Hiding From Truth

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyOldLady

Reaction score
P R O L O G U E

I broke down and cried.

"You can't! YOU CAN'T, MUMMY! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!" I yelled, banging my head against my mother's stomach.

"Look, Seren, I have to. It's the law." my mother sighed, pushing me away.

"I can't look after myseld Mummy!" I was still just tsubutchi. My mother simply walked away, leaving me alone. Our, or as it was after that, my, house felt so cold and empty, as if it shouldn't even exist. I stood up, crying, as I watched the tall Memetchi walk away, her hands covering her eyes. I trudged away from my own mother, and began my life, alone.

[SIZE=14pt]C H A P T E R O N E[/SIZE]

I crawled into my bed, still snivelling. All that crossed and re-crossed and danced up and down in my mind was the word "Mum". It was torture, laying there, in the darkness, no one to run to, no one to hear my cries.

I attempted to sleep, but didn't fall asleep till early in the morning, and even then the door bell had rung before I had any chance to catch some z's.

I dragged myself from the bed, soaked in my own tears. It seemed like an eternity passed as a trailed down the stairs. I looked through the window to see who could possibly be knocking on my door at 6am. I saw someone, a Mimitchi, who I had seen in the street every so often when I was out with my mother, mainly on weekdays. She always seemed to have someone around my age with her.

I slowly opened the door, and gave her a curious look.

"Y-y-yes?" I stammered, shaking.

"Are you Seren?" she asked, smiling.

"I am. You are?" I was trying to be brave, and prove my mum that she was right, and that I could do this.

"I am Lilly. I hear your mother recently left? It's a sad process, but it's the law." she sighed, shaking her head. I tried to make sense of some of the words she was saying. My mother had said something about the law, but I was so young, and hadn't been properly taught at that point. "I am here to take you to the children's home. It's a very happy place and your bound to make many friends." It sounded good to me. I happy place? As long I wasn't at my mother's house I didn't care. I wanted to get away. I wanted help.

Lilly put me into her car and drove through the many twists and turns of the streets along the edge of Tama Town. We made a few extra stops at other babies homes, until the other three car seats were filled. There were two boys, Sam and Ryan, along with a girl, Rhya. Afterwards, Lilly took us to the children's home. It was a huge place. It didn't look like a home, really. It was more like a school, outside and in.

One room had barely anything in it. The walls were painted brightly, and as if someone had just thrown buckets of different coloured paint along the walls. The carpet was like a think, colourful rug. The only objects in the rooms were bean bags and the occaisional toy. The other rooms were what you'd find in the average home, and a few classrooms.

We were assigned our bedrooms after a bit of exploration. Each bedroom was identical, apart from a few that had two beds, like the one next to mine. I soon discovered this bedroom belonged to Ryan and Rhya, who were twins. I got on well with them, and spent my time as a tsubutchi with them.

I was there for the next year, until I evolved. Life just fell into a routine, it had to. If I spent anytime at all daydreaming my thoughts turned back to my mum, just like everyone else I knew there, but somewhere in the back of my head, still crossing and re-crossing and dancing up and down, was her name, her smell, her voice. That sweet, perfume smell that drifted pleasantly around her. Her angelic voice still rang in my ears. I wanted it to end.

But it kept coming back.

Again and again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back