How big should a collection be?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ApertureGotchi

Reaction score
The title kind of says it all. Post your opinion on how big a tamagotchi collection should be. 5-8? 1-42.5? Let's hear your opinion.

Depends what kind you want. If you want to eventually make money off your collection, buy a ton. If you want to play with all of them, keep it little. I have 3, so guess which one I am. :)

Personally, I have over 40 (give or take a few; the number fluctuates), but it all has to do with preference and budget. Anything greater than 1 would make up a nice collection, in my opinion. :)

Whatever you want. If you want a big collection and have the money I say go for it. But if you're happy with only a few or even one or two that's fine too. It really depends on the individual. There's no wrong answer.

I think an impressive collection is like one of each tamagotchi... (I've seen Ra's videos of his collections... if you think you have a collection prepare to cry).

But I'm just one of those people who likes to play with them all (I have maybe 20 v-pets right now). I don't consider myself a collector, addict maybe, but not a collector.

https://www.tamenagerie.com/ is her website. Her collection pictures start on THIS page (just click on the "My Collection" button from the main page). I'm not sure how updated those pictures are, but I think her collection is more or less still like that these days.

I don't think 4 Devilgotchis is much of a collection. I also don't think 20 Music Stars is much of a collection either.

The definition, in my opinion, of a Tama collection is this: At least 10 Tamas of varied version. Two different versions among 40 Tamas is not a collection. 4 versions among 10 Tamas is sort of a half-collection. 8 versions among 10 Tamas is definitely a proper varied collection.

Also, I think the collection must contain something special. A rare vintage Tama or some expensive, brand-new colour one. Music Stars, Tama-Gos and V5s isn't enough; the collector must be devoted enough to collecting not to go the easy way and just get 50 of the most common, cheapest version.

That's just my opinion of a good collection.

https://www.tamenagerie.com/ is her website. Her collection pictures start on THIS page (just click on the "My Collection" button from the main page). I'm not sure how updated those pictures are, but I think her collection is more or less still like that these days.
Yeah, her collection is pretty ridiculous. She's probably sitting on over $1,000,000 worth of v-pets.

:D

Inmyroomreb, I'd have to agree with you. Her collection is positively massive.

dazzilitchigirl, I would have to agree with you, too. Fortunately, my collection is about what you would describe as "half-collection" I have a v2, two v4s, two v4.5s, two v5s, a v5 celebrity, a music star, a tama-go, a tama-suku (tamagotchi school), and I will shortly be getting a TMGC+C, but it is still on its way. (At least it's in the US)

To me, a collection would include at least one of every version, as well as different shell designs. Also merchandise related to tamas should be included as well. A collection can be as large or as small as one has the ways and means to make it the way they wish.

If it is a collection then it is never to much! Plus if it makes you happy then continue doing it.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back