby organization, I'll be 13 on sept. 16.

Lol! Hey Carbunkle! ^^ Good to have you hear! Congratulations on your Tamagotchi you are getting. Answers for your questions.

1.) It can affect your school life if you choose to let it. You can turn off the sound (sorry, no rumbling) but you wouldn't know when your Tamagotchi needs you! I'm receiving my Tamagotchi Plus in the mail either tomorrow, or sometime soon, and what I plan to do with it at school, is just have it paused and then between classes, maybe unpause it to play and feed it. I've heard of two ways people have been pausing their Tamagotchis. Either by inserting the tab back into the slot, or by going to the clock and then pushing A and then C at the same time (so the setting the time mode comes up) and just leave it in that stage, and no time will pass as far as your Tamagotchi is concerned!

2.) I'm not actually sure how loud the beeping is for these versions, If I can remember correctly, the original's was pretty loud. But it won't be a problem if you have the sound turned off or choose to pause your Tamagotchi.

3.) Sorry, I live in Minnesota, but I've been to Tampa before, not that that helps. x)

4.) Tamagotchis really don't have one specific 'lunch time' Tamagod's website forum thing has an excellent section where it tells you how many times you need to feed your Tama (at different stages of its life) the time intervals between feeding times. You could set the clock differently, but you still wouldn’t know when it beeps for food, and messing with the clock isn't the best thing to be doing if it’s not necessary.

Tamagod's section on Specie Specifics:

https://www.tama-go.org/index/index.php?opt...&id=9&Itemid=27

5.) No, Tamagotchis do not have special sensory features, they will not emit any 'odors' xD However, they will beep when they need to, or have gone to the bathroom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to TamaTalk! Glad to have you join us. :)

To answer the last remaining question... You aren't in a baby organization... We have a nice range of ages from 13 to late 20s...

-Admin-

Oh yes. I’ll be 16 on January 16th. We have the same number dates for our birthdays! o: Special.

So yeah, you might actually be at the tail end of the age group. Which isn't a bad thing, because my friends tease me all the time about how when I'm forty, they'll still be 39. What brats. ):

Will putting the tab back in the slot affect my tamagotchi or just puase it?

PS. Thanks for all the help, at the old forum I was at people cursed talked about murdering people and didn't treat me and my sister kindly. They would tell us we were annoying(excuse the spelling, if needed) and stupid. I make videogames with a computer program, and unfortunatley that had to be the forum. So unfortunatley I got no help. Oh, and sorry if I am being annoying telling you this long story.

PS. Thanks for all the help, at the old forum I was at people cursed talked about murdering people and didn't treat me and my sister kindly. They would tell us we were annoying(excuse the spelling, if needed) and stupid. I make videogames with a computer program, and unfortunatley that had to be the forum. So unfortunatley I got no help. Oh, and sorry if I am being annoying telling you this long story.
no you arent being annoying :)

about the beeping is it definately loud enough to be heard by the teacher if it beeps in class

plus a few alterations to make to peoples posts

admin - i think the oldest here is 35

rainspike - also you can pause your tama by holding A then pressing B

ive been to orlando :lol: (i live in UK) i stayed in a place on international drive ....

The people at the fourm you used to go to sound like jerks. Don't worry people at TamaTalk are kind are always willing to help out.

no you arent being annoying :unsure:
about the beeping is it definately loud enough to be heard by the teacher if it beeps in class

ive been to orlando :D (i live in UK) i stayed in a place on international drive ....
Ahhhhhhh! I live near international drive excuse the spelling

no you arent being annoying :unsure:

ive been to orlando :D (i live in UK) i stayed in a place on international drive ....
Ah. That must just be the Connection and Connexions that you can pause it that way then?

As for putting the slot back into your Tama, I would strongly advise you to just hit A and B (if you Have Connection) and pausing it that way, or using the time-setting way to pause it.

I have never really tried myself (as far as putting the tab back in) And I don't plan to. I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (on this board, or a site, I don't remember ><), that putting the tab in, and then taking it out later is almost like resetting your Tama, it will ask you if you want to continue (or something) and then if you select yes, it will supposedly start your Tama up at the last major event you did (like connecting with another Tama).

I really wish I could find where I read that. :/ Anyone else have any idea where that could be? But anyway, I wouldn't use the tab way, personally, it scares me. xD

And you aren't being annoying at all! You have nice punctuation for a 13 year old that goes online. Most of them tak leik dis and dey kant seam 2 speel out werds or rembr how wurds lok .

Which drives me insane. ^-^ So I applaud your correct capitalization at the begging of sentences, and your fantabulous punctuation at the end of sentences! :3

Ah. I see. Well, then Connection has something good about it. I probably still won't get one though. xD I've been thinking of getting a Connexion though. :>

putting the tab in would most definitely restart your tamagotchi, as it's cutting off the power from the batteries to the rest of the unit. There is, of course, the download feature, but supposedly this will take you back to a "major event". Your call really. Pausing with either method (hold down A then push B on North American tamagotchis, or going to the clock and leaving it in "Set time" mode on others) is probably better.

As for those of you who intend on pausing during the school day but checking it on breaks-

if you're only going to un-pause it for 5 minutes, there's not much point. The tamagotchi will not change status at all while it's paused (that'd be why you pause it) and just because you turn it back on, doesnt mean you'll get a bunch of stored up events or anything. If youve got an hour, sure, unpause it. because every time the tamagotchi is paused, it won't develop. The more it's paused, the longer it will take to grow up. This probably isn't a big deal if you're in school all day anyways, cuz even if it takes longer to grow that way, you'll get to see more of it's life if you're only playing with it after school.

Again, it's whatever your personal preference is.

Hope that wasn't too long/rambly.

putting the tab in would most definitely restart your tamagotchi, as it's cutting off the power from the batteries to the rest of the unit. There is, of course, the download feature, but supposedly this will take you back to a "major event". Your call really. Pausing with either method (hold down A then push B on North American tamagotchis, or going to the clock and leaving it in "Set time" mode on others) is probably better.
As for those of you who intend on pausing during the school day but checking it on breaks-

if you're only going to un-pause it for 5 minutes, there's not much point. The tamagotchi will not change status at all while it's paused (that'd be why you pause it) and just because you turn it back on, doesnt mean you'll get a bunch of stored up events or anything. If youve got an hour, sure, unpause it. because every time the tamagotchi is paused, it won't develop. The more it's paused, the longer it will take to grow up. This probably isn't a big deal if you're in school all day anyways, cuz even if it takes longer to grow that way, you'll get to see more of it's life if you're only playing with it after school.

Again, it's whatever your personal preference is.

Hope that wasn't too long/rambly.
Some of us have no choice but to pause Clarinutty. I'm not in school anymore but I have to pause for Church. I think it would be very wrong to play them there. So what if it takes longer, you get to spend more time with them before they leave.

Some of us have no choice but to pause Clarinutty. I'm not in school anymore but I have to pause for Church. I think it would be very wrong to play them there. So what if it takes longer, you get to spend more time with them before they leave.
Yes. I had the same problem with church.

Although I just had mine muted, and left it un-paused, it was fine and didn’t require to be fed or played with, since I had done all of that before the service.

Mine was a Marutchi during church, if it was a Babytchi, I would’ve definitely had to pause it.

I go to church, school, and YMCA on Saturday

I totally understand that there are times that most people feel it is necessary to pause it. I usually choose not to to keep it more "realistic"... I can't pause my dog and my cat while i'm out, so I try not to pause my virtual pets.

I can generally find time to check my tamagotchi about once every 1-3 hours when I'm busy. I know that my tamagotchi poops once an hour or so as a baby (once every couple hours as an adult) and will empty hearts at about the same rate. This means that I can find time to check in on it and get its stats right. I may miss the odd call for discipline or praise, but the variables in my schedule mean I wont always get the same character.

If i take good care of my tamagotchi while I'm not busy, I know that it'll be okay for a bit when I am busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back