Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the rules in Leviticus are for spiritual health and physical health. Being gay is not only a sin spiritually, but also harmful physically. It is horrible for your health. And when it says "put to death," I think it is in a spiritual sense. I don't have all the answers, I am just saying what the Bible says. I am not God, I do not know all the answers, I just do what the Bible tells me to.

Also, I do not hate gays, I am not mean to gays, etc, so don't be under that impression. I just think it is a sin, and God does not approve. The Bible says it is a bad lifestyle. The Bible is my set of rules, and I do not believe they are rules for no reason. God gives us those rules to protect our physical and spiritual health. That's why I follow them. It is their choice if they wish not to listen to God. They will pay for it one way or another eventually.

I am not saying that I am perfect, but I try my best to do what I am supposed to. If other people choose not to try to, that is their decision and it can't be helped. It is between them and God at that point. The point of this thread was asking opinions on homosexuals, and I gave my opinion, and gave legit reasons why I believe the way I do.

Edit: also, yes I am aware of what it says about those things.
Could we get some evidence to support this claim? How is being gay any more unhealthy than being straight?

Why it's harmfull? Because the gay people spread Aids around the world.

What happened to forgiveness? Any sinner, including a gay person, can repent and get forgiveness. Repenting means being sorry of what you did and nomore do it.

Also, I am unsure about all what says in Leviticus.

Not that it's not true, but if it still counts. It looks to me that it's more a "govermental"-law given by God then and for that time. Also it's directed to "the children if Israel".

So you have the Law and then you have the statutes out of Leviticus. For example a big deal in Leviticus is about sacrifes(what kind of sacrife for a certain sin, etc..). But that's clearly no more valid, since Jesus has died for us. He is the sacrifice now. So those things change. But God gave those statutes. And there was a reason for them, well at least in that time.

But there are several places in the Bible that condemn homosexuality. Even in the New Testament.

So it's obvious that it's wrong, well at least to me it is.

Why it's harmfull? Because the gay people spread Aids around the world.
I think you should have researched that claim more. AIDS isn't exclusive to gays, anyone can contract it and pass it on, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, or even age, just to clear that up :) . A common misconception. I do think it's a little unfair, and a bit ignorant that you wouldn't research your reasons before sharing them. Just something to consider before making bold statements.

I'm hoping to see gay rights legalised here in New Zealand in the next couple of years; the majority are for it. Equality for everyone is key.

I think you should have researched that claim more. AIDS isn't exclusive to gays, anyone can contract it and pass it on, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, or even age, just to clear that up :) . A common misconception. I do think it's a little unfair, and a bit ignorant that you wouldn't research your reasons before sharing them. Just something to consider before making bold statements.

I'm hoping to see gay rights legalised here in New Zealand in the next couple of years; the majority are for it. Equality for everyone is key.
Erm, I never said that it's exclusively to gays, and that straight people cannot get it. I just said:

The gay people spread Aids around the world.

Erm, I never said that it's exclusively to gays, and that straight people cannot get it. I just said:
I'm sorry it just sounded like you meant it that way. Even now I still interpret it the way I did before. It's kind of pointless to say 'The gay people spread Aids around the world' when that infact is not true, and I can just turn around and say 'The straight people spread Aids around the world' because both those statements are equally true. It works both ways. It isn't really a valid point, in any debate. To reiterate, just consider how you phrase and research your reasons before sharing them.

No, I mean the gays kinda started it. I'm not sure of the true origin, but aids wasn't called for nothing the gay-sickness at first.

According to wikipedia the 9 of the 10 people who had aids were homosexual. There's gotta be a reason for that.

*sigh* Gays did not start aids. It originated in primates in Africa.

What ever happened to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?

How would you feel if you were told you could not love your significant other just because it is supposedly wrong?

Since you bring back up the Bible.

If I was unconscious of the fact that I'm sinning and because of that I would end up in hell, I would Love it if someone would tell me I'm sinning.

So yeah, as far as I'm conscerned I'm doing to others what I would let them do unto me.

If I was unconscious of the fact that I'm sinning and because of that I would end up in hell, I would Love it if someone would tell me I'm sinning.

So yeah, as far as I'm conscerned I'm doing to others what I would let them do unto me.
I agree with what you said here except for one thing. Sinning isn't what makes you go to Hell. Because even Christians sin. But Christians repent, which is being sorry for what you did and turning away from it. But yes, I agree that if I was unaware of it being wrong, I would appreciate someone telling me. I am not saying anything in this thread that I would not want other people saying to me. Because all I've been doing is trying to help them, but pointing out what the bible says about it. It's their choice not to listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I mean the gays kinda started it. I'm not sure of the true origin, but aids wasn't called for nothing the gay-sickness at first.

According to wikipedia the 9 of the 10 people who had aids were homosexual. There's gotta be a reason for that.
I am not taking a side on this but if I may point something out here Stefan, wikipedia is a whopping 40% reliable on its info. It can be changed by anyone and thus can be turned from true to ultimately false. So I hope you think next time you look for sources.

DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA. DOUBLE-CHECK YOUR SOURCES.

You're entitled to your beliefs, that's fine. The problem is, you're attempting to force your religious beliefs on people who may not share them. Other people taking part in homosexual acts does not affect you in any way. Your religious beliefs are your beliefs, not everyones.

I agree with what you said here except for one thing. Sinning isn't what makes you go to Hell. Because even Christians sin. But Christians repent, which is being sorry for what you did and turning away from it. But yes, I agree that if I was unaware of it being wrong, I would appreciate someone telling me. I am not saying anything in this thread that I would not want other people saying to me. Because all I've been doing is trying to help them, but pointing out what the bible says about it. It's their choice not to listen.
Yeah, that's what I mean. If you sin and don't repent.

@Cave Johnson: I'm not trying to force my believes. I'm only trying to prove the religious(christian) people here that it is a sin.

Stefan, you should look at this:

*removed - please respect the site rules and don't post links to images that insult other peoples' beliefs*

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I may not agree with Stefan's opinion, I respect it. What's making me mad is that the majority of people here cannot accept the fact that he, and others, do not support gays.

And you know what?

That's completely okay. These people aren't doing anything bad to homosexuals, they are just saying they don't support it. If they were saying that they hated them and wanted them dead or something alone those lines, I would be very upset. But that is not the case.

Not everyone has the same opinion or beliefs as you.

Everyone has to stop getting their panties in a twist because some people believe in something else. No one is trying to force their beliefs onto you. They are simply sharing their views, which is what the topic says. Cave Johnson said that "Your religious beliefs are your beliefs, not everyones." Maybe some people are taking it a little bit too far by trying to prove that it's a sin, I understand. But your religious beliefs are your beliefs. I don't have to believe in something just because someone else does. So if some people want to say that it's a sin, I don't really care. They can prove it all they want but that is not going to change how I think.

I support gays. I'm not a Christian for not following the bible, apparently, but I don't really mind. Some people will believe that if they want to, I believe in something different.

The people on this topic against gays have clearly stated they do not hate them, they do not be mean to them or anything else, they just simply don't believe it's right. So why is that such a big deal?

You're not going to change anyone's opinion on how they think of homosexuality. Instead of arguing about what's right and what's wrong, just share your views and try to relate with each other?

Just please, do not disrespect what others believe in, even if you think it's wrong or not. It's nice to have a friendly debate sometimes, but just don't take things personally.

I have too much internal hate to accept someones beliefs sometimes (hey, at least I'm honest...) but you are right, I guess.

I used to be homophobic, but I had a different reason for that. Not sure if I should talk about it here... I can only tell it to a trusted person, I guess. (It's a very delicate thing, and I wouldn't feel well if someone laughed at me about it.)

So I'm sorry for being a bit of a hypocrite here. I just get.... "triggered" easily.

Ahh it's okay! I wasn't targeting you in particular though if it seemed like it!! I just noticed a lot of people on this topic getting upset too. uwu

I actually used to be homophobic myself too. I know I posted in here a while back and I'm not sure if I talked about it, but my parents weren't really the biggest supporters of homosexuality, so I was raised to be against it. Now my family is more accepting and I don't really judge anyone anymore. My mom still gets upset over homosexuals who make such a huge deal over it like they're some kind of other species, and yeah that gets me mad too. But overall I don't really mind. uwu

I'm being raised in a hateful country (trust me, probably even more hateful than the US of A are), so yeah. It's hard to support homosexuals here. Very, very hard. Especially on the internet.

I'm probably like you and your sister, though. I hate parades of every kind, because they NEVER work anyway and only make people think less of you.

I understand that people have different beliefs and opinions in regards to homosexuality, but I will not respect opinions that degrade and deny love when it is right in front of them.

In the past few pages I have read that some people believe that if you do not follow and agree with the Bible 100% then you are not Christian/Catholic/etc. I disagree. The Bible was written over 2,000 years ago. Morals, social standards and society in general have changed quite a lot since 2,000 years ago. The Bible makes it clear that people owned slaves; is that acceptable in today's society? Do people, as Christians, need to agree with slavery because they "must agree with everything else in the Bible"? No.

Followers of God have very limited reasoning behind their disapproval of homosexuality other than "because that's what the Bible says". When asked about why God disagreed with homosexuality my religion teacher replied with a really good answer. Back in those days, the faith was spread by people through friends and families. Because gay couples were unable to have children they could not spread the faith, hence they were labelled an abomination.

I think that if God was to see that there are ways gay couples can have children (adoption, etc) and spread his faith, I'm sure the Bible would be updated. :)

I understand that people have different beliefs and opinions in regards to homosexuality, but I will not respect opinions that degrade and deny love when it is right in front of them.

In the past few pages I have read that some people believe that if you do not follow and agree with the Bible 100% then you are not Christian/Catholic/etc. I disagree. The Bible was written over 2,000 years ago. Morals, social standards and society in general have changed quite a lot since 2,000 years ago. The Bible makes it clear that people owned slaves; is that acceptable in today's society? Do people, as Christians, need to agree with slavery because they "must agree with everything else in the Bible"? No.

Followers of God have very limited reasoning behind their disapproval of homosexuality other than "because that's what the Bible says". When asked about why God disagreed with homosexuality my religion teacher replied with a really good answer. Back in those days, the faith was spread by people through friends and families. Because gay couples were unable to have children they could not spread the faith, hence they were labelled an abomination.

I think that if God was to see that there are ways gay couples can have children (adoption, etc) and spread his faith, I'm sure the Bible would be updated. :)
That's just ridiculous. Seriously.

Slaves weren't labelled as a good thing in the BIble. Also, if you read the last few pages well enough you should have read that I had more reason to be against homosexuals.

The reason why God was against Homosexuality was in my opinion because it's selfish, unnatural and from the devil.

That's my opinion, but now at least you have a possible reason. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back