Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not afraid to post in it. I'm just not posting in here because it would be a waste of time. :)
Duuude I'm probs gonna forget allll about this post in the morning

Hahaha

I can't believe I;m capitalizing stuff right now

I need water. What time is it man

Hey it's fun typing dmall

oh cool now im editmng this past midnighgtr

this is going to bd a beautiful hangober.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to try to challenge any religious beliefs -- I'm Christian and fully support gay marriage -- just wanted to point something out.

While you may interpret one of the bible verses prohibiting marriage, look at what else it prohibits.

Pigs - Leviticus 11:8 - "You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

Polyester / other fabric blends - Leviticus 19:19 - "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Shellfish/Lobster - Leviticus 11:10 - "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28 - "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."

Divorce - Mark 10:9 - "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

None of these things are outlawed in any way. Chances are, you probably eat pigs if you're not vegetarian, and shellfish/lobster if you're not vegan. Even if you are vegan, you've probably worn polyester or other fabric blends before.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the bible is thousands of years old. If homosexuality should be banned because "the bible outlaws it", so should all of the things I listed above.

Not going to try to challenge any religious beliefs -- I'm Christian and fully support gay marriage -- just wanted to point something out....

...The point I'm trying to make here is that the bible is thousands of years old. If homosexuality should be banned because "the bible outlaws it", so should all of the things I listed above.
The portions of the Old Testament (effectively the Judaic Bible - which goes some way to explaining prohibitions on eating shellfish and pigs) you've detailed have already been mentioned (several times) on different pages of this thread - and discussed.I'm not saying they are not valid - I'm just saying that we've already been there and it's kind of going backwards rather than forwards in the discussion.

(I understand it is a long thread and so maybe you haven't read through it all - but honestly - those points have been raised and discussed already).

I don't think anyone is talking about "banning" homosexuality (which would be pretty much impossible anyway) :p

The discussions have arisen because some members do not support homosexuality (in part) because their faith teaches it to be a sin.

Slightly off topic but a point of interest for some perhaps - Christianity is not the only faith that teaches this. Islam and Judaism (for example) also teach that it is a sin to commit a homosexual act.

Not going to try to challenge any religious beliefs -- I'm Christian and fully support gay marriage -- just wanted to point something out.

While you may interpret one of the bible verses prohibiting marriage, look at what else it prohibits.

Pigs - Leviticus 11:8 - "You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."

Polyester / other fabric blends - Leviticus 19:19 - "You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

Shellfish/Lobster - Leviticus 11:10 - "But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you."

Tattoos - Leviticus 19:28 - "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."

Divorce - Mark 10:9 - "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

None of these things are outlawed in any way. Chances are, you probably eat pigs if you're not vegetarian, and shellfish/lobster if you're not vegan. Even if you are vegan, you've probably worn polyester or other fabric blends before.

The point I'm trying to make here is that the bible is thousands of years old. If homosexuality should be banned because "the bible outlaws it", so should all of the things I listed above.
I too am against divorce.

But the reason why we don't follow those old testament rules(the tradition ones) is explained by Paul in the New Testament(Galatians 3):

"For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, [it is] evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them."

"Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator."

"[is] the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster [to bring us] unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus."

This Paul says. It means that it's actually impossible to obey all these traditional commandments. So, we are no longer under the law, but under faith. And faith will cause us to do what God wants.

But just like a teacher, we don't have to do exactly what he said, but we mustn't forget what he said and why.

Many of those rules had to do with traditions out of that time.(The non-jews practiced these things, and God didn't want His people to want to be like them.)

But the reason for Homosexuality is different, and is repeated in the New Testament by Paul himself.

God is speaking trough the Holy Spirit in him that Homosexuality is (one of) the sins that God condemns. No homosexual shall enter Heaven.

This is what the Bible says, and therefore it frustrates me when people who call themselves Christians say things like "I support gays" or even "I am gay".

They make themselves believe that they cannot change, and excuse it with the fact that they're born that way.

Which means they don't confess they're wrong and do the very opposite and find an excuse for it.

One of the things that someone must do who wants to repent, is confess to God he was sinning. So what homosexuals are doing is very far from repentance.

@Stefan Most if not all gay people are born gay because I mean how many people think hey you know what I want to be criticized and ridiculed and not have equal rights! Wouldn't that be fun! Nobody wants a bunch of closed minded people telling them the way they are is wrong so yeah

"I was BORN gay you were TAUGHT religion"

-unknown

But the reason for Homosexuality is different, and is repeated in the New Testament by Paul himself.

God is speaking trough the Holy Spirit in him that Homosexuality is (one of) the sins that God condemns. No homosexual shall enter Heaven.
That's not a reason. That's just a fact (or for Christians it is). A reason is the answer to a question beginning with "why?" But the Bible doesn't seem to give a reason, or if it does, you haven't quoted it.

God made man and wife, but he knows that there will be sexual immorality, since man is evil.

And homosexuality is for god an immorality. Because these people are so hardened, He gives them over to these lusts.

So...

God made man in his image....

Some men are born gay.....

Image... gay... image... gay.....

And then evil....

So if we're created in the image of God, does that mean he is what i listed above as well?

You're confusing me because I'm taking what you say on literal terms. If we are created after the likeness of God, then he must have not been a perfect being, either.

Mind you I'm to trying to offend, I'm just having a hard time understanding this whole "created in his image' deal. To be created in one's image would be to be created in the very likeness of the creator, so saying that, then men were created with the intention of being homosexual... evil... sinful... whatever.

What gets me is, too, that god is supposedly an all supreme being, so why doesn't he 'fix' the gays himself? Or would he rather not mess with his creations and see them flounder?

Midorime, I think when it says in His own image, they mean the form, because it is said multiple times that God is a just God.

But then again. The first two creations were perfect and without sin. Even without the knowledge of sin, but then they got deceived by Satan and they ate of the fruit of knowledge. Then God sent them out of that Garden of Eden.

Why doesn't God fix any sinner? Because He gives them choice.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/columns/The-facts-about-homosexuality_13581293

I agree with this.

Also: https://meanfeminism.blogspot.be/2006/11/being-gay-is-not-like-being-left.html

So then ignorance really IS bliss in this case. I see.

I still find it sad, however, that some people are so offended by it and against it. I accept it with love, as in your religion you're supposed to. To you it's a sin, but I thought love was supposed to be prevalent, no matter the choices of the people themselves, or there lack of.

One more question: so the Holocaust. Hitler ordered all homosexuals to be gassed and/or burned (as well as gypsies, those with physical disabilities, etc, not just thew Jews). Did he have a right in doing so? Would you, with your religion, have seen that as a good thing? Or would you, despite the people being 'sinners', feel outraged?

yeah im sure stefan would see someone killing millions of people as a good thing

((yes this is sarcasm))

So then ignorance really IS bliss in this case. I see.

I still find it sad, however, that some people are so offended by it and against it. I accept it with love, as in your religion you're supposed to. To you it's a sin, but I thought love was supposed to be prevalent, no matter the choices of the people themselves, or there lack of.

One more question: so the Holocaust. Hitler ordered all homosexuals to be gassed and/or burned (as well as gypsies, those with physical disabilities, etc, not just thew Jews). Did he have a right in doing so? Would you, with your religion, have seen that as a good thing? Or would you, despite the people being 'sinners', feel outraged?
I'll just mention (once again) that Stefan has already explained (a couple of times I think) that he doesn't "hate" homosexuals.
Uh... and a little perspective is needed in this case I think ;)

Consider: Thou shall not kill.

I think you'll find any Christian would mention that commandment to you (it's a pretty important one)

Homosexual love is debatable. I just read this: https://www.loamagazine.org/nr/family_life/what_is_homosexual_love.html and I found it very interesting.

"One more question: so the Holocaust. Hitler ordered all homosexuals to be gassed and/or burned (as well as gypsies, those with physical disabilities, etc, not just thew Jews). Did he have a right in doing so? Would you, with your religion, have seen that as a good thing? Or would you, despite the people being 'sinners', feel outraged?"

No, of-course not. I would openly protest against that. Yes, probably even if I would get killed for it myself.

​You cannot prevent sin by committing sin. Hitler took the role of final judge and committed sin(murder) to do it.

Also, Booboo1, I hope that was sarcasm.

Booboo1, wasn't saying he'd see it as a good thing, wanted to know if, according to Chrsitianity/religion, Hitler had a right since homosexuals are seen as 'sinners.' Since some Christians have said that a solider going overseas to kill people to protect our country is okay, I was wondering about the principles in regards to other things it could be applied to. I know about the "thou shalt not kill" but it seems to be loose in some contexts. But that's besides the point as this isn't a thread about murder and such. Was just wondering in regards to context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back