How did you meet your best friend?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.//StoryTeller//.x

Reaction score
All the single ladies/men

Put'cho hands up if you wanna post in the "How did you meet your significant other?" forum but you can't 'cause well you're single

So in celebration of Valentines Day, let us not dwell over our single-ness, and instead embrace the love of friendship because friendship is magic

Okay anyways

How did you meet your best friend/close friend?

I met my best friend, Bethie, back in 2011 when I was in a musical production of Jungle Book. The set was seriously like a huge playground so like at dinner break a bunch of people would just play on it. So Bethie was the sister of one of the cast members so she was at the show like everyday and we'd seen each other around but we didn't actually know each other. Anyways back to the playground set, we were both playing on it at dinner break and we found out we were both scared of heights since like the climbing stuff was so high up and stuff. We had some fun small talk, and I asked her if she was going to audition for the next production at the theater, Chronicles of Narnia. She wasn't due to complicated reasons, as was I, yet we both had audition monologues prepared and everything. So we performed our monologues to each other just so like the preparation wasn't for nothing. She was at the cast party the next day, and we just got to know each other more and more, and everything just clicked. She trusted me with her deepest secrets, as did I. We love each other with all our hearts and I don't know what I'd do without her.

(Also like if you're not a single lady/man and you still have a best friend/close friend story to share then you lucky duck go ahead and share)

Well, my first ever best friend I met in preschool. She was 2 and I was 3, and since then we've been through tons of stuff together.

I don't get to see her all that much since she's a freshman, but whenever we get together we talk about everything and it's the best. c:

Now I've got several close friends. I have trouble being around tons of people at once, but I love spending time with my close friends and talking about all kinds of stuff too. :)

I've only known two people IRL who I would consider my best friends. One was a girl named Sarah in grade school. She introduced me to virtual pets and Pokémon way back in the 90's. We were also both into Beanie Babies and Sanrio at the time. Other kids bullied us, so we made a journal where we'd write bad things about the people who made fun of us. One day someone went through Sarah's desk, stole and read the journal, and turned Sarah in to the teacher. While the teacher took Sarah out into the hall to lecture her some kid started making fun of Sarah. I took my notebook and smacked him in the face with it so hard it left a spiral print across his face. That was the only time I ever hit someone in school and I don't regret it at all. :p Unfortunately, Sarah moved away after 5th grade because her father got a job in Florida.

I had another very good friend in high school named Abby. She loved art and watched all the same shows I did at the time. She was extremely witty and always made references to the shows we watched. I think I was the only one who got them half the time. Out of the few friends I had in high school, Abby was the only one who wasn't into drugs, sex, or alcohol. After we both graduated, Abby moved to Florida to go to a film school. I'm still waiting for a day I see her name in the credits of a movie.

Curse you, Florida! Why did you steal my friends? I should try looking both of them up sometime. I wonder if they'd remember me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met mine back in 2002 at lunch through another friend. Eventually those people moved on and we hung out. She was with some remedial students (as she was one herself, being disabled and all), and we had a LOT in common, that being manga, anime, and video games. So we started hanging out a lot and essentially grew up together playing games and drawing and writing and such. We're still friends now, just don't hardly see each other due to work schedules, sadly.

Had another but there was a period in time in which we were going through very tough times and ended up not talking for a few years due to the drama. We only recently reconnected once we settled out our lives, but honestly it's not quite the same.

Have one more but he's kinda a mooch. He's nice to hang with every so often, but he's sorta.... disappointing and flaky, unfortunately. A good listener, though, and gives a lot of emotional support when needed.

I met my best friend, Georgia, back in 2004 when I was 4 years old. It was in my first school. Although, we didn't become best friends until 2008 when my old friends left and I didn't really have anyone else to talk to. We like the same things, and we're both pretty similar. Now we go to different schools, but I still keep in touch with her a lot thru phone/email and we go to each others houses.

I met my best friend in 55 BC. We went to the same school and we got exactly the same grades for every exam. We both really liked Minecraft parodies, especially this one I'm listening to right now. We had everything in common, and over 416 years we became best friends, and we've never argued over the thousands of years we've been friends :)

That was all a lie. Obviously. I don't have the amazing perfect long-term friendships everyone else here is talking about :p

I don't have a best friend. But the closest things I have are random strangers on the internet who I don't know IRL. Yay. I met my best friends on TT in various years from 2009 to 2014. I also have a lot of friends I met on Minecraft in the last few weeks since I joined an amazing server where basically everyone's friends with each other. No, I haven't gone to school with or visited the houses of my best friends, but we have made up random parodies of weird songs, and we have made sprites for EMF's Tama game, and we have built houses and farms, and we have fought random monsters. On TamaChat and Minecraft. :D

I have 3 best friends, although one of them and I might not talk anymore after today, actually.. (Let's call him friend A.) The other two, girls, will be friend B and C.

A-Ran up to me and my friends during our lunch period while he was in track class and ate with us instead.. He continued to do this for a while before I finally got to know him well enough to ask for his number so we could talk outside of school. (This was when I was in 8th grade.)

B-We met in 5th grade. I didn't know her at the time, and I thought she looked like one of my other friends, so I went at sat next to her because she looked nice, and then we started actually talking on the second day of school.

C-I met in 7th grade band class. We were separated by instruments, and we played the same instrument.. We've been friends ever since. :)

Met mine when i was in Grade 2. wow that was forever ago..

i was about 7 yrs old too.

The way we met:

I moved to a new location, and had to goto a different school, so i was new to the school. (it was in the middle of the year)
by complete coincidence, someone else had just joined the class on the same day. we quickly became friends, and are still friends to this day. :3

I've probably had 4 best friends in my whole life, half of which I lost (because one moved and I'm still friends with the other one just not best friends because we just didn't have any classes in middle school and we never had the time to hang out anymore but we still talk on the bus and stuff).

The first one, I can't even remember but some time in elementary very early I was walking to my bus line and I saw her playing rock, paper, scissors with my brother. We started talking and from then on we were friends for the rest of elementary but we don't talk as much now in middle school (soon High School :eek: )

The second one is a guy, my only guy best friend, and I had a crush on him in elementary (god I hope he doesn't see this post somehow) and then my brother became friends with him. We became friends when he started coming over my house to hang out with my brother and we started talking - I didn't really have a crush on him anymore, today I don't but we're still really good friends.

The third one, I met on the first day middle school began because by the end of the day we realized we had the exact same schedule and started talking, eventually because best friends. I'm actually glad she moved to another school because she started taking over my life, telling me which friends I could and couldn't have (almost ruined my friendship with the first one) and just being really clingy. I also hope she doesn't somehow see this

The last one I met at church while I was with the second one in grade 6, we didn't become friends right off the bat though because we sort of didn't like each other XD. It took so long for us to become best friends, in grade 7 I knew her fairly well, and our lockers were kind of close together so we'd walk to classes and lunch together. I don't even remember when it happened, it was like 2 and a half years ago, but me and the second one moved to her table and in grade 8 I really got to know her, and we finally became best friends.

The three people that became my best friends earliest in life are my mom and two sisters. My mom always told me I was "born under a lucky star" and I really believe it's true. After I was born, Beth was born 18 months after me. The closeness in age made us have a very close relationship, as close as many twins are from a young age. My youngest sister, Kathleen, is six years younger than me, but we bonded a lot during my later teen years. The three of us are inseparable, and I trust and love them unconditionally.

My mom is the main reason why my sisters and I grew up so close. She encouraged us to not only be sisters, but friends, too. It's because of her that we grew up having similar interests, likes and dislikes. We consider each other "one person" because of the likeness. All that said, we greatly take after our mom in a lot of ways. And even though we don't see eye-to-eye with our mom on big subjects like religion and politics, we come together to agree to disagree and love each other all the more for it. I wouldn't be who I am today without the love, guidance and support from my mom.

And I met my best friend (now my husband), Shawn, when we were fourteen. We met when we were freshmen in high school and bonded instantly over our senses of humor and love for video games. He was my first high school crush. Slowly over those high school years, we came together and took the plunge into a relationship. We have never been apart since those early teen years. I feel lucky to have found a life companion in him so early in life-- and the same goes for my mom and my sisters.

I knew them all from either primary or secondary school.

I met my best friend, Occy in year 5. Although I wasn't that close to her for a while my first impression of her was that she was really strange. And that for me has been a lasting impression... She's stuck with me the whole way through and I love her so much. <3

Aww.. hhaha!

How I met my bestfriend? Well, there is this social virtual chatroom thing called "Habbo Hotel" I used to play when I was 12 till I was about 14. I met this girl named "Trixie" on Habbo when I was 12. One day, I was hanging in one of the rooms when this girl comes in the room and we started up this hilarious conversation. I didn't know that we would remain friends as i thought we would only chat for like 1 night and never see eachother again! We had a few things in common so we started chatting for a few days when we told eachother our real ages. I said I was 12 and to my surprise she said she was 9 turning 10! haha. I didn't mind because she is really mature. She lives in the Philippines while I live in Australia. We started seeing eachother on Skype and Tinychat and became very close, then we started exchanging letters, addresses and facebooks. Both of us have left Habbo long ago and no longer play it but almost 3 years later we still chat every single day and now we know each and everything about eachother! We are always dreaming and planning of meeting up one day when we are older and probably will! xD <3 She doesn't have Tamatalk but I hope she will soon.. and now I am going to screenshot this and show it to her haha lol!

I lub chu trix <33

I met my best friend on a team field trip (at our school, each grade has 2 teams, and we were on the same team), to a botanical garden where we went fishing, and I heard her talking about minecraft, so we started talking and then we started fishing in the same spot, and now 6 months later, we're best friends. Especially since I helped her around with her sprained ankle and all. XD

How I met someone I know very well:

About three years ago, we (along with a few others) became interested in a certain subject. We met when we got together a year later to talk about things relating to that subject.
That subject's not what any of us decided to talk about once we got going :blink:

I don't really know how this all happened or how talking about off-topic things led up to something that has lasted this long, but something clicked. We talked and talked and talked. Now, two years later, one of those people happens to be one of the people I know best.

We're close in the sense that we know each other well and enjoy each other's company, valuing each other's opinions and knowledge.

And we continue to talk.

A lot :lol:

Hello all,

When I was very young I frequented this site quite a bit (most active between 2006 - 2009, I believe). I came back for a bit of nostalgia - I'm in college now, and haven't played with a tamagotchi in ages - and I saw this topic and knew I HAD to reply.

Why must I? Because, you see, I met my best friend on TamaTalk!

Yes, sometime around August of 2006, TamaGirliey and I began to talk. I messaged her asking about what it was like to be in middle school, since she had already been in middle school for a year, and I was just heading off to start it. She says now that at first she didn't like me, which is understandable... I was pretty lacking in the social skills department.

Fast forward to the summer of 7th grade. We FINALLY convinced our parents that the other is not a bad person, that we're really trustworthy! We had been talking on the phone for a couple years, and videochatting on the internet, so we actually were really certain that the other person was who they said they were. So Natalie's dad drove her ALL the way up from Missouri to Minnesota to meet me!

When she got to my hometown, she called me from a gas station known for selling "broasted" chicken. When I picked up, her first question to me was "What's a broasted chicken...?" Haha. When we met we crashed into each other in a hug of ballistic joy. Those were some of the best days of my life.

Since then, Natalie and I have been meeting every summer (and then some extra times throughout the year). I don't know what I would do without her. She's always there when I have no one else. I can say with absolute certainty that this girl has saved my life. I love her more than I will love anyone else. And I know she thinks the same of me.

Thanks for all the memories, TT. Starting to tear up over here. <3

Hello all,

When I was very young I frequented this site quite a bit (most active between 2006 - 2009, I believe). I came back for a bit of nostalgia - I'm in college now, and haven't played with a tamagotchi in ages - and I saw this topic and knew I HAD to reply.

Why must I? Because, you see, I met my best friend on TamaTalk!

Yes, sometime around August of 2006, TamaGirliey and I began to talk. I messaged her asking about what it was like to be in middle school, since she had already been in middle school for a year, and I was just heading off to start it. She says now that at first she didn't like me, which is understandable... I was pretty lacking in the social skills department.

Fast forward to the summer of 7th grade. We FINALLY convinced our parents that the other is not a bad person, that we're really trustworthy! We had been talking on the phone for a couple years, and videochatting on the internet, so we actually were really certain that the other person was who they said they were. So Natalie's dad drove her ALL the way up from Missouri to Minnesota to meet me!

When she got to my hometown, she called me from a gas station known for selling "broasted" chicken. When I picked up, her first question to me was "What's a broasted chicken...?" Haha. When we met we crashed into each other in a hug of ballistic joy. Those were some of the best days of my life.

Since then, Natalie and I have been meeting every summer (and then some extra times throughout the year). I don't know what I would do without her. She's always there when I have no one else. I can say with absolute certainty that this girl has saved my life. I love her more than I will love anyone else. And I know she thinks the same of me.

Thanks for all the memories, TT. Starting to tear up over here. <3
that me

(love you too <3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back