HOMEWORK

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about it?

• Homework is Awesome!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • It is alright, it give you something to do.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It is fun depending on what you get

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • It wastes my time

• Very...Stressful

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • HATEITHATEITHATEITHATEIT!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Stupid Homework....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Nightpelt~Togetchi:.

Reaction score
Well, do you get homework. I certainly do!

Do you think it is pointless? I do, schoolwork should stay at SCHOOL. Not taken home to stop young (and old) people doing what they want. I have done some research and it said that kids are getting more and more homework that is also getting harder. I hate homework, it ruins your life and wastes precious time. But homework is fun, depending on what your teacher gives you.

Do you agree with me that homework is mostly a waste of time?

Depending on how much homework I have,I find it kind of stressful.On Thursday's I always hope I don't have homework because I'm at dance practice from 7pm-9pm.I can't finish everything within 4 hours because I have other things I do on Thursday's too.Homework packets and last minute tests that teachers "told us about" make everything worse.Because of that,I've come to hate Thursday's :/

I think it's a like/dislike relationship between homework and me (I wouldn't say I love homework and hate is too strong of a word). XD Believe it or not, homework is given for a reason and that is to reinforce what you're learning in school. You come to realize this more as you get older and are working toward your career. You wouldn't want someone who only half-learned the material performing brain surgery on a beloved family member or building what are supposed to be earthquake-proof buildings or defending your case if you happen to go to court, right? Sure, homework can be a bummer sometimes, but if you think big picture, especially when you get to college, grad school, etc. and you're actually studying something you enjoy, it's not so bad.

I think it's a like/dislike relationship between homework and me (I wouldn't say I love homework and hate is too strong of a word). XD Believe it or not, homework is given for a reason and that is to reinforce what you're learning in school. You come to realize this more as you get older and are working toward your career. You wouldn't want someone who only half-learned the material performing brain surgery on a beloved family member or building what are supposed to be earthquake-proof buildings or defending your case if you happen to go to court, right? Sure, homework can be a bummer sometimes, but if you think big picture, especially when you get to college, grad school, etc. and you're actually studying something you enjoy, it's not so bad.
True Dat....

It is very annoying and time consuming but most of it does help

Homework is so annoying. I have it every day in math except on testing days, and it's all out of a textbook. My math teacher doesn't know how to teach, either, so half of us don't understand the material. She doesn't care, either. None of my teachers do, except History and Science.

I don't miss it. I could garentee I had Math homework... I had pratically the same teacher which pretty much made me fail a class... Twice. Same teaching style and same dorkiness in the classroom. I had a hard time paying attention to them too... I'd write the notes before they served them out. My attention span was Horrible in most of my math classes since 6th grade... hehehe. I played with Pokemon figures in class. That might have something to do ith why I don't get most Algebra. hahaha.

Then probably English/Language Arts Homework. But I atleast understood my L.A. homework... It was pretty much read and write a bit about it. (Like 3 sentences were acceptable) I' make sure to read and such... One time I didn't read much at all in a fairly large book. We could take any notes (for the book) and use them on the test. I read summeries and wrote down characters on paper... which I abused. I guessed on what the test would be like... Nothing about the book, just the characters. I scored pretty well. I flopped a few but I didn't care at the time.

I swear I got out of a ton of homework since my classes with normal homework were at the end of the day. Meaning, I had help with math all day before class. Then reading during lunch or something..... I might have read before I fell asleep though.

Waste of time... I could be doing more fun things... like browsing Tamatalk, for instance. :p

I hated school and anything to do with it. This includes homework. Unfortunately we had this one classmate that would remind the teacher when she forgot to assign homework. Nobody liked him. You can probably guess why.

Sometimes I like doing homework, sometimes I don't

Last edited by a moderator:
It seriously depends on what the given homework is. If it's something to do with an aspect I'm not so good at, then it's a good challenge. If it's easy work, then it's just mundane. It's only stressful if there's a ton of homework to do in just one day. In general, it varies. I guess I'm x. I vary when it comes to homework. XD Who on earth uses MyMaths online anyway?

I HATE IT >.< I mean really Box and Whisker plots WTF

Yeah o agree with you there, I don't love homework and I don't hate it. It also depends on my mood! Since I have been growing up I have realized that it does come in use and not to let things get in the way of my learning. It's a good way of catching up an refreshing your memory.

Geometry and Algebra make me want to die. My math teacher is great and all, but she assigns homework everyday. As for Writing, we usually have to write essays, which isn't as bad, except for when he have to edit for Sentence Fluency. Oh, Writing. Sometimes, she even puts a little twist on the way we have to write it. For instance, the beginning word of your sentences have to be in alphabetical order. D: Or, all your words have to be one syllable. D:<

Overall, homework is stressful. And I don't like doing it.

Like? Homework? I don't see how anybody could ever like homework.

I simply cannot translate my hate towards homework into anything other than explicit words.

I don't mind an hour of homework a night, but I hate REALLY DISLIKE it when teachers assign hours of homework, especially when we don't have any time to work on it in class. When I get home from school, (which is usually at about 5:30 at night, sometimes even 7 because of theatre or sports) I have to eat dinner, and then I have like 2 hours before my ideal bed time. And usually I get about 2 hours of homework each night.. so I can't just relax, or read a book, or do something that I'd like to do.. urghh:( And I try really hard, but especially in the program I'm in at my school, they give us so much work that I just hate doing it and just makes my procrastinating problem even worse, and the quality of it isn't even good anymore.

If we just got a little bit each night, a good balance, I would actually enjoy it:) I don't mind doing a decent amount of homework at night:) but no. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back