Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity Stefan - if you are against homosexuality because of the "sin" and the "unhealthy" lifestyle (specifically sex / spread of HIV), are you against homosexuals who are not sexually active or celibate?

In other words homosexuals who have not "committed a sin" nor engaged in the unhealthy practices you have been explaining you disagree with

(I do not refer to homosexuals who are "resisting", just those who are definitely homosexual and who do not hide that they are homosexual but are virgins, celibate or not sexually active.

Just out of curiosity Stefan - if you are against homosexuality because of the "sin" and the "unhealthy" lifestyle (specifically sex / spread of HIV), are you against homosexuals who are not sexually active or celibate?

In other words homosexuals who have not "committed a sin" nor engaged in the unhealthy practices you have been explaining you disagree with

(I do not refer to homosexuals who are "resisting", just those who are definitely homosexual and who do not hide that they are homosexual but are virgins, celibate or not sexually active.
Like I said in this post( https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/181552-homosexuality-what-is-your-view/page__st__260?do=findComment&comment=3208298 ), I still find it immoral.

They'll still lust probably after eachother, I guess. And someone who lusts over someone has in my eyes actually had sex in his mind with a certain person.

And I'm against lust(after someone who is not your wife/husband) in general.

But this will probably be anyway the exception, since I think the main reason someone becomes gay is to have sex/lust with eachother. But several things show this is not what we were made for:

-First off, they "have to" use a condom to be safe. Just already this shows there's something unnatural.

-Gays have anal sex. By doing so they do damage to the rectum and anus.

-They cannot get children, not even if they would change gender.

-They are the most vulnerable to getting HIV/AIDS.

After reading these above things you cannot deny it must be against the nature. And that is the point I am trying to make. And that is also one of my main reasons why I am against it.

I am trying to show the readers here that it is something you should not just accept since it's not normal. And to think twice before making the dangerous decision that you are gay.

But even if you really believe you were born this way, it changes nothing to the naturality of it. Please, people, understand what point I am trying to make. It is not because I hate gays, which I don't, that I would want it forbidden. No, it's to protect these people from their ignorance. I tell you, that you can still turn away from it and live a hetero-lifestyle and be a happy person.

And those who are religious, God can forgive any sin, and make you clean as snow. So I ask you to not wait, but to stop with it as fast as possible to reduce your chances from getting addicted to it and reducing your chances of getting AIDS.

Please keep in your mind all the work it took me to write all these posts in this thread. I have gotten no profit out of it, so maybe you can understand that I did it all for my love for gays.

Yes, love. Can you call a person who supports your lifestyle more loving? No, since by doing so, you'll be even more pushed to continue with it, which will make your life perhaps much more miserable than if you'd listen to me.

For this reason, please try to understand all what I have said.

This is what I consider true love. I hope you now may understand. I believe I have said enough, and I don't plan to post anymore here, since if this is not enough, nothing will probably be.

Stefan

After reading these above things you cannot deny it must be against the nature. And that is the point I am trying to make. And that is also one of my main reasons why I am against it.

I am trying to show the readers here that it is something you should not just accept since it's not normal. And to think twice before making the dangerous decision that you are gay.

But even if you really believe you were born this way, it changes nothing to the naturality of it. Please, people, understand what point I am trying to make. It is not because I hate gays, which I don't, that I would want it forbidden. No, it's to protect these people from their ignorance. I tell you, that you can still turn away from it and live a hetero-lifestyle and be a happy person.

And those who are religious, God can forgive any sin, and make you clean as snow. So I ask you to not wait, but to stop with it as fast as possible to reduce your chances from getting addicted to it and reducing your chances of getting AIDS.

Please keep in your mind all the work it took me to write all these posts in this thread. I have gotten no profit out of it, so maybe you can understand that I did it all for my love for gays.

Yes, love. Can you call a person who supports your lifestyle more loving? No, since by doing so, you'll be even more pushed to continue with it, which will make your life perhaps much more miserable than if you'd listen to me.

You're still trying to put your opinion into the private lives of other adults. You say you're doing it out of "love". You don't know the meaning of the word love. Love is a bond, it's something meaningful. Your "love" is blatant homophobia, and is not wanted by any LGBTQ person. I could go on, but there's no point. As you said, I believe I have said enough, and I don't plan to post anymore here, since if this is not enough, nothing will probably be.

In the end it doesn't matter what you or I think. What matters is how the zeitgeist moves, and it's pretty clear what way it's going.

Like I said in this post( https://www.tamatalk....60#entry3208298 ), I still find it immoral.

They'll still lust probably after eachother, I guess. And someone who lusts over someone has in my eyes actually had sex in his mind with a certain person.

But this will probably be anyway the exception, since I think the main reason someone becomes gay is to have sex/lust with eachother. But several things show this is not what we were made for:

-First off, they "have to" use a condom to be safe. Just already this shows there's something unnatural.

This is what I consider true love. I hope you now may understand. I believe I have said enough, and I don't plan to post anymore here, since if this is not enough, nothing will probably be.

Stefan
I do not believe in lust (or sex) before marriage either, but with heterosexuals and homosexuals.

I still have arguments againt all the points you made.

- First off, they "have to" use a condom to be safe. Just already this shows there's something unnatural. Well, someone nowadays might have an injury meaning they need a life-support system to keep them alive. This is not natural. But it is not bad. Homosexuals having to use a condom is also, in my view, unnatural but not bad.

- Gays have anal sex. By doing so they do damage to the rectum and anus. I doubt the damage is noticeable unless you have anal sex regularly. Maybe homosexuals simply need to be more careful during sex? Also, heterosexuals sometimes have anal sex too.

- They cannot get children, not even if they would change gender. What if they don't want children? Anyway, they can always adopt.

- They are the most vulnerable to getting HIV/AIDS. Only if they have sex without both people involved using a condom. If both people use a condom, they're extremely unlikely to get any sexually transmitted diseases.

It is very difficult to "turn away" from homosexuality, and also, a natural homosexual just won't feel attracted to someone of the opposite sex. They have no wish to have any other type of sexual relationship other than a homosexual one.

Also, I find your definition of love very confusing. Love isn't something you can limit, or something you can make rules about. People are always going to fall in love and express their love; it's one of the strongest instincts people have. If someone falls in love, no matter who with - unless you stop them even thinking, you can't stop them loving that person.

You are right, booboo. However, both of us ( each side of the discussion ) is trying to prove our own point. Remember, this is a discussion
Some of you guys are taking this way too seriously though. You're right, it is a discussion. Though earlier people were getting so worked up over this that it was turning into a flame war. I don't understand what there is to prove as no one is going to change how they think.

EDIT: I also want to add in more of my thoughts here, I'm not sure if I have already!!

As much as I support homosexuality, a lot of humans will think they're gay because "monkey see, monkey do."

Homosexuality is so common today that a lot of younger people are determined that they're gay, when really they have no idea what their sexuality is.

And that's what really makes me upset.

People shouldn't be deciding on their sexuality when they're younger. In some cases they know that they're not meant to be a boy, or girl, and has an attraction to the same gender. But lately I've been noticing many confused younger people who say that they're gay just because so many other people are. And don't tell me that this hasn't happened before. My friend was convinced that she liked girls, until one day after liking a boy she decided that she wasn't a lesbian anymore. This has happened multiple times.

It's good to be gay and proud of it, but please do not shove it in my face. Some people take things way too far, and frankly I don't want to always hear about their sexuality, nor do you have to flaunt it. Do I flaunt that I am heterosexual? No. I just act like myself, without telling people that I'm hetero everyday.

I also feel like being a homosexual is becoming "cool". I see girls who are upset with boys and decidedly start liking girls, thinking that they're "all that". It's absolutely ridiculous and honestly makes me dislike homosexuals somewhat, I'm not going to lie.

So to conclude, sexuality to me is a very serious thing to me. I am accepting over homosexuals, but some people don't understand that it can be a touchy topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that I put religion aside, it is still wrong since I find it unhealthy. I would tell this to him, but if he even after that doesn't want to understand he will no longer be my friend.

Because I dare to say it's a fact it's unhealthy.

I do not think that an unhealthy lifestyle should get the same rights as a healthy one.

But many people are too blind to see this.
Eating too much junk food, becoming overweight and obese is also an unhealthy lifestyle. But obese people still get the same rights as healthy people, and so they should. Do you think obese people should get fewer rights than normal-weight people?

now after readi ng all the other posts I can see the people who believe in

christainity really can be harsh against this topic. I hope that people like this

grow older to understand that its okay.
A lot of people choose to support homosexuals, and a lot of people choose not to, nevertheless of what religion or folk group they belong to.

None of the alternatives is more mature than the other, and please don't judge all people belonging to a group because of what one or two of them says.

Like I said in this post( https://www.tamatalk....60#entry3208298 ), I still find it immoral.

Stefan
I don't disagree with most of this, but I wouldn't say that "it's unnatural" is a very good argument against homosexuality at all. If you take a look on earth and its inhabitants, basically everything about humans is "unnatural". Houses are very unnatural, condoms are unnatural, and, tamagotchis are about the most unnatural thing I can think of, but that doesn't mean that we all should be against it, right? :D

You're still trying to put your opinion into the private lives of other adults. You say you're doing it out of "love". You don't know the meaning of the word love. Love is a bond, it's something meaningful. Your "love" is blatant homophobia, and is not wanted by any LGBTQ person. I could go on, but there's no point. As you said, I believe I have said enough, and I don't plan to post anymore here, since if this is not enough, nothing will probably be.

In the end it doesn't matter what you or I think. What matters is how the zeitgeist moves, and it's pretty clear what way it's going.
I find it pretty harsh to state at someone "You don't know the meaning of the word love." I think Stefan very well does, and I think love is a bit more of a wider concept than you put it.

Judging from Stefan's posts in this topic, he does not classify as a homophobic person, and it's quite rude to use it as word of abuse against someone who simply does not support homosexuals.

Stefan just said he loved them, and you just told him he doesn't. Frankly, I think he knows better here.

Me, I find it quite strange to have to choose whether you "support" or "are against" any group of people, such as homosexuals.

I have a love for people in general, and it's disturbing to have to choose a side like this.

All people do wrong at times, but that doesn't mean that you have to take a side on everything and support or be against every single human.

Why does so many people choose to judge homosexuals as if they were doing something worse?

Take muslims for an example. I'm not a muslim, so in other words I guess you could say that I do not support Islam or the lifestyle of muslims. Still they are like all other humans, and I am not against them nor do I paticularly support them, so it's unnessecary for me to "choose a side" regarding muslims.

I don't think homosexuality is right, but I seriously find it ridicolous to state that I'm against homosexuals for that. They can love who they want, no one is stopping them, some just don't think that it's ethically right to have the partnership-kind-of-love between two people of the same gender.

"People think it's a decision and that you can be cured with some treatment and religion. Man-made rewiring of a pre-disposition.

Playing god, america the brave still fears what we don't know and " God loves all his children" is somehow forgotten. Yet we still paraphrase a book writtten 3,500 years ago. If I was gay I would think hip-hop hates me, Have you read the youtube comments latley?

" Man that's gay" gets dropped on the daily. We've become so numb to what we're saying our culture founded from oppression yet we don't have acceptance for them.

A word rooted in hate, it's the same hate that's caused wars from religion, gender to skin color, the same fight that lead people to walk-outs ans sit-ins. Human rights for everybody there is no difference"

Usually the people who don't like these kinds of things are the close-minded people who take everything too seriously. They say they're supporting the church and it's against the Bible and you know people do take that stuff a little too seriously. I'm not saying it's bad to listen to the Bible or anything but, well it just annoys me so much that they always just go to the Bible for their defense and they always cite verses and stuff but they don't seem to follow the other things that the Bible says. The love your neighbor as you love yourself one, what if your neighbor was gay, what will you do? Anyways, divorce is against God but you don't see people arguing over getting divorces like they do with same sex marriages. (but yeah, I think divorces are bad and should be avoided; and should only be done in an abusive relationship, so remember to choose wisely) There's nothing wrong with being gay or lesbian in my opinion, and you know what? Who am I to say what gay people can and can't do? It's their life, it's their choice, they should live it the way they want to live it without anyone holding them back. Shouldn't everyone be able to enjoy that right? Just my views, I hope I phrased this post right.

https://
gaymarriage_zps21747847.png

Well, I'm a 25 y/o gay male, and I've been in a relationship with the same man for 10 years. We got together when I was 15. This proves that;

A- We aren't only in a relationship for sex

and

B- We didn't meet through a gay bar or Grindr or whatever. We met through the power of love.

If we could, we would have married years ago. How is it fair that a couple who love each other more than anything in the world can't get married? How is this in any way fair? We've been together for nearly half of my life, longer than the vast, vast majority of heterosexual couples before they get married. It is simply not fair.

On terms of sex, yes we have sex, yes, it is a large part of our relationship. But think about it

Men's sex drive > Womens sex drive.

Lets say a mans sex drive is 2, and a womans is 1.

Woman + Man= 3

Man + Man= 4

So doesn't it make complete sense we have more sex and it plays a large part in our relationship? Of course it does.

Stefan
Anal sex does not damage the anus or rectum if you practice it properly. The anus will naturally stretch to the size of a grapefruit in most adult males. It may not snap back properly like an elastic band, but, in 9 years of being a 'bottom' I am yet to see a penis anywhere near the size of a grapefruit. Yes. The anus will stretch out to a certain point and not go back, but so will a vagina, so your argument about our sex is now redundant.

The computer you are looking at is not natural, the synthetic materials your wearing will not be natural, the bricks in your house will not be natural. If we went by anything 'unnatural' being bad, we'd be living like cavemen. And there'd still be gay cavemen. So your argument, once again, would be redundant.

Of course, love is completely and utterly natural, so your argument is redundant anyway.

And never, ever, say to a gay man/woman, that they can ditch being gay and be straight. If we could do that, why the hell would we go through a life of discrimination and hatred, just so we can have 'unnatural' sex and 'unnatural' love? If you aren't gay, how can you know, that we can turn away from being gay? You can't know that, so stop 'assuring' people that we can.

I think that the LGBTQ community needs to have the same rights everyone else has.

Why should it affect a straight person whether or not a gay person can get married? Who am I to tell people who they can and cannot love?

As someone with a homosexual relative, I want her to be able to find love and get married without being harassed or judged because of her sexuality. A person isn't defined by their sexuality. That's not someone's whole identity. A person's identity is made up of many, many parts.

Another thing that bothers me is a strange double standard that people impose on homosexuals. If a man and a man are together, some people consider that immoral, but when two women are in a relationship, it's considered sexy, and it's perfectly okay? One prime example of that is in the movie "FagBug". It's a documentary about a homosexual woman whose car was vandalized when someone spray painted the word "fag" on her window. She drove it across the country, and at one point let a man drive it around to see how the reactions would differ.

A couple of young men in one community yelled derogatory slurs at them, so they interviewed them about it. When the owner of the car told the two guys that she was gay, they said, "Well you're a girl, so it's okay." I honestly recoiled when I watched that part. It was just so bigoted! It shouldn't matter what gender you are; you should be allowed to love and marry whoever you choose!

And never, ever, say to a gay man/woman, that they can ditch being gay and be straight. If we could do that, why the hell would we go through a life of discrimination and hatred, just so we can have 'unnatural' sex and 'unnatural' love? If you aren't gay, how can you know, that we can turn away from being gay? You can't know that, so stop 'assuring' people that we can.
Thank you SO MUCH for saying this, dude. I'd totally go straight to fit in. But looking at loving a man just to feel normal and have fake love, and looking at loving a woman because that's whom I truly love, I think I'll take the true love, thank you very much.

(Oh my gosh, my English is horrible late at night.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back