How did YOU discover Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the little McDonalds toy's back in 1998 or whenever they were realesed and then heard about them again in 2004.

i discoverd them with my good frend jenna, she has a mini and i hav a v2 mine is cute!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

I had the little McDonalds toy's back in 1998 or whenever they were realesed and then heard about them again in 2004.
same here, it was a really cheap kind of version, then in like 2001 i saw one and i just had to get it and told my mom please get it for me and then i kind of got obsessed, i have four

same here, it was a really cheap kind of version, then in like 2001 i saw one and i just had to get it and told my mom please get it for me and then i kind of got obsessed, i have four
I have four Tamagotchis too. ;) If it weren't for my cousin, I might not have EVER gotten a Tamagotchi. :mametchi: Wow that's...SCARY. :eek:

-Tamaguy#1 :D

I have four Tamagotchis too. :huh: If it weren't for my cousin, I might not have EVER gotten a Tamagotchi. :huh: Wow that's...SCARY. :huh:  

-Tamaguy#1 :huh:
Funny. I have 7. lol. If it weren't for my friends at my drama class, then I would never have gone on tamatalk!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! lol, joke.

it started when my friend had a gigakitty. she let me borrow it. afterwards i got a really cheap rip off virtual pet called a "perpetual pet" and it was sucky so i got a nanokitty which i loved for ages. a few of my friends had tamagotchis and i played with them and liked them. so after i got all As on my report card my mom bought me a tamagotchi angel as a reward and then i was forever hooked. unfortunately that first tamagotchi angel wen tthrough the washing machine *cries*. about a year later my granpa got me a regular second generation tamagotchi. i think that was in about '98. since then ive always bought them on ebay. so now i have a new angelgotchi, ocean tamagotchi, had a forestgotchi for a lil while but gave it away as a present, and my mom just bought me a v2 for christmas. thats when i discovered they had all sorts of new ones and i got completely hooked again. since then ive gotten a dekatama which came with a red screened akatama. its really awesome.

im still searching for a santaclautchi :gozarutchi:

it started when my friend had a gigakitty. she let me borrow it. afterwards i got a really cheap rip off virtual pet called a "perpetual pet" and it was sucky so i got a nanokitty which i loved for ages. a few of my friends had tamagotchis and i played with them and liked them. so after i got all As on my report card my mom bought me a tamagotchi angel as a reward and then i was forever hooked. unfortunately that first tamagotchi angel wen tthrough the washing machine *cries*. about a year later my granpa got me a regular second generation tamagotchi. i think that was in about '98. since then ive always bought them on ebay. so now i have a new angelgotchi, ocean tamagotchi, had a forestgotchi for a lil while but gave it away as a present, and my mom just bought me a v2 for christmas. thats when i discovered they had all sorts of new ones and i got completely hooked again. since then ive gotten a dekatama which came with a red screened akatama. its really awesome.
im still searching for a santaclautchi :lol:
Boo Hoo! :( I want a Morino/Forest but I can't find one on eBay! ;) Are they fun? :D

-Tamaguy#1 :marumimitchi:

I was 9 years old and at camp a bunch of my friends had Tamagotchis. I loved anything japanese and they told me they were a japanese product! So one day I was sick and my mum took me to Toys R' Us for a toy to make me feel better. I looked all over for a tamagotchi and finally at the checkout line they had them. I got a generation 2 one it was Camoflage! I loved and and I bought like 3 more after that lol. And I didn't buy any for years since they weren't in stock anymore then they came out with the Connections.

I was 9 years old and at camp a bunch of my friends had Tamagotchis. I loved anything japanese and they told me they were a japanese product! So one day I was sick and my mum took me to Toys R' Us for a toy to make me feel better. I looked all over for a tamagotchi and finally at the checkout line they had them. I got a generation 2 one it was Camoflage! I loved and and I bought like 3 more after that lol. And I didn't buy any for years since they weren't in stock anymore then they came out with the Connections.
I got my first onr when I was 7!

I discovered tamas from my friend Alo, then I saw one (v1) at K.B. Toys and bought it(it was orange). :)

I did from this summer camp called College For Kids last year ,I didn't even know what they were until I looked them up on the computer I got to connect a version one!

Well, my friend saw them on TV and she wantedc one really bad for christmas, and she told me about them (i already knew about the old ones cause my brother had one when he was 5) and i put them on my christmas list. You see i got alot of things on my list AFTER christmas. Since i didn't get one she wanted me too so they could mate. So we went to wal mart and i got one and she got a second one. Now i am like OBSESSED wit them!!!!! (then she got another and has three now, but i still only have one B) )

well, it was in japanese so it was kind of hard to figure out. if i had had translated directions i would have understood about the screen saver but i couldnt figure out why that kept happening. also i couldnt figure out the games. i didnt have the internet back then either so i couldnt look up any translations. but i had the choice to give up the ocean tamagotchi or the forestgotchi for a birthday present so i gave away the forestgotchi.

My friend Stephanie had one, she let me play with it. . . I begged my mom for like 3 weeks, but then my grandma got me one. Long story short i now have 2 V1 and 4 V2. . . I love them!!!!!

Ah, well, back when I was seven or eight, I wanted a Tamagotchi because everyone in school had them. My mom got a Giga Puppy instead, which I played with often, until Christmas, when I found a black and red Tamagotchi under the tree. I loved that little guy to no end. I recall leaving him in a jacket pocke and finding him after the batteries died... in school... in front of the principal... after he made a virtual pet ban. He didn't take it, though. I don't know what happened after that, but I am scouring the family storage place for it. So after that fiasco, I was off VPs for years until a friend had mentioned that he saw Tamagotchi at a toy store in 2001. I was confused.

"They still make those?"

"I guess. The one I saw was $15. It had an infared thingy on top, too."

"I gotta buy one for nostalgia purposes."

"It's your money."

So after a week or so, I was browsing a Sam Goody in my town, when, taa-daa, a green V1 is staring me in the face. It was purchased. So here I am, at TamaTalk, retelling my story to all.

One day I was on electronic furby on mimitchi.com,I saw tamagotchis.I thought they were marbles but I read the logs and it got cuter and cuter as it rumbled on.One day I went to the store and I had 17$ I saw V1's in stock.I bought the white one and named it Oada. (ow-ad-a)

And that is my story.

Now I have 3 healthy tamagotchis.

Ah, well, back when I was seven or eight, I wanted a Tamagotchi because everyone in school had them. My mom got a Giga Puppy instead, which I played with often, until Christmas, when I found a black and red Tamagotchi under the tree. I loved that little guy to no end. I recall leaving him in a jacket pocke and finding him after the batteries died... in school... in front of the principal... after he made a virtual pet ban. He didn't take it, though. I don't know what happened after that, but I am scouring the family storage place for it. So after that fiasco, I was off VPs for years until a friend had mentioned that he saw Tamagotchi at a toy store in 2001. I was confused.
"They still make those?"

"I guess. The one I saw was $15. It had an infared thingy on top, too."

"I gotta buy one for nostalgia purposes."

"It's your money."

So after a week or so, I was browsing a Sam Goody in my town, when, taa-daa, a green V1 is staring me in the face. It was purchased. So here I am, at TamaTalk, retelling my story to all.
Cool! :D

-Tamaguy#1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back